Monkie Kid's Lion GuardianMonkie Kid™
Youngsters will love showing off this action-packed LEGO® Monkie Kid™ Lion Guardian playset (80021) to their friends. It features a fully posable Lion Guardian mech toy with 2 hidden spring-loaded shooters, the Spider Queen’s battle rig with movable legs and 2 spring-loaded shooters, plus a posable robotic spider. A great gift for trend-setting kids, this set also includes a buildable arcade with a toy-grabbing claw game that dispenses toy elements, plus 5 minifigures with cool weapons for role-play battles.
Find printed instructions in the box and enhance children’s building experience with intuitive Instructions PLUS in the free LEGO Building Instructions app, which lets them visualize the models on screen as they build.
Educational and fun
LEGO Monkie Kid building sets are inspired by Monkey King tales from the classic Journey to the West novel and rooted in Chinese culture and values. They are designed to nurture kids’ bravery, resilience and optimism through creative play.
- Children become the heroes in their own thrilling adventures with this LEGO® Monkie Kid™ Lion Guardian (80021) mech toy, Spider Queen battle rig, posable robotic spider and buildable arcade.
- This premium-quality, battle toy playset includes 5 minifigures – Monkie Kid with The Golden Staff, Mei with the Jade Dragon Blade, Huntsman with a rifle, Spider Queen and Lu.
- The fully posable Lion Guardian features snapping jaws and has a hidden, spring-loaded shooter in each of the drums, while the Spider Queen’s battle rig has movable legs and 2 spring-loaded shooters.
- Kids will love playing with the buildable arcade’s dance machine and the toy-grabbing game with a movable claw that dispenses toy elements just like a real-life arcade game.
- This 774-piece, LEGO® building toy makes a cool birthday present, holiday gift or surprise treat for creative kids aged 8 and up who like to be part of the hottest trends.
- The Lion Guardian measures over 8.5 in. (21 cm) high, 11 in. (28 cm) longand 7.5 in. (19 cm) wide. It’s a cool model for youngsters to display and show off to friends between playtime adventures.
- Step-by-step instructions in the box and intuitive Instructions PLUS, available in the free LEGO® Building Instructions app, enhance children’s building experience.
- LEGO® Monkie Kid™ toy building sets are inspired by China’s legend of the Monkey King and help children to develop their imaginations, bravery and resilience while having lots of fun.
- Ever since 1958, LEGO® components have met rigorous industry standards to ensure they are compatible and connect consistently.
- LEGO® components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and rigorously analyzed to satisfy stringent global safety standards.
- July 28th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Awesome BuildI would recommend this to a friend!I have watched countless videos on this Lego set! This is one of my favorite Monkie Kid sets ever! The Spider Queen’s chariot is a cool addition to this awesome set! But the main attraction is the fierce jewel of this Lego set! It has cool abilities like joints made to move the jaw and shooters in the elbows. This is one of my favorite sets ever!Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55Monkie Kid's Lion Guardian
- June 10th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Very unique and fun, but not as desirableThis set is pretty good. The Lion Guardian has a very unique concept and design, which works plentifully well. It has a good amount of range of posability for each of the legs, and it is sturdy enough to keep it's balance. The other play features it has, those being the jaw and shooters on the side, work well, although the function for the jaw comes at the cost of now posability for the rest of the head, and some people like me would prefer to see the head be posable. The arcade side build is well done, and the claw game build is very effective. The mini spider drone is effective enough and works for what it is. The legs for the Spider Queen are fine, though I wish it was possible to keep the body up, since the way it's built make the body too heavy for the legs to keep it up, and it always falls to the ground. The minifigure selection is fine. It is the cheapest set of the wave to get the Spider Queen, while the other figures can be found in cheaper sets. I feel the value is about average. All the builds together feel like there's enough volume and playability in the set to justify it's price. The only thing that can be a knock to it is that it doesn't feel as desirable as other sets, since some builds might feel samey with colors and design techniques. Overall, this is a nice set, but I do feel it's not as desirable as other sets. If you want it, you'll be satisfied. If you don't want it, you won't miss much.Play Experience4.0Value for Money3.0Was this helpful?45Monkie Kid's Lion Guardian
- March 1st, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0This is goodTBONYT |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is a good set to build a bit challenging but it is good way to get the main bad guy and heroPlay Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 38 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Monkie Kid's Lion Guardian
- March 13th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Lively Lion and Sinister Spider make Dynamic DuoDrustan |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThese colorful and splashy animals makes for fun play and vibrant display thanks to its dynamic side-builds. BUILD: There is a large amount of variety during the build considering the three distinct components. Only the legs of the lion ever felt repetitive. There are a bunch of clear stickers so care should be taken when preventing air bubbles from being seen. With two sets of instructions included for the various builds, it is ideal for building with a friend. PLAY: It is very easy to create fun scenarios with the setting, protagonist, and antagonist. The jaw function on the lion works quite well, even though the manner of moving it can be hard to reach depending on hand size. While it's nice to include the spider, the legs can be pretty fragile and finicky to play with. The arcade with claw game was unnecessary to include, but elevates the set with unique features and a key setting from the tv show. DISPLAY: The lion is quite vibrant and looks good with other Monkie Kid vehicles since it has a shared aesthetic with the Monkey King Warrior Mech. On its own, the set looks good with all of the side builds. However, the arcade particularly feels out of place when next to other Monkie Kid settings since it doesn't share much design language with either the city builds from other sets or the flower fruit mountain. The variety of figures and builds lets you set up countless different configurations for engaging displays.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Monkie Kid's Lion Guardian