Newly expanded and revised for the 15th anniversary of the blockbuster theme, LEGO® Star Wars™: The Visual Dictionary chronicles the entire history of LEGO Star Wars models and minifigures from 1999 to 2014. 144 pages full of big, full-color photos and entertaining and informative text annotations reveal the details, features and functions of a decade and a half of building fun from a galaxy far, far away. From the very first sets to the latest starships, creatures, characters and locations, this one has it all for any Star Wars fan or collector. Includes an exclusive retro Luke Skywalker™ LEGO Minifigure figurine!
- 144 full-color pages (48 more than the previous edition)
- Updated and revised throughout
- Includes exclusive retro Luke Skywalker™ LEGO® Minifigure figurine
- A great gift for LEGO® Star Wars™ fans and collectors
100% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- February 26th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great, This Book Is!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis dictionary is an amazing purchase for Star Wars fans. The pages are full of fun facts and awesome pictures of Star Wars sets. All of the sets mentioned are retired, but it really shows how far Legos have come in term of detail. Near the back of the book there is a minifigure section, as well as a "behind the scenes of Lego production" area. The effort Lego put into this book is evident, the pages/chapters are organized and show the development process of each set. Lastly, the exclusive Luke Skywalker minifigure is so old-school, that it's impossible not to love. I highly recommend this to any Star Wars fan who wants to extend their knowledge, or simply look at some cool pictures!Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Star Wars™: The Visual Dictionary (Updated and Expanded)
- June 24th, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0AWESOME LEGO STAR WARS BOOK!!!!!Jazz23 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis has every Lego Star Wars set from 1999 to now if u want to have the knowledge and to know every Lego Star Wars set there is then this is for u I have it and I love it!!!!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Star Wars™: The Visual Dictionary (Updated and Expanded)
- November 24th, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A Whole Lot Better Than the Last One!ministud |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is perhaps the most complete book on the history of LEGO Star Wars I have ever read. 5 years ago, the first version of this visual dictionary came out; needless to say, I got it, but a couple years later, I gave it to two young fans, due to the fact I wasn't reading it much since then. But, I'm so glad this one came out (of course, 3 years after I gave the original away), because I have never seen so much LEGO Star Wars in one book. Seriously. THIS is the real deal for fans. The last one contained every set up to 2009. THIS one is updated with 5 additional years, from 1999 to 2014, with better photos, which are amazingly detailed, and, as always, it isn't a LEGO book without an exclusive minifigure: an updated version of the very first 1999 Luke Skywalker minifigure, with printing now on the back. For those who didn't get the first book, that one contained a Luke minifigure with a medal (an homage to the celebration scene at the end of Episode IV, as the theme celebrated it's 10th anniversary). Get this book. You won't regret it. I know I didn't.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Star Wars™: The Visual Dictionary (Updated and Expanded)
- April 27th, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great reference book!....(up to 2014)DrSmith |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have the recently updated minifigures book, and this book complements that perfectly. It's a great reference tool for looking at past models and also studying the history of how far models have evolved over the previous 15 years. For example, the very first Millenium Falcon looked pretty awful, and over time has evolved to the UCS model we know today which is outstanding. (The 2014 UCS model is detailed here). The book is laid out in chapters with Chapter 1 being the Prequel Trilogy and Clone Wars, Chapter 2 focuses on Original Trilogy and Expanded Universe (EU), while Chapter 3 is really interesting, as this details the specialist sets like UCS, Technic, MicroFighters etc. The photos are great quality; lots of information and details of the evolution of Star Wars:LEGO. The pages on UCS are worth the entry price alone. This section is really good (up to 2014) and I just wish I had bought the Imperial Super Star Destroyer or Cloud City - due an update LEGO? Finally, in Chapter 4 you have some interviews with the designers, fan creations (an incredible Mos Eisley diorama) some promotional models (amazing NY TimesSquare human-scale model!!) and more.... In the front of book is a timeline; pages 6-13 follows Episode 1-6, EU and Clone Wars models all through the years 1999-2014. This is also worth the price - just wish it was available as a pull-out A2 poster!! To top it off you have a neat special-edition Luke Skywalker figure which is cool with the retro hair and face. To sum up: for collectors, enthusiasts and just plain curious its a must-buy!Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Star Wars™: The Visual Dictionary (Updated and Expanded)
Shop more like this: