- THE LEGO® MOVIE 2™
- Rex's Rexplorer!
Team up with Rex, Emmet and the raptors against the Plantimals with THE LEGO® MOVIE 2™ 70835 Rex’s Rexplorer space toy set! The Rexplorer features 2 opening cockpits, spring-loaded and stud shooters, rotating engines, an opening rear compartment for interior play, and a removable speeder. This popular and fun spaceship toy also includes 2 minifigures, 2 THE LEGO MOVIE 2 raptor figures with a brick-built mountable stud shooter and raptor skateboard, plus 2 brick-built Plantimals (including one with a trap function).
- This building set includes 6 THE LEGO® MOVIE 2™ characters: new-for-January-2019 Emmet and Rex minifigures, 2 raptor figures and 2 brick-built Plantimals.
- Rex’s Rexplorer construction toy features 2 opening cockpits for minifigures or raptors, 2 spring-loaded shooters, 6 stud shooters, rotating engines, opening rear compartment for minifigures or raptors, storage box for extra ammo and a removable speeder.
- Speeder features 1 of the Rexplorer's cockpits and 2 of the Rexplorer's stud shooters when removed.
- This buildable spaceship set also includes a brick-built stud shooter to mount on a raptor and raptor skateboard.
- One of the Plantimals features a trap function—press the button to activate its arms and capture a raptor or minifigure.
- Weapons includes Rex's 2 stud shooters and Unusual Activity Tracker gun.
- Accessory elements include Rex's 2 energy drinks.
- Recreate fun-packed scenes from THE LEGO® MOVIE 2™ with this space toy for kids.
- Rex's Rexplorer building toy measures over 7” (18cm) high, 12” (33cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
- Plantimal 1 measures over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) wide and 2” (7cm) deep.
- Plantimal 2 measures over 1” (4cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- January 31st, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Rex's Rexplorer!MasterBuilder123 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst of all, this set is just gorgous with the color scheme of lime green and dark blue. The build of the ship was solid and holds alot of space for minifigures. Its funny and interesting how the raptors pilot the ship. The bottom cockpit can actually come out of the build as a speeder and you can store some weapons inside the ship. My only concern about this set is when you put the raptor in the top cockpit, his legs and tail stick out which doesn't look good to me but LEGO did what they could so thats ok. The figures you get are Emmet and Rex and 2 of Rex's raptors (One with blue stripe and one with green). The plantimals are cool to play with and battle and I can see this to be a really cool spaceship for The LEGO Movie 2!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Rex's Rexplorer!
- July 28th, 2019Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Great Ship, BAD FIGURES!MaxTheLegoBuilder | 14-18Purchased for: SelfMy name is Max I am 15 years old I have been collecting legos for 5 years and I am an experienced lego builder owning multiple lego sets. The Rex's Rexplorer! has an amazing build and design with a lot of places to put figures and places to put their accessories also, the outside of the ship has amazing detail with nice medium blue coloration. The only problem that I have with this set is the figures they make me rate this set one star, Rex and Emmet are very common Lego Movie 2 sets and they do not have exclusive prints witch angered me, this made me feel like I got ripped of because an 120$ set should have figures with exclusive prints. Now we go onto the velociraptors they are not the prettiest, there printing is not that good it really looks BAD! Also the velociraptors are not new molds witch angered me because that mold has been with us for four years and the lego collecting community really wants a new mold. Now on to the Plantamals, the only thing good about these are the mixels eyes....everything else about them are horrible they are just cheaply built and fall apart most of the time. Overall the set costs too much to not have good figures, the ship is average but not worth that much money the set should of costed around 75-85$. The figures in this set are horrible and are not worth an extra 35$. I am not pleased with this set :(Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Build Time: 2 hrs 25 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Rex's Rexplorer!
- April 28th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great!December | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set was cool! I think they finally made a set from a movie that was the same size as it was in the movie. I love how each of the raptors had its weapons or place to sit in the ship, but this brings me to the reason i rated 4 stars. It's only one thing, but when i try to put the speeder back into the main ship with the raptor on it, the side wings on the speeder keep it from going all the way in, so i have to jam it in there. Other then that, great set, lego! All of the other weapons and figures of rex's fit inside nicely, and the set has great "swooshability". One of my favorite sets so far!!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Rex's Rexplorer!
- March 1st, 2019Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Good set but POOR DESIGNBillyBT | 35-44Purchased for: FriendI'm sorry but as much as I love the design and idea of this set it has caused me numerous cases of frustration because of the poor design. The bottom breaks up if any pressure is put on from underneath and it causes a chain reaction that makes the entire model basically fall apart. The front cockpit that holds the raptor as well as the top one break off and fall apart and are increasingly frustrating. I'm sorry but a toy shouldn't cause you to go into cursing bouts due to it's defaults. I need to figure out a way to mod this vehicle so that it is more stable. Buy it for the parts and raptors but don't buy it if you're not ready to renovate it. BAD DESIGN!March 6, 2019Keith, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some frustration with this set. We always test and retest our toys to make sure that they’ll hold up to play when they’re built exactly as shown in the instructions. If something ever seems like it's not very sturdy, the best thing to do is double-check your build. Sometimes there may be a piece just a little off from where it should be, which can cause instability. You’ll also want to make sure that all the pieces are pressed tightly together. If you'd like a hand troubleshooting the build, or if you find that any pieces aren't holding together as they should, feel free to give us a shout at LEGO.com/Service.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Rex's Rexplorer!