Interactive fun with LEGO® Star Wars™ droidsBoost learning with fun and interactive missions in a familiar Star Wars™ themed universe.
Learning while playingYoungsters learn coding and critical-thinking skills as they build, code and play with 3 iconic LEGO Star Wars™ droids.
LEGO® Star Wars™ BOOST Droid Commander
Detailed, buildable droids
Iconic droid models make for a fun building challenge.
Free app has drag & drop coding plus authentic sound & music.
The right tool
Equip the droids with tools and weapons to complete missions.
Shoot targets, dodge barriers and much more!
An iconic partnership
Building on 20+ years of LEGO Star Wars collaboration.
Bluetooth-controlled Move Hub installs in no time.
Guided building experience"Even younger kids will enjoy the guided building process using the free LEGO® BOOST Star Wars™ app"
Introduce your Star Wars™ fan to a rich LEGO® brick galaxy of lovable droids, exciting missions and coding fun for kids with the LEGO Star Wars BOOST Droid Commander set. This interactive robot toy puts your child in command of 3 app-controlled Star Wars LEGO droids: R2-D2, a Gonk Droid and a Mouse Droid, each with their own personalities and skills. Using the free LEGO BOOST Star Wars app, your young commander builds the droids, inserts the Bluetooth-controlled Move Hub into the one that will solve each mission, and brings it to life using the intuitive drag-and-drop coding environment (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices). Your youngster then constructs tools, weapons, targets, obstacles and lots more as they progress through over 40 exciting missions – they’ll love it! This set makes a great birthday or Christmas gift or just a gift for any occasion. It also helps youngsters develop their critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, introduces them to basic engineering and robotics, and, just as importantly, lets them play in a rich and expansive galaxy filled with unforgettable icons like Luke Skywalker, X-wings, the Death Star and many more.
- Kids will learn to code and develop creative problem-solving skills as they play with this interactive STEM toy, featuring 3 buildable LEGO® Star Wars™ droids and over 40 interactive missions.
- This fun LEGO® Star Wars™ tech toy for kids includes a color & distance sensor, interactive motor, Move Hub and 1,177 pieces – enough to build all 3 lovable R2-D2, Gonk Droid and Mouse Droid LEGO figures. Please note that only one robot can be brought to life at a time using the included Bluetooth-controlled Move Hub.
- Buildable props include rocket boosters, a catapult, a cake shooter, a target, color decoder, obstacles and many more.
- Kids aged 8+ will love building the robot toys using the free LEGO® BOOST Star Wars™ app, attaching the tools and weapons, and bringing them to life to solve fun, challenging missions with the easy-to-use coding environment. Visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices.
- This great Christmas, birthday or gift idea for any occasion features unforgettable characters, locations, sounds and music from episodes I-VI of the Star Wars™ movie saga, which kids and adults will love to interact with.
- LEGO® brick R2-D2 measures over 7” (20cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide. LEGO Gonk Droid measures over 7” (18cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide. LEGO Mouse Droid measures over 5” (14cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide.
- Free LEGO® BOOST Star Wars™ Droid Commander app is available for selected iOS, Android and Fire smart devices. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- Includes LEGO® Light Brick.
- This set features digital building instructions. Now it’s easy to follow the steps on your mobile device or download a PDF of the printed building guide. Click the Building Instructions button at the bottom of this page to find and download the instructions.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- October 27th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Roger, RogerValerian70 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI bought this for The Boy and he had a blast building the three different robots. The downside for me was that all the build instructions are through the App rather than being a paper booklet included in the package. We half expected this to be the case but it was still a bit of a blow as chances are your device will low battery you whilst building - law of averages states so! As you can see from the rather dim photograph you can display all 3 robots at the same time. However, ther eis only one power pack included in the box so you cannnot operate all threee together. Also, R2D2 will not stand up without the power block inserted, Gonk and the Mouse both stand independantly so not a big problem if they are going to spend more time being dust collection points on your shelf than actually running. I haven't used the App personally but The Boy reports it is easy to select the functions you want your robot to perform. Even better they do operate smoothly and in ways you expect from seeing the robots in the films. I will hold my hand up and admit that the R2D2 one made me laugh like a drain as you can make him do his "agitated" squawk and spin. The Mouse is a nippy little beast - which I didn't expect even though when you see them on the Death Star in A New Hope they zoom around. Gonk makes a really odd noise when he moves which also tickled my funny bone. For us they were well worth purchasing even though they will spend 99% of their time in the display shelving.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Droid Commander
- August 12th, 2019Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Not quite there yetGrandpaLegofan | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was disappointed at first because you have to power up the hub with the app before you can build the droids. Also the app is frustrating with everything being colour coded without labels. The build instructions were really straightforward and I like the wat you can rotate the 3D image. The droids builds are a bit hit and miss though, R2-D2 is very detailed and well built but the mouse droid appears unfinished with the motor “hanging” out of the rear. The coding seems very extensive and gives a great deal of options and could be really powerful with the right amount of imagination, however, the droids themselves struggled to manoeuvre on my laminated timber floor. Overall, there is room for improvement but can see the fun value in it.Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Droid Commander
- October 30th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Very coolI would recommend this to a friend!I was a little hesitant with this because of the potential difficulty involved with the motors and the app (which we hadn’t had experience with on other LEGO builds), but I am so happy we got this for my son. He’s 7 and has a lot of LEGO experience and is a very fast builder, so I thought this would challenge him...and it did. The build time wasn’t too long. He worked on in for a couple hours and we figured out the whole app. In the end he really enjoyed it and loves playing with it. It’s almost like a remote control toy. Well done LEGO for taking it to the next level with the added technology.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55Droid Commander
- July 5th, 2019Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Star Wars Boost Droid CommanderMisadventurer | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfReally like the concept and can see a future for this type of product in different areas. Especially like the new 3D building instructions, but would still like numbered steps. I would like to be able to skip the introduction after I have seen it a few times, I really don’t care to waste time on it. The app is a pain to navigate (not what I would call user friendly or intuitive). It is hard to even follow the tutorials because you don’t have a clue what or where everything is. The droids are cute and do work pretty well. My friend and I would like a parts list included just like all the other sets. We would like to get the extra pieces so we don’t have to keep taking the droids or accessories apart. While we have become well practiced at finding part numbers there is still at least one we have no idea just what it is we are looking for to get a number. Basically we want to use all he droids at the same time. I am not convinced that I actually completed the Begger’s Canyon mission. All the robot did was run into things 4 times with the map showing it did this and that, oh well. Everything else we have done so far seems fine. I can see a child having a lot of problems getting through this set even with a parent’s help. Lego Released this set too soon and really needs to get some decent documentation for it. Hard copy instructions is really needed. A rechargeable power pack would be nice. The reason I said I would recommend this is because I cannot help a friend and because of the potential.December 13, 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. We always appreciate the feedback! Much like exploring an unknown planet, the best way to learn the app is by playing around. Experiment and tap on things. Try new programming blocks and see what sorts of things your droid can get up to! And try tapping and holding on any block - you'll get a description of what it does. For a full list of the parts in the set, just tap the gear icon to get to settings. From that menu, you'll find a link to the parts list. It sounds like you passed Beggar's Canyon with flying colors. This mission teaches builders how they can use input from the sensor to make their robot follow certain commands. If you need a hand identifying parts or navigating the app, you can always get in touch with our brick experts over at LEGO.build/Service. We'd be happy to help.Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Droid Commander