Explore the professions of some of the groundbreaking women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with the LEGO® Ideas Women of NASA set. It features minifigures of 4 pioneering women of NASA— astronomer and educator Nancy Grace Roman, computer scientist and entrepreneur Margaret Hamilton, astronaut, physicist and entrepreneur Sally Ride and astronaut, physician and engineer Mae Jemison—and 3 builds illustrating their areas of expertise. Role-play space exploration from planning to moon landing, beginning with the iconic scene from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969 of Hamilton with software that she and her team programmed. Build the posable Hubble Space Telescope and launch a LEGO version of the Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages. The set also includes a booklet about the 4 featured women of NASA, and the fan creator and LEGO designers of this fun and educational set.
- Includes 4 minifigures: Nancy Grace Roman, Margaret Hamilton, Sally Ride and Mae Jemison.
- Features 3 LEGO® builds illustrating the areas of expertise of the 4 featured women of NASA.
- Nancy Grace Roman’s build features a posable Hubble Space Telescope with authentic details and a projected image of a planetary nebula.
- Margaret Hamilton's build features a stack of book elements, representing the books of listings of Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) onboard flight software source code.
- Sally Ride and Mae Jemison’s build features a launchpad and Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages.
- Also includes printed nameplates for each of the 4 women featured in this set.
- Great for role-playing space exploration missions.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the 4 featured women of NASA, the set's fan creator and the LEGO designers.
- Nancy Grace Roman's build measures over 2" (7cm) high, 3” (9cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Margaret Hamilton’s build measures over 2" (6cm) high, 3” (8cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep.
- Sally Ride and Mae Jemison’s build measures over 4" (12cm) high, 3” (10cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- November 15th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Must Have Set for All Space Geeks!Nariswari | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLEGO Ideas - WOMEN of NASA is definitely a collector material! the set is all of educative, fun, and decorative. It is relative easy to build. Just wish they added more figures on the set, like 5 instead of 4, and each has their own stage. But overall, it's awesome! look forward if there will be another exclusive set of NASA part II :)Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA
- February 9th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent.Cewa | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIs a Christmas present. It was an easy to build had no struggles. The product is wonderful.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA
- November 2nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Out of this world set!WannaGoToSpaaaace | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is such a great little set! I knew I wanted to buy it the moment I saw the recreation of Margaret Hamilton's iconic photograph with the huge stack of code. It's a simple idea, but executed very well and looks great on my shelves. The inclusion of the brilliant Mae Jemison (and the tiny shuttle) made this a must-have. It's absolutely fantastic to see Lego honouring the women of NASA in this way. I missed out on the Research Institute, but this set will let me put female scientists in all my scenes, and I couldn't be happier. The NASA theme aside, if you're looking for a variety of female minifig parts, this set is great value. Most of my other sets are overwhelmingly male, so I'm really excited to be able to widen the number of women in my collection--including a woman of colour! Thank you Lego! It really is thrilling to see sets like this. Long may it continue!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA
- November 2nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Very Educational Settkhuang | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI am actually glad that LEGO made this set. As a long-time astronomy fan, I find this set very fun and educational. There are many female scientists who have made excellent contributions to science and technology, or even played a key role in the development of science, but are often ignored or not well-known (as for me, I actually don't know about Margaret Hamilton and Nancy G. Roman until this set came out). It is good that LEGO made this to honor these female scientists for their contributions. As for the build itself, I especially love the space shuttle and the Hubble Space Telescope, and I really think LEGO designers have captured the essence of the two spacecrafts. The four minifigures have very nice and unique torso prints as well. Overall, I highly recommend this set if you are passionate about science or astronomy.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 45 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA