Here comes the Winter Holiday Train!Start the season right by building this festive
A perfect addition to your holiday decorations!
Show off your holiday tree!
Tree spins on its base as the train goes down the track.
Visit the cab to wish the driver season’s greetings.
All aboard for holiday fun!
Put the minifigures in the passenger car and off you go.
Step-by-step instructions make building easy!
Includes five LEGO minifigures!Locomotive driver, ticket collector, grandmother, a boy and a girl, plus toy robot figure.
Motorize your train with Power Functions!
Gather the family for some festive LEGO® building fun with this charming model featuring a full circle of track, boarding platform with bench and lamppost, a Power Functions upgradable train engine with brick-built smoke bellowing from its stack, coal tender, flatbed wagon with a rotating holiday tree, toys and gifts, and a red caboose with a detailed interior and table. The train engine also features large and small red-colored locomotive wheels and the train is decorated with green wreathes, string lights and white tree elements. This LEGO® Creator Expert set includes 5 minifigures.
- To motorize the engine, purchase items 8879, 8884, 88000, and 88002. Instructions can be found in the back of your building instructions.
- Build a Winter Holiday Train with a full circle track and a decorated tree that spins as the train moves
- Includes 5 minifigures; a locomotive driver, ticket collector, grandmother, boy and a girl, plus festive green wreaths, decorative lights, and buildable micro toys for minifigures
- The holiday train in total measures over 4” high, 20” long and 2” wide. Curved rail track diameter measures over 27”
- LEGO Creator building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- 734 pieces – For boys and girls over the age of 12 years old
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- May 24th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Just In-time for the festive holidays.snowboarder68 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!As a big collector of Lego when I saw this I knew I just had to have it, Im just a big kid at heart when it comes to the festive season. It was quite an easy build, didnt take long and looks really great once finished. I Love the rotating xmas tree as the train moves, this is a nice touch! After I had built it I then thought this would be great if it was motorised and as the instruction booklet had stated you can add power at a later date, that was my next purchase from Lego! I purchased item 88000 battery box, 88002 Train motor, 8879 Remote Control, 884 IR Receiver. Adding the power functions was really easy by following the additional instructions in the booklet, I even added some coal on the top of the battery pack which I think works well (check out my Pictures) I also added an additional Lego led lighting cable that I had, so now the train has lights, super cool. Roll on December so I can try it out under the tree! Enjoy.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Winter Holiday Train
- January 4th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Place the motor under the tenderBVG9Volt | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLego made a beautiful winter train set. It looks good and gives the feeling of the holidays. If you want to motorize it with Power Functions and want to add more rail cars. You should place the motor under the tender and not under the engine (watch photo below). The motor slips over when the motor is placed under the engine. Lego proposes in the building instructions but in my opinion it is not a good idea. Happy Holidays and have fun with the (motorized) Winter Holiday TrainPlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Winter Holiday Train
- December 1st, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Addition to Winter Villagenatevoelker | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfEvery year my kids can't wait to put up the Lego Winter Village, and this year they are super excited. This train is great for kids of all ages, and adults too. The power functions are a must. Some have commented that they remove colour, which is true, but it is hardly noticeable. It's going to be a lot of fun figuring out how to incorporate this set into the whole village this year.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Winter Holiday Train
- January 3rd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great setMax5858 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!This is a fantastic set. It is easy to build and only takes a couple of hours to put together. It will look great under the tree, but you will probably have to buy more tracks. I bought the additional Power Function parts to motorize the train, because, well, TRAIN. (BTW the automation is not required, and pushing the train is just as fun as using the remote.) MODS: Like others who reviewed this set, I found the engine car too light to carry the motor, and experienced slipping of the wheels, especially when I added another car. I took another reviewer's advice and moved the motor to the tender/coal car and moved it to the middle of the train. It then worked perfectly. I also thought the smoke was a little small for the train, so I made that bigger. Like others, I found that the lamps on the last car made putting a full sized minifig on the outside of the car impossible. I compromised by taking the lamp off of the roof and putting it on a gold pole I had in my stock and had the ticket-taker hold this pole/lamp. MORE MODS: After all this, I watched the Polar Express and decided to turn my new train into the Polar Express. I added a couple of kids and put the hobo on top of the additional car, which I made into the toy transport car for the movie. This ended up being a great place to put the toys that you make in the set. I added an area at the front of the train to stand and made the lamp on the engine bigger. This is a super-cool set and I had a blast making all the mods for it. I think it will be a great addition to the North Pole Workshop and Winter Toy Shop.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsWas this helpful?55Winter Holiday Train