Join the space team at the test laboratory with the LEGO® City Space Starter Set! Have the engineer tighten the nuts and bolts and check the infrared camera and drilling function on the Mars rover buggy before you take it for a test drive over the simulated Mars terrain. Help the astronaut test the jetpack and then join the scientist at the computer station to examine the results. It’s all in a day’s work for the LEGO City space team! Includes 4 minifigures with assorted accessories: a scientist, engineer and 2 astronauts.
- Includes 4 minifigures with assorted accessories: a scientist, engineer and 2 astronauts
- Features a Mars rover buggy, simulated Mars terrain, computer station and jetpack, camera and lamp elements
- Mars rover buggy features infrared camera and surface scanner elements
- Accessory elements include a wrench, space helmet, peaked cap and a hard hat
- Join the space team!
- Test-drive the Mars rover buggy!
- Power up the jetpack!
- Mars rover buggy measures over 2” (7cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide
- Computer station measures over 1” (4cm) high, 1” (4cm) wide and 1” (2cm) deep
- November 25th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great value and an excellent standalone setGowsk | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe Lego City Starter Sets are amazing value for what you get, and this Space set is no exception. The four minifigures are well-detailed - you get a female scientist, a male flight technician with a hi-vis vest, and two astronauts in full spacesuit gear, one of which has a back-mounted camera and a rocket pack. I like the new gold plastic used for the spacesuit visors - I had the old chrome ones, and while those were more true-to-life they got scratched and flaky quite quickly. My one quibble with the minifigs is that the scientist is quite similar to the one included in the Volcano Starter Set - it would have been nice if there were more variety in face or hairstyle between the two, but that's more personal preference than anything. The lights and camera on tripods will work well on Earth and on the moon and can both have their height adjusted which is a nice touch, and the command console has some great computer-y parts. The moon buggy is an outstanding model that makes this my favourite Starter Set. It's a fairly true-to-life replica of the three real moon buggies used by the Apollo missions, including pieces to represent the antenna dish and video camera systems. Hours could be spent with the two astronauts exploring strange alien worlds, reporting back to the scientist on Earth. Overall, a great little set that could easily be a standalone, with excellent play value.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Space Starter Set
- January 14th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great valueSongNurs3 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set was an excellent value for the price. The minifigures are great ( though I wish there were 2 girls and 2 boys instead of 3 boys 1 girl), and I love the scientist's print on the torso. Overall it was a simple build, but it's creative and a great addition to a big or small collection.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Space Starter Set
- June 30th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great teaching value, especially for girls!RafaelAndAnna | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterWe bought this set because of the female scientist: we're not yet parents, but when we will be, if we will have a girl we will be sure to teach her that she can be anything she wants to be, and how science drives the world today and she can be a part of it. This set shows just that.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Space Starter Set
- April 17th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Good.Jimjo47 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a nice set. lets get to the point. Pros: Nice space rover. Cool astronots nice computers good egine man Cons: Why is there space rocks by the ground support computers? Shouldn't the rover be on the moon? How do they get to the moon? do they really strap the rover to there feet and take off with jet packs or some thing? Whats up with the lights? They putting searchlights on the moon to look for crooks or something? overall this is a pretty good set, though I never really got into the space stuff.April 26, 2017Allison - Consumer Services Specialist , Consumer ServiceThank you for your review. We are over the moon about your review. We are glad that you picked up this set even though you aren’t into the “space stuff”. We also love when our fans step outside of their comfort level and want to build something new. This set is a complimenting set that goes well with our other Space Theme City sets. You asked many questions on how they got to the moon, and that can be answered by our awesome City Space Set 60080, Spaceport. We always love to hear from our fans, and hearing what our fans have to say only makes us a better company. We will make sure that we pass your review on to our awesome City Design Team. Thank you again for your review.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 7 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Space Starter Set