Ship in a BottleShip in a Bottle4.44645168.
Continue a nautical tradition when you build the LEGO® Ideas Ship in a Bottle, featuring a highly detailed ship with the captain’s quarters, cannons, masts, crow’s nest and printed sail elements. Fan creator, Jake Sadovich, was inspired by an actual ship in a bottle that he had built a few years earlier when he decided to build a replica in LEGO brick form. His creation reached the qualifying 10,000 votes with LEGO Ideas.
- Features a LEGO® brick-built bottle, ship and a display stand.
- Bottle features a detailed, buildable cork with new-for-February 2018 wax-seal-style element and over 280 translucent-blue, water-style elements inside.
- Ship features a raised deck at the stern, captain’s quarters, 6 cannons, 3 masts, a crow’s nest and assorted elements including printed sails and the ship’s flag.
- Display stand features the ship’s ‘Leviathan’ nameplate, a built-in ‘compass’ (non-functioning) with detailed compass rose and spinning gold-colored needle, 2 globe elements and gold-colored detailing.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator Jake Sadovich and LEGO® designers.
- This construction toy is suitable for ages 10+.
- Bottle on stand measures over 3" (10cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep.
- Ship measures over 3" (8cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- December 11th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Fun addition to LEGO IdeasSmoov | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI started off a bit apprehensive about this build but it quickly got to be more fun. After constructing the ship - which is quite small and delicate - You start in on the bottle, which starts with tons of small-as-possible clear parts. For example, they'll use a bunch of 2x1 pieces to create an 8x1, instead of just including an 8x1 piece. To me, that artificially bumps up the piece count (on a set that already has 284 clear blue pieces to make the "water") and, more importantly, keeps the final product less stable and harder to get perfectly aligned. The set should probably be no more than $50 tops, but in the end it was a fun build that looks great on display so it's hard to complain. Just note that to make any adjustments to the ship or anything like that, you're looking at a bit of an ordeal, getting back into and then rebuilding the bottle.Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Ship in a Bottle
- November 25th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent Displayysma | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is a great as a home display, with these colourful bricks the building is amazing and so much fun. The only cons I find the price in Canadian $is a little bit high, and the designer could have merged two pieces of WALL ELEMENT 1X4X3 Element 4594686 to form a big piece WALL ELEMENT 1X4X6 this would make the ship more visible.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ship in a Bottle
- December 19th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Interesting setjjwatters | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI really enjoyed building this set. Building the bottom on the bottle was intriguing. The visual effect is excellent with this set. When I first saw this set I thought it was perfect to go along with the Old Fishing Store Set. I have both in my office. I do agree with other reviews that the ship is small, but I can understand why; the size of the bottle in proportion to the ship. I have one complaint about this set. It is not very sturdy. In my opinion, this set is not intended to be played with, unless you take the ship out of the bottle. Moving the set requires rebuilding the set (personal experience - multiple rebuilds). The neck of the bottle becomes detached very easily.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Ship in a Bottle
- November 18th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Ship in a BottleJtFaretra | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI usually stick with Star Wars sets, but I saw this kit online and had a perfect spot for it. I really enjoyed this kit; A lot of small pieces but still very enjoyable to build. I am most impressed with the bottle. The design and build of the bottom is pretty cool.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ship in a Bottle