Sandman and Rhino have joined forces to steal diamonds and now they are hiding out with the loot at the construction site. Rush to recover the stolen jewels with Iron Spider and Spider-Man. But, oh no! The super villains have set an ambush, attacking with the marauding Rhino Mech’s stud shooters and trapping Iron Spider in one of Sandman’s shape-shifting sand hands. Super-jump to the rescue with Spider-Man, activating the spider’s web and the crane’s demolition ball to trap and topple the RhinoMech. Then release Iron Spider from the sand hand and knock over the sign with another perfectly aimed jump to reveal the hidden diamonds! Includes 4 minifigures with a weapon element and assorted accessory elements: Spider-Man, Iron Spider, Sandman and Rhino.
- Includes 4 minifigures with a weapon element and assorted accessory elements: Spider-Man, Iron Spider, Sandman and Rhino
- Construction site features a rotating crane with wrecking ball and wrecking-ball release function, 2 gripping Sandman sand hands, construction sign with super jump-activated spider’s web, diamond hiding place with diamond-style elements, opening can with shovel and concrete-style pillars
- Rhino Mech features an opening cockpit, 2 stud shooters in each hand and posable joints
- Includes Sandman’s sand hammer element
- Accessory elements include Spider-Man’s iconic web slinger and a Super Jumper
- Evade the Rhino Mech’s stud shooters
- Watch out for the Sandman’s shape-shifting sand hands!
- Super-jump Spider-Man to activate the spider web trap
- Reveal the hidden diamonds with a perfectly aimed super jump!
- Construction site measures over 8” (21cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep
- Rhino Mech measures over 4” (11cm) high, 2” (6cm) long and 3”(10cm) wide
- August 2nd, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Iron Spider!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOkay, I'm going to start this review with the minifigures. Spiderman first. He's mostly the same as in other sets with the exception of the dual colored legs. Those legs make him look so much better (adds some more red. There was to much blue before) and that by itself makes the set worth getting. Sandman: He looks pretty good. He is halfway sand and halfway human and the printing, though minimal, looks great. I've read a few reviews that people complained about the re-purposed elf head. I don't really agree. The angry side of the head looks perfect. I wish Lego had made the other side grinning, though. They show him grinning in the little comic that's included and it looks really good. Changing that expression would have made him a little bit better. Overall, Sandman is a great minifigure and getting if you are a Spiderman fan. (I forgot to mention Sandman's hammer. It's a really clever little build and it adds a lot to him) Rhino: A pretty simple minifigure as far a villains go, but still cool. Again, I've heard some people complain about the repurposed head and again, I have to disagree. I think that it's a perfect head for Rhino. I know it comes on pretty much all clones, but it still looks good. Actually, it's better than good, because you can change his expression by switching that head out for one of the new frowning stormtrooper heads. Rhino's torso printing is simple, but excellent. Iron Spider: Save the best for last. Iron Spider is epic. His printing is superb, his pack is a great little build and he's just all around awesome. A five out of five star minifigure. Now, on to the builds, starting with Rhino's armor. I'm kind of biased when is comes to mechs of any sort. I love them! So of course Rhino's suit was a must have. It's very sturdy, highly poseable and looks great in the process. I especially like the mix of large and small joints and the white stud shooters. The head design is genius and it really looks like a rhino (albeit a robot rhino, but a rhino nonetheless). The technic frame that the head folds down onto gives the suit a chunky, intimidating look. The legs are a similar design to Hulkbuster's. The orangey brown brick padding inside is a nice detail. The main build: The first thing that I want to say about it is I wish Lego had made it a regular construction site with spots to add Sandman's sand pillar and hands. That way, you could use the site for Lego city or something. Also, maybe the crane could have been a tiny bit bigger with a cab for a driver. Oh well. It's still a good build with a good-sized area to play in. The super-jumper functions were good, although the crane/boulder drop one was hard to hit. I like the little hidey-hole for the stolen gems. The sticker detail is awesome, but it was a bit tough to get the ones on the road straight. The sand hands were neat builds and the crane looks good but, like I said, a cab would have been nice. FINAL VERDICT: Pros: Great minifigures Good play functions Epic Rhino suit Lots of play area Some amazing sticker detail Cons: Sand hands and pillar aren't easily removed Some stickers were hard to get right No cab on the crane. Overall a very satisfactory set, though maybe a bit pricey. I would recommend this set to any Spiderman or Marvel superheroes fans.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-up
- December 19th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0SANDMAN!!!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was excited about getting this set ever since I laid eyes on it!!! I mean, there was only one set who had the mini figure of Sandman, at least that I know of. Then comes Rhino barging in with his mechanical rhino suit. It is also unique with it's build and design, he is just awesome to the whole set!! Spider-Man also had a unique pants, with red as the bottom of the pants. Iron Spider, a new character, was also cool with the 4 limbs attached to his back and his red/gold mixture looks great! The crane is a little fragile, but then it would not be maneuverable to hit Rhino or the other things to hit. Overall, this set is great with it's uniqueness and it's playability is awesome!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrs 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-up
- June 24th, 2015Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Great figures and good funJotamo |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst up, the figures in this set are amazing. Spider-Man's costume gets a welcome update with new double-moulded boots, the Iron Spider is a fun new addition and Sandman looks accurate to the comics. Rhino's actual minifig is a bit plain, but his brick built armour make up for that. Though a big fig like Hulk's may have been more accurate to the comics and cartoons, this suit adds more posabilty and play value to the character, and is a nice nod to Rhino's (sadly wasted) appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. However, it would have been nice if Sandman and Rhino had gotten unique faces, as they re-use designs from the Hobbit Elves and Star Wars Clone Troopers. Overall, though, it's a great selection, both to enjoy on their own and to add to a collection. The set itself is pretty fun. It has great play value, and that's what really counts in a Lego set. It's made to be easy to knock down and rebuild, and the action features are great. It's made to utilise the new Super Jumper. Though collectors may wish to avoid them due to the slight damage they can cause to figures, kids can have great fun knocking down cranes and webbing up bad guys. It takes some practice, though! As a display piece, however, the set isn't as attractive as Lego's previous Marvel sets, but it is built more for play than display. Overall, it's a fantastic set for kids and minifigure collectors, but maybe not so much for people looking to display it with other models. Though the current asking price (as of June 2015) may put a few people off, it's definitely worth considering for the wealth of new figures and features it has to offer.June 29, 2015Allison Licensed Product Specialist, Consumer ServicesThank you so much for your awesome review. We always love to hear what our fans have to say. We are always looking for new ways to give the Marvel™ characters an updated look to go along with the cartoons and movie. If there is a piece that we already to go along with a new set that just has been created we will use that piece to keep not only the cost down of creating a new piece, but to keep the cost down of the set. We pass along your feedback to our design team, thank you again for your review and awesome comments.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-up
- January 26th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Sandman and Rhino Vs Spiderman and Iron SpiderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a great set to build with three stages and and two key parts, it meant you could spread the build out over a couple of days if you wanted to. The minifigures are good, especially Iron Spiders extra arms which can be moved to hold onto things. Sandmans 'sand' colour was a little off at first, but when combined with the scenery, made perfect sense and blended in. First Build - Rhino Suit; Building the Rhino exo-suit was straight forward but well thought out, keeping to the idea of it being to offer strength and intimidation rather than to be a full battle suit (like the Hulk Buster) Standing at about a 2/3 the size of hulk buster this suit was still a fair size, especially when stood next to an ordinary minifigure. the arms and legs are fully possible, and the addition of stud shooters on the hands was good, resembling the toes of actual rhino feet Second Build - Battle ground Scenery: Split into two parts, and combined later, this was also good to build and surprisingly large when assembled. with a width of about 30cm and the crane height at about 15cm there is a lot of area to play with. Again, simple to build but interesting to see it all take shape. The way this set was designed to integrate Sandmans abilities of being able to manipulate the surrounding sand element was very well done, with two large hands grabbing out at Spiderman and Iron Spider, as well as Sandmans pile set high to give him a good vantage point for attacking, all making for a great play and display set. > The only tricky part for this build was getting the stickers on just right, and there were quite a few! Overall, well worth getting, especially if you are trying to build a Lego city or town. Lot's of fun to be had with this setPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-up