Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle
Help Naida and Aira capture Ragana as they investigate the mystery and intrigue of the 3-level Magic Shadow Castle, featuring a dungeon with opening trapdoor, bedroom with 4-poster bed and secret hiding space, cauldron, tree nest for the cat, tilting bridge and a vanity room with mirrors and beauty accessories. Includes 3 mini-doll figures, plus Estari the baby Princess dragon and Jynx the evil cat.
- Build Ragana’s 3-story castle with trapdoors, a secret hiding place, the Book of Dragons and magic elements!
- Includes Ragana, Naida and Aira mini-doll figures, plus Estari the baby dragon and Jynx the cat
- LEGO Elves building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Magic Shadow Castle measures over 11" high, 14" wide and 5" deep
- 1,014 pieces – For girls and boys between the ages of 8 and 12 years old
- February 16th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The Bad and the BeautifulTFOL |I would recommend this to a friend!I had my eye on this set for a while and finally I decided to but it on my Christmas list. The set does not disappoint in any way and is a magnificent display piece when finished. I'm a male teen and I normally tend to stay away from sets with mini-dolls, but I simply couldn't resist the outstanding architecture of this evil castle. The build was very straight-forward build and is packed with details and features that kids will love to uncover and play with. My only complaint is that the figure selection seems a little small for a set of this size, but I discovered that all Elves sets come with a relatively small selection of figures. This set has officially gotten me hooked on the Elves set line for good and I plan to purchase many more in the future!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle
- October 4th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0My favourite set so far . . .I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThere is no other set in the Friends/Elves/Disney Princess themes that is quite like this castle. The outer architecture is elegantly foreboding, while the smaller features add to the evil vibe. Crystal ball for spying on enemies? Check! Secret trap door to capture victims? Check! The bridge rotates very well, not too easily, so it can still be walked upon without accidentally going overboard. The cauldron is spooktacular. It is large enough to fit quite a lot of small ingredient pieces, which is great for those wanting to make longer, more complex brews and concoctions. The row of spell jars on the shelf above add such nice detail, as do the black thorns that give the throne, bed, and landscape a sinister, spiked quality. In short, this castle has everything a villain could possibly want! Ragana is a phenomenal mini-doll, using all new pieces. I particularly like her colour scheme of pink, green, and black that is also used throughout the set. Aira and Naida have no business being at Ragana's house, but they can use the catapult at a distance, which works great. This set comes with so many other cool pieces, like an hourglass and a dragon book. Overall, Ragana's castle is my favourite set so far, and by favourite, I mean out of the entire Elves AND Friends AND Disney Princess themes. I have been collecting those three themes for many, many years and nothing satisfied my penchant for evil design like this set. Adding a villain to the Elves theme was the best thing that could have been done. It opens a whole new avenue of play/storytelling for Lego fans, and I think it is definitely worth the higher price. My one qualm about this set was the stickers. I'd prefer if they were just printed directly on the pieces, but I know that stickers minimize the cost of having to make new pieces all the time. It's just I usually put the stickers on BEFORE I place the piece on the set, but for some here, you have to put the stickers on AFTER you attach it to the set or else it can go lopsided, and some are at really awkward angles to get the stickers to align just right. Like I said though, it hardly matters. I can't really complain about the stickers when this set is so awesomely villainous! Keep it up LEGO company!Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle
- January 2nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great for Kids and AdultsI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this set for myself on a whim. I've never put together a Lego set before but was looking for a hobby for myself and something my daughter and I can do together when she gets older. I loved putting this set together! It was just challenging enough to keep me focused and all the pieces came together well. The one challenge I had was on the bars to the dungeon - they came loose after I attached the two pieces to the castle together and it was difficult to reassemble them. It's great looking visually and is a nice display piece in the play room. There are lots of great little features like the trap door, opening front door, and rotating walkway. I really appreciated the level of detail put into this set. My daughter is too young to build the set herself but she loved the finished product - it is a great piece for building imagination and leads to a lot of creative story-telling. I definitely plan to purchase more sets from this collection.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle
- August 1st, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Vibrant Colors and Beautiful CatAgatha |I would recommend this to a friend!Ragana and her cat are beautifully and vibrantly colored, as is the Magic Shadow Castle, bringing a unique set to the Elves theme. Also a nice build with many interesting pieces, making it a great set for both play and display alike. Dislike the fact that the description on this set calls the cat "evil" as no animal should be called evil, especially one that is a beloved family member of many people around the world.Was this helpful?55Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle