Ocean ExplorerOcean Explorer4.6429514.
Enjoy seafaring adventures with this LEGO® Technic Ocean Explorer set, featuring a ship with a dark-blue, red and white color scheme, plus a buildable submarine with movable arms and spinning propeller, and a buildable helicopter with spinning rotors. The ship features a large captain’s bridge with radar and funnel detailing, plus a landing pad, working crane and an opening deck hatch for access to the ship’s hull, complete with bulbous bow and two fenders. This detailed 2-in-1 set has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience and can be rebuilt to create a Push Boat and Barge.
- Build an authentically detailed LEGO Technic model of an ocean exploration ship with a captain’s bridge, landing pad, working crane, and opening deck hatch for hull access, plus a buildable helicopter and submarine!
- Includes uniquely decorated LEGO Technic 40th anniversary brick
- 2-in-1 model: Rebuild it into a Push Boat and Barge
- LEGO Technic building toys are compatible with other LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Ship with crane boom extended to the side is over 7” high, 22” long, and 9” wide, and over 7” high and 4” wide with crane boom retracted. Submarine is over 2” high, 5” long, and 2” wide. Helicopter is over 2” high, 5” long, and 4” wide. Push Boat is over 6” high, 9” long, and 5” wide. Barge is over 3” high, 15” long, and 5” wide.
- 1327 pieces – For boys and girls between the ages of 10 and 16 years old
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- December 15th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The Blue Planet IIDrSmith | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this as it reminded me of a research vessel I worked on back in 2007 called RRS Discovery. The model itself is really impressive, and big, once it is completed. I spent about three days on it, building after work. It is a challenging build, which I like, and its great to see the scale of the ship increase, as you add the fore and aft sections of the hull and finally the bridge. The designers have a done a neat job with the rear rudder and on-board crane, and the way this moves by turning the small screws on the roof. The little helicopter is great fun as is the submarine, especially the moving propellers and sub sampling arms. My only gripe is the heli-deck; it's far too big and high for this type of vessel; usually it would be on the rear. I therefore modified my model to lower the heli-deck, and put in a replica rear sub-launch derrick on the back. I also added seats in the submarine and helicopter to make them more realistic. I've added photos... This is superb value at this price point. Recommended!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Explorer
- March 30th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Love itKhemono | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!My parents got me this set as a christmas present and it was love at first sight. I really enjoyed building it, started right away and was busy till 4 am. The little helicopter and submarine are kind of cute and I think you can actually fit a mini figure inside the cockpits. Haven't tried it yet but definitely will. The only negative is the heights of the helicopter platform. It is too big and doesn't really match the other parts of the ship but that is just a minor thing. I definitely would recommend it, I had a great time building it and will display it somewhere in my flat to remind my of its awesomeness!! Good job there LEGO!!!Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Ocean Explorer
- March 30th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent BuildJoeluc | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was looking for something a bit more challenging and larger after my last build, and I picked the right one. The helicopter and submarine are a good way to start before you get down to building the Ocean Explorer. The ship to start with us very straight forward but once you get half way through the build it gets slightly less straight forward and if you don't concentrate you miss a part with regards to the crane. The shop is a great size and has made a great addition to my collection. I definitely would highly recommend the Ocean Explorer. I would like to build the barge but I don't think I could dismantle what I gave already done. Well worth trying to build.Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Explorer
- March 30th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great fun to buildDoNotBeOnFire | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfHaving finished the Bucket Wheel Excavator I was after something easier to build and Ocean Explorer ticked the boxes. The small submersible and helicopter you build are clever for their size. The main build was straightforward but a little light on what I would call "Technic" functions. Even so the crane operation works well and the movement when the whole ship is pushed across a surface looks great and steers realistically which is excellent. I slightly modified the kit by making some new name labels for fun.Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Ocean Explorer