Enjoy adventures on the high seas with the Ocean Explorer set, featuring a ship with a dark-blue, red, white and gray color scheme, movable crane boom, navigation lights, radar, antennas, funnel and a yellow robotic submarine. This 3-in-1 LEGO® Creator model can be rebuilt to create a cargo plane or a large submarine, or combined with other small-scale LEGO Creator vehicles for endless play scenarios.
- Features a ship with a movable crane boom, large captain's bridge, navigation lights, radar, antennas, funnel and a yellow submarine with movable arms.
- Boat features an iconic dark-blue, red, white and gray color scheme.
- Submarine features a yellow, gray and black color scheme.
- Turn the crane and lower the submarine into the sea!
- Move the submarine's robotic arms to collect samples from the seabed.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 7-12.
- Includesmore than 210 LEGO® bricks.
- 3-in-1 model: rebuilds into a cargo plane or a large submarine.
- Ocean Explorer measures over 3” (10cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Submarine measures over 1” (3cm) long and under 1” (1cm) high and 1” (1cm) wide.
- Cargo plane measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- Large submarine measures over 3” (8cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Combine with the 31040, 31041 and 31043 mini-vehicle sets for extended play.
- October 14th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Interesting miniature research vessel setI would recommend this to a friend!A fun and relatively simple build resulting in a satisfying final model. I do not know a lot about price per piece etc but I was extremely pleased with the value this set offered me. The three instructed builds offer detailed and complete looking models. The ship is the standout option and uses all the supplied bricks (duplicates/spares aside). The larger sub is also a strong model though the aircraft looks a little disjointed to me based solely on the colour combination. I had spare red and green round transparent studs so replaced the same style solid grey studs at the stern with these. I then added those same grey studs to the existing ones either side of the bow to hide a little more of the red brick peeking out behind. The binocular piece used as the horn did not sit very firmly on top of the tapered grey mounting so I used a spare grey stud to attach them to the grey 2x2 plate below the bridge. Then, using some more spares consisting of a clear round stud, a small forked piece and a hairdryer type piece I fashioned a searchlight to go in place of the horn on the roof.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Explorer
- December 24th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great fun and great partsjtooker |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe set is great alone and all the moving and interacting parts between the crane and the sub are great. The techniques used are wonderful for this level of set. As an AFOL, the pieces in this set are wonderful: in color and utility. Dark blues are always welcome in any collection - bricks, bows and slopes. Plenty of SNOT in light bley, white and red. A good amount of plates as well as a few tiles. Our LUG plans on drafting this in a few months. I would recommend this set to anyone and I plan on buying more copies just for the pieces!Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Explorer
- December 27th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Nice brick-built hullI would recommend this to a friend!Ships are one of my favorite subjects to build, and I got this to pick up some ideas from its unique brick-built hull. The hull incorporates some interesting, more advanced building methods to achieve its pointed keel. I hope to use the same basic technique to built a whole fleet of similarly scaled ships! A very fun build for the price. Also looking forward to rebuilding it into the sea plane.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Explorer
- December 2nd, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A lot of detail for it's sizePiQie |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was really looking forward to building this set, as I am in the offshore technology myself. I really liked the building, and am charmed by the little details of the ship. The ship has the same characteristic look as a lot of the supplier vessels I have seen.Build Time: 45 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Ocean Explorer