Fun and adventure is on the horizon with the mighty LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Ship (60266). This super-long ship not only floats on water, it has everything kids need for endless ocean exploration. There’s a shark cage, working crane, research submarine, helicopter and even a pirate shipwreck with hidden treasure! And with 8 explorer minifigures, including LEGO City TV character Harl Hubbs, the scene is set for action-packed escapades.
Great building set for kids
This toy playset includes simple building instructions and Instructions PLUS – part of the free LEGO Building Instructions app for smartphones and tablets. This interactive building guide, with amazing zoom and rotate viewing tools, quickly helps budding LEGO builders become master builders.
Cool construction sets for kids
LEGO City is proud to support the work of National Geographic Explorers. And with feature-rich buildings, realistic vehicles and fun characters, our Ocean playsets deliver an exciting, open-endedworld of undersea exploration and adventure for budding explorers.
- This multi-model LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Ship (60266) playset is a perfect gift for little explorers and has all kids need for a fun and rewarding play experience.
- What’s In the box? A floating toy exploration ship with working crane, shark cage, dinghy, submarine and helicopter, 8 minifigures, including the LEGO® City TV character Harl Hubbs, plus shark and stingray figures.
- Kids can use the floating toy ship's crane to lower the sub and shark cage, pilot the helicopter and sub, explore the treasure-filled shipwreck or take the play inside the captain’s bridge with sleeping and research areas.
- Looking for cool toys for kids aged 5 and up? This building set makes a great Christmas, birthday or any-other-day gift for kids with a passion for ocean exploration and for fans of the LEGO® City Adventures TV series.
- When built, the toy exploration ship measures over 7" (18cm) high, 24" (63cm) long and 6" (17cm) wide, while the pirate shipwreck measures over 6" (16cm) high,5" (13cm) long and 3" (8cm) wide.
- No batteries required. This exciting multi-model playset, including a toy boat that floats, is powered by little kids with big imaginations!
- This construction set comes with a simple printed building guide and Instructions PLUS – an interactive building guide for budding builders. Available as part of the free LEGO® Building Instructions app for smart devices.
- LEGO® City is proud to support the groundbreaking work of National Geographic Explorers, who help build a better world for us all. LEGO City Ocean playsets introduce kids to the exciting world of underwater exploration.
- LEGO® City Ocean building sets are designed to the highest industry standards and criteria. This ensures that the LEGO bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- All LEGO® City bricks and pieces are tested to the extreme to create toy building sets that meet the highest global safety and quality standards.
- October 25th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Sea LifeI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI do have a love/hate relationship with this kit. I understand that one of the big selling points of this ship is the fact that it floats. However, this means that the base comes in to complete moulded pieces which allows for the lightness and air gaps needed for it to actually function on water. Whilst I appluad this from a playability point of view, from a building point of view it felt like I was cheating somehow. That said, all the little details and extra bits and bobs really elevate this set - I really loved the shipwreck piece. The ship itself has working cranes and raising and lowering the shark cage is more fun that a 50 year old should admit to having. Throw in a detailed ships bridge and crew quarters and there are lots of options for little fingers to play with this unit on dry land or the bathtub. Not only do you get standard mini figures with this set - including some divers - but you get some pre-moulded sea creatures. The shark is nice but my favourite is the stingray. The build was fun but I would love to see a non-floating version where I can build from the hull up. Number Of Pieces: 745 Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.17 Build Time: 2.5 HoursPlay Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Ship
- September 18th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Loved it!I would recommend this to a friend!My son loves it...like obsessed! The ship itself comes in 2 pieces, you snap together and you continue to build on top. The length is 24 in. It actually floats! We had lots of fun assembling all the additional parts. We love the variety in this box: the submarine, the diver, the helicopter, and even a shark & manta ray! I also appreciate that the crew was a good mix of men and women. The detail is incredible, with a keyboard, and even mugs used to drink for the crew. I love that the crane on top can rotate. The parts are easily removable and many compartments make it fun for much longer than expected. So much fun, even for me!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Ship
- October 15th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazing!I would recommend this to a friend!This Lego Ocean Exploration Ship is amazing! First of all, it's very fun and perfect for ages 7+. This ship is very easy to assemble. The directions are very easy to follow. My 8 year old son had a lot of fun putting this together and playing with afterwards. There's so many cool details. It actually didn't take long to build, literally took an hour to do it. I really love this set.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Ship
- June 13th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0If your have a bathtub at home...Icebeam |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Friend or Family Member's ChildFun Lego to make Me and my wife try to collect ship Lego and this actually was our first one. Compared with pirate ship or other Lego ship series it was not so hard to make or detailed which could be a good thing in some ways. But there was extra little bits such as submarine and helicopters and etc which made the build for exciting. After the build me, wife and kids all went inside the bathtub and see how it was flowing. Huge sized Lego ship floats inside our tub and kids just loved it so much. Highly recommend!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 40 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Ship