Kids who love the sea and its wildlife will love this LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Base (60265) playset. There’s lots of fun to be had exploring the coral-covered ocean or chilling out inside the base with its interchangeable living and research modules. And with a cool toy crane, docking submarine and underwater drone, plus shark and stingray figures and a 5 strong team of explorer minifigures, there's plenty of excitement for kids to discover!
An immersive building experience
You'll find easy to follow building instructions for this 5+ LEGO® City toy in the box. Or you hop online and download Instructions PLUS, part of the LEGO Building Instructions app for smartphones and tablets. This interactive building guide, with amazing zoom and rotate viewing tools, quickly turns budding LEGO builders into master builders!
Cool exploration toy for kids
LEGO City is proud to support the work of National Geographic Explorers. And with feature-rich buildings, cool vehicles and fun characters our Ocean playsets inspire realistic play scenarios for budding explorers.
- Kids can dive deep into imaginative underwater adventures with this amazing LEGO® City (60265) Ocean Exploration Base playset. It has all kids need for a fun and rewarding play experience.
- What’s In the box? A toy ocean exploration base with interchangeable living and research modules, plus a docking submarine, underwater drone, 5 researcher minifigures and shark and stingray figures.
- The LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Base features interchangeable living and research modules and a docking submarine with movable inspection arms, spinning propeller and opening cockpit with room for two minifigures.
- Looking for cool toys for kids aged 5+? This playset makes a great Christmas, birthday or any-other-day present for LEGO® City fans and kids who love to role-play. Requires only very basic building skills.
- When built, the exploration base measures over 7” (20cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 5” (15cm) deep, while the underwater drone measures over 1" (3cm) high, 2" (6cm) long and 1" (3cm) wide.
- Does it need batteries? No, this construction set is powered by small kids with big imaginations – simply open the bags of LEGO® bricks and the play can start right away!
- This building set comes with a printed building guide and Instructions PLUS – an interactive construction guide for budding builders. Available as part of the free LEGO® Building Instructions app for smart devices.
- LEGO® City is proud to support the groundbreaking work of National Geographic Explorers, who help build a better world for us all. LEGO City Ocean playsets introduce kids to the exciting world of underwater exploration.
- Every LEGO® City Ocean playset is designed to the highest industry standards and criteria. This ensures that the LEGO bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure every kid's building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- October 25th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The AbyssI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst off, this little set really reminded me of the James Cameron Film The Abyss and as it is one of my all time favourite films the chance to build my own deep sea base was a no brainer. Each of the three habitat pods seperates off from the base so you could, theoretically, use them as vehicles or simply place them how and where you want. Personally I've kept mine on the base as I liek the cohesive look. Works well for display with the included research sub and the other sub kits in the City range. Loved the little diving mini figures, even if the fins mean they don't stand on a stud base but they do sit so mine are being lazy and sitting down on the display. Fun build and some interesting techniques and large moulded pieces that give a clean finish. Number Of Pieces: 497 Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.11 Build Time: 1.5 HoursPlay Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 1st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0I would recommend this to a friend!My kids really enjoyed building the Ocean Exploration Base. It was challenging, which we knew from the description on the box, but the instructions are crystal clear so we had zero worry. Loved that it had so many different projects within it, the submarine being our favorite. This made the finished product even more satisfying. My kids have spent many hours playing with this LEGO set and the creative possibilities are endless! Great investment!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 12th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0I would recommend this to a friend!My son put this together right away when it came. He was so focused on getting all put together. There were some challenging parts for him — he is only 6 years old, but in general the pictures allowed him to easily put it together himself which he likes to do. He really does enjoy playing with it even after it is put together which is not always the case with other Legos he has put together. He likes how it can come apart into separate little underwater vehicles. He likes the colorful gems as well.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Was this helpful?45Ocean Exploration Base
- September 10th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Family Fun!jayzay83 |I would recommend this to a friend!I don't know who was more excited when they saw this set, my kids or my husband. I actually had to take it away from my husband to keep him from building it without our kids. I loved watching build this together. Great family fun that lasted 3 days. My son kept wanting to take it apart and put it back together. I am definitely going to be buying.more sets for Christmas this year! Thanks Lego for a terrific product that brings my family together!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base