- Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
Begin the ultimate battle between good and evil with LEGO® BIONICLE® Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder! Join forces with Ekimu, the wise Mask Maker, to prevent Skull Grinder from taking the powerful Mask of Creation. Activate the battle arm functions and let combat commence! Evade the Mask Stealer Staff as the evil Lord of the Skulls tries to knock off Mask Maker’s special Protector Mask. Defend with the rotating saw shield and attack with the Hammer of Power’s rapid shooter. You must use all of the Mask Maker’s magical skills to triumph over this evil foe!
- Skull Grinder features a Skull mask with mask pop-off trigger, shell with cool metallic-effect chest decoration, 2-arm battle function, Mask Stealer Staff with 3 axe blades, hook blade, silver-colored bones, translucent rib cage and posable joints
- Mask Maker features a special Protector Mask with mask pop-off trigger, cool metallic-effect chest decoration, battle arm function, Hammer of Power with rapid shooter, rotating saw shield, silver-colored bones and posable joints
- Also includes the Mask of Creation
- Activate the battle arm functions
- Attack with Skull Grinder’s Mask Stealer Staff
- Fire the Hammer of Power’s rapid shooter
- Fight to protect the Mask of Creation
- Durable design for intense action battles
- Skull Grinder stands 8” (21cm) tall
- Mask Maker stands 5” (14cm) tall
- Combine with 70794 Skull Scorpio to create a powered-up Skull Grinder using building instructions available online at LEGO.com/BIONICLE/bi
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- November 21st, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great set! In my opinion, best of the year.Radicool21 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!As a preface, I've been a fan of Bionicle since the old days of 2001, with Takua, Jaller, all those guys. (TLG, if you're reading, I love the little nods to G1 in the videos, such as the Mask of Time and Kopaka's remark about Lewa not being the Master of Air. Rest assured, I'm formulating plenty of ideas about G2, and who everyone really is.) That said, when I heard that the new Bionicle line would be a reboot, not a continuation, my hopes dropped a little, and I didn't come to expect much of the sets... This, however, was the first G2 set I bought, and I was completely blown away. THE BUILD: While the build itself is nothing particularly amazing or hard (cough cough Kardas, Skirmix, Axonn from G1) it was just thoroughly enjoyable. It was a welcome departure from the monotony of the last few years with the Inika, Mahri, Mistika, and Phantoka. The functions are just great, serving as a nod to the Toa Metru's arm-swinging, while the new CCBS building system allows the arms to actually stay in their positions. Very enjoyable build altogether, both for Kulta the Skull Grinder and Ekimu. THE PIECES: While the pieces overall are great, here are a few of my favorites: -Ekimu's Protector mask: The gold and the blue meld together perfectly for a rather visually appealing mask. -Ekimu's shoulder armor: Provides nice, rounded bulk in general. -Ekimu's hammer-launcher: Aagh I love this thing. So nice and compact. The only downside is how easily the ammo gets lost. -Kulta's axe blades: These are wicked-looking weapons, perfect for mask stealing. I could see these being used for a MOC of last-gen Toa Nidhiki's scythe. -Kulta's bone joints and translucent rib-cage armor: These only serve to underscore the skeleton motif. Great detail. -Kulta's skull mask: Goshdarn this thing looks amazing. Stuck in a twisted grin and eerily similar to a real-life skeleton, this mask just oozes evil. And last but not least... -The Mask of Creation. I absolutely ADORE this thing. The detail put into it is just stunning. There are runes adorned all over it (a new Matoran language?) and the angular eyes make whoever's wearing it have an air of lordship and dominion. Amazing piece. If you can't buy the whole set, just find some way to get the Mask of Creation. CONS: I'm only including cons here because the pros list would stretch on for ages. The few cons I found were: -Ekimu's kinda dinky-looking, for the "legendary mask maker" I was hoping for something bigger and better. (From what I've heard though, there's a summer set coming up entitled "Ekimu the Mask Maker"... we can hope. -Kulta's weapon is kinda heavy, so it tends to fall down -I would've preferred more friction joints -Kulta tends to fall over Yeah, that's about it. It's an excellent set, and I'm looking forward to the coming years of Bionicle!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 17 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
- December 18th, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Awsome SetRazor115 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Self$29.99 needs to change a little bit down. But it is worth to get with 2 guys and a mask that is a collector edition. Weapon for the skull grinder is to heavy, hammer gun was a great idea. Functions are a good idea to bring back from 2001 sets. Glad you guys decided to bring them back, these are all great sets, but don't have. Kopaka and Skull Basher are also a great set as well. This is the set that you might want to get.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 7 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
- September 29th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Skull grinder Vs Mask MakerFredsLegos | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAwesome set overall,has alot of play values that follows the story of bionicle Example fighting for the mask of creation Etc.Skull grinder's arm streanght is a bit weak but look at the huge weapon ! Ekimu has an awesome hammer and even has gear function.Over all I had alot of fun with this set.A nice display piece too.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 25 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
- August 28th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The Mask of CreationNeptune412 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhen I first found out about this set, I knew I wanted to buy it the day it came out and I was very excited. The set had more than I thought and included a podium for the mask of creation. Kulta, the scull grinder, was actually a really cool figure. I thought since there were no armor on part of the limbs that it would look bad, but it doesn't!! The mask maker looks really cool with all golden/trans blue armor and limbs. the stud shooter/hammer and the saw/shield are a great addition.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder