- Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
Begin the ultimate battle between good and evil with LEGO® BIONICLE® Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder! Join forces with Ekimu, the wise Mask Maker, to prevent Skull Grinder from taking the powerful Mask of Creation. Activate the battle arm functions and let combat commence! Evade the Mask Stealer Staff as the evil Lord of the Skulls tries to knock off Mask Maker’s special Protector Mask. Defend with the rotating saw shield and attack with the Hammer of Power’s rapid shooter. You must use all of the Mask Maker’s magical skills to triumph over this evil foe!
- Skull Grinder features a Skull mask with mask pop-off trigger, shell with cool metallic-effect chest decoration, 2-arm battle function, Mask Stealer Staff with 3 axe blades, hook blade, silver-colored bones, translucent rib cage and posable joints
- Mask Maker features a special Protector Mask with mask pop-off trigger, cool metallic-effect chest decoration, battle arm function, Hammer of Power with rapid shooter, rotating saw shield, silver-colored bones and posable joints
- Also includes the Mask of Creation
- Activate the battle arm functions
- Attack with Skull Grinder’s Mask Stealer Staff
- Fire the Hammer of Power’s rapid shooter
- Fight to protect the Mask of Creation
- Durable design for intense action battles
- Skull Grinder stands 8” (21cm) tall
- Mask Maker stands 5” (14cm) tall
- Combine with 70794 Skull Scorpio to create a powered-up Skull Grinder using building instructions available online at LEGO.com/BIONICLE/bi
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- July 31st, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Best Bionicle 2015 Set Yet!Rifdorf | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI just went to the Lego store and bought this set. It seems a bit expensive at first, but it is basically a protector (10$) and a XL figure (20$) combined into one set, plus the mask of creation, so the price is pretty good. The Skull Grinder looks really cool, and all the trans orange pieces are nice, but his thighs and wrists look like the need more armor. Also, even though he has an extra piece to extend his neck, his mask is very close to his chest plate, and I feel like he could use a longer neck. His staff is also rather bulky, and the arm swing function is a bit awkward because of that. Ekimu is very nice. Even though he is protector size, he has a gearbox, although it doesn't work well since there are three small gears on one arm, and they add so much strength to that arm that the gears don't turn easily, but looks very powerful for such a small figure. He is very well armored, although his shield doesn't match his appearance very well. He has a lot of trans blue which is nice, as well as a hammer that is also a stud shooter, which was a great idea. I was surprised that Ekimu turned out to be my favorite of the two. The Mask of Creation is very detailed, with a lot of ancient runes on it. Ekimu definitely looks a lot better wearing the Mask of Creation as opposed to his protector mask. This is definitely the best Bionclee set of 2015 so farPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
- July 18th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Ekimu the Mask Maker VS. Kulta the Skull GrinderDuffer1010 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIts the Final Battle for The mask of Creation. Since There are three things to go over i will do it in sections, First off Kulta The Skull Grinder. the main baddie for this wave and reboot. He uses the mask of creation to raise his undead army of skeletons. his horns are really nice, and not to big. the gearbox is simple, but the arm strength is not good at all, you can fix this by adding a few extra gears. the trans red looks great, although there is no corrupted mask of fire, tahu still fights kulta. Kulta also has a small blade, and a large mask-stealer staff. it doesn't hold masks well, but it works. his chest pattern is good, but not the best. his torso is a little hollow, but not noticeable enough to make it bad. overall the skull grinder is my favorite villain overall, he is, along with ekimu Definatley #1 on my favorites list. Ekimu the Mask Maker: this guy is pretty small, but they still but in a gearbox, for a small size. the trans-blue looks great along with gold. the armor looks fantastic, along with the protector mask. his shield looks great, and very detailed. his hammer i love. its a hammer and a stud shooter at the same time.his gearbox is simple but for a protector its good enough. only thing i dont like is the trans yellow head piece, why not trans blue? The mask of creation is greatly detailed with engravings, and design. the final result is great. i'am really speechless about this mask. one of the many reasons ii got this set . the stand is pretty weak for the mask but i made a new one that looks better, and more like a mask stand. Overall this set is great definatley a must-buy for every bionicle fan out there. Having the all-important ekimu, the Main villian for the wave and reboot, and the mask of creation. definatley one of the best bionicle sets, and i think this is a great set for summer.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
- October 24th, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Skull Grinder Vs Ekimu..uh I mean "Mask Maker"ToaLarich | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was very pleased to finally have a villain that seemed much more of a serious threat then the Lord of Skulls. Not only does Skull Grinder (Kulta) have an army but deadly underlings as well as the all powerful Mask of Creation. In the case of Skull Grinder I really like he is Toa sized (if not ever so slightly taller) and even his weapon is HUGE and menacing overall it's a really great build, good color scheme and new interesting pieces. However there was a tad little complaint, the weapon on him the Mask Grabber is basically so heavy he cannot hold it up on his own, this isn't a huge issue as there is a quick fix to this by simply adding another gear for friction there. Hopefully the LEGO development team can take this into account the next time someone wields a large unwieldy weapon as it should be fairly easy to add on. If not it's no big deal at all > Ekimu is basically another Protector I don't really have much to say but it is a nice figure. It's got a well balanced color scheme and the hammer and shield work well with the figure. Also points for adding an the neat gear based slashing/blocking action to him I like that. Overall this set is really well done and despite the issue with Skull Grinder's Mask Grabber it's still a fantastic set!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 40 minsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder
- October 22nd, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Ekimu,Skull Grinder, and the GearboxChima4Life999 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAh the long awated set. but how does it stack up? Lets find out. Pros: Ekimu: Protector build Gear box!( a beutiful example of pushing the gear box to its limits and still working!) Hammer gun Shield Two masks Mask of creation: Detail Iconic Gold Neat little stand Skull grinder: Weapons Color scheme New bone piece Horns Mask New shell Back armor Cons: Ekimu: Balanceing No back armor Mask of creation: May be too detailed for some Stand could of been built better, mabye use a head on a ball peice still ont the rod and round peice Skull grinder(Oh Boy) The gear box!!!!!!!! Lego, you coud of just added two more gears to each side and it would be much better. Weapon is too heavy Balanceing Horns like to pop off Over all, thru all my complaints i like this set. my biggest qualm is with Skull grinder's gear box. again, easy fix that would only be 8 more peices. But this is a must have, i can definetly reccomend it.October 30, 2015Jordan - Core Product Specialist, Consumer ServicesThank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It will be passed on to the designers. I do have great news for you though. Our designers have reworked the stand for the Mask of Creation and our advisors in LEGO Consumer Services will be able to send you the additional elements and building instruction PDF to fix this small issue. I hope you give Consumer Services a call or send them an email to get this corrected.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder