- Kopaka and Melum - Unity set
Item 1 of 7
Item 1 of 7
Kopaka and Melum - Unity set
This action-packed play set includes buildable Kopaka Uniter of Ice and Melum Creature of Ice, which attach to each other using the unity piece. Discover the power of uniting creatures with Toa in the amazing world of LEGO® BIONICLE®!
- Kopaka Uniter of Ice features a BIONICLE® head with mask pop-off trigger, Unity Mask of Ice, armor chest piece with unique rune decorations, elemental armor of ice, unity piece to attach spirit creature and posable joints.
- Weapons include elemental blade of ice.
- Accessory elements include Golden Unity Mask of Ice.
- Also includes Melum Creature of Ice, featuring a mask.
- Attach Melum Creature of Ice to create powerful armor with one simple click, using the unity piece.
- Sturdy design for intense action play.
- Stands over 8” (22cm) tall.
- Switch with other creatures in the 2016 LEGO® BIONICLE® series to create new combinations of battle powers.
- Go to LEGO.com/BIONICLE for building instructions, games, animations and more. Ask your parents' or guardians' permission before going online.
83% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- January 12th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Deep FreezeFrolaire |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst off the fact that you get both Kopaka and Melum is nice. Overall the set is absolutely wonderful. The build for Kopaka is very nice with a great blend of Technic and CCBS building techniques. The gear function for Melum (and all the other creatures for that matter as well) is really nice. The colors on both are great. My only complaint is the lack of a full shield for Kopaka, a shadow trap as included with all the other creatures, and the blue on his forearms, however these really aren't that big complaints. The combination of Kopaka and Melum looks nice and reminds me of last year's Kopaka. I highly recommend this set to Bionicle fans as it has a Toa and a creature allowing one to experience both of the different builds.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 40 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Kopaka and Melum - Unity set
- January 3rd, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A Sturdy, Enjoyable, Durable Action FigureI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe product is quite sturdy, and plays well. The play functions, as well as the "Unity" function with the creature adds to the playability of the set. The gearbox set in the waist allows for not only waist articulation, but an attack function. With the new CCBS torso piece, it also adds customization features, such as reusing the gearbox from 2015 Kopaka. The set alone however, is enough to play with, and is a great set. The creature set, Melum, is also great to play with. The creature has a gearbox function as well, giving him the ability to make a clapping or hugging motion. The colors of Melum also compliment Kopaka well when combined. I recommend this set to anyone looking for good value and 2 great sets.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 25 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Kopaka and Melum - Unity set
- April 24th, 2016Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0The mixed bagI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfKopaka and Mellum - Unity Set is a good set to start with because it comes with pretty much everything form buying a Toa and a Creature separate. It only lacks a Shadow Trap, but are easy to make as long as you have the pieces and are seen with Umarak at the right of the box. Mellum is slightly disappointing as he is very similar to Terak - The Creature of Earth, with only a different direction of arm movements and leg length separating them. Instead of being able to claw downwards, Mellum just sits there clapping. Just like Mr Clappy - Axe, Skull Basher Kopaka doesn't feel like a £15 Toa, more like a £12 or £13 Toa. He lacks the gold that his 2015 counterpart had too much of. The dark blue armor shells are a welcome, as they are new in that color. The arm build is very unique and isn't on any other set, other than a slight reorientation on Pohatu - Uniter of Stone. His weapons, an Ice Blade and a rapid fire Ice Launcher with a small shield attached to it, are okay. The sword is nice and has a cool hilt. The shield - gun is okay, I loathe the stickers, but love the six stud launcher. His regular mask looks the best with the silver melding and the details on the forehead are a nice touch. The mask is also able to have a stud connecting to it, which adds some options for customization. And the golden mask is beautiful and fits Kopaka greatly. The unity feature fixes a few problems, but also creates some. One, more gold gets added, thanks to Mellum. Two, Kopaka gains a nice amount of bulk from uniting. Three, They work well and don't clash, but instead combine to make a cool combo. The problem is that Mellum's function (when combined) is rendered useless. And hinders arm movement. All sets have flaws, but this one is alright. And the flaws this one has are nothing compared to Pohatu and Ketar (both sold separately). A mixed bag, but still great. If you are planning to get this set, just get Tahu and Ikir.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Kopaka and Melum - Unity set
- February 11th, 2016Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0One of the weaker setsI found some of these sets in toys r' us. I picked up Onua, Lewa, Kopaka, and Pohatu. Kopaka (and Melum) was one of my choices because he was always my favorite toa. Since this contains two different figures I will review them separately. Melum is the creature that came with this set, I think he's supposed to be some kind of mole. Anyway Melum is alright, his gear function works well, the "hugging" action is quite amusing too. Melum's biggest problem is the fact that his legs are so short that it limits his pose options. Other than than Melum looks okay. Kopaka however is a different story. I'll start with the positives: Kopaka's mask looks great, I like how you have the option to change the eye piece in his telescope eye. Also his weapons, despite being an odd choice for Kopaka, look cool. The waist function also works well, having enough friction to stay in place unless you want to move it. However that's where the positives end, Kopaka first off, looks weird, being a odd mix of cyan, gold, silver, dark blue, and occasional green, the gold mask helps balance things out a bit, but it isn't enough to make the set look coherent. I'm guessing they wanted you to combine him with Melum, however the set should be able to have some coherency on it's own. Kopaka also has a problem with his shoulders, where they are constructed in a way that limits posing. Lewa had a similar problem however his was negated by the fact that his arms could still have some unique poses. With Kopaka moving the arms inward and outward is next to impossible, meaning unique poses are out of the question. Overall I can't say I recommend this set, it's not the worst set of this wave, but I think there are better. Melum is nice, but he's not enough to redeem the set.February 16, 2016Jordan - Core Product Specialist, Consumer ServicesThank you for your feedback. It is important for every Toa to be well represented and it is too bad that you felt limited by his shoulders. The designers on the BIONICLE team definitely understand there are many different types of builders and want to make sure every perspective is considered prior to finalizing a set. Having a Toa that can maintain many unique poses is vital to a successful model and hopefully you will still find some great way you can present Kopaka. I am glad to see that the Creature upgrade is something you have enjoyed and something that has enhanced your overall experience. It truly is amazing what the designers are able to do with just a handful of unique elements.Play Experience1.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 9 minsWas this helpful?35Kopaka and Melum - Unity set