Horizon ExpressCreator 3-in-1
Fly down the track in the Horizon Express! Collect this highly detailed LEGO® interpretation of a modern, high-speed electric passenger train! The detailed body features black train windows, brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, printed windscreen and brick-built doors. Remove the roof to play inside 2 detailed passenger cars! Steer from the front engine car with, a control panel and brick-built electrical box! Then take to the tracks in luxury with the first-class car’s seats, luggage, newspapers, computer screen and even a bathroom with sliding door! The rear car features a bar with hinged counter, tables for the passengers with seats, a coffee machine, cups and bottles. For the ultimate high-speed experience, attach a second Horizon Express model, or motorize it by adding LEGO Power Functions! Hard-to-find elements include orange LEGO bricks (including 6x28 chassis plate) and printed tiles. Includes 6 minifigures: train engineer, train steward, and 4 passengers.
- Includes 6 minifigures: female train engineer, male train steward, 2 female passengers and 2 male passengers
- Features 3 train cars, detailed engine room, printed windscreen, black train windows, brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, seats, a bathroom with sliding door, bar with hinged counter and tables with seats
- Accessories include luggage, newspapers, computer screen, coffee machine, cups and bottles
- Discover sideways building techniques!
- Ride the rails in high-speed LEGO® style!
- Upgrade your model by adding LEGO Power Functions 8878 Rechargeable Battery Box, 8887 Transformer 10V DC, 8884 IR Receiver, 8879 IR Speed Remote Control, 88002 Train Motor and 8870 Lights
- Train measures 31" (79 cm) long
- To make a complete train track layout, you can purchase tracks through the Official LEGO Shop. Here is what you'll need: 8867 Flexible Train Track (1), 7499 Flexible and Straight Track (4), 7895 Switching Tracks (4)
- December 28th, 2012Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0AwesomeI would recommend this to a friend!When I first saw this set on Lego.com, I immediately wanted it. I saved up my holiday money and purchased it the morning it came out. My brother purchased one, too, and we built ours together. The finished project is awesome. We put ours back-to-back to create a 5-foot-long train. That's longer than I am tall! Check out my photos if you so desire. The only thing I can criticize is the drawers on the drinks table keep falling out. By the way, either it coincidentally looks exactly like the TGV in France, or it was designed based on it and that wasn't communicated to us.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Horizon Express
- January 4th, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Very Nice, Sleek TrainI would recommend this to a friend!This is one of the best trains Lego has released. It really stands out with its size and bright color. What I really like about it that it actually looks like it can go over 100 mp/h unlike the more intercity Red Train. I also like all the detail that went into the trains such as covering the hole on the inside of the cars and the double wheel base (which I LOVE)! Pros. Big and stays together very good Double car, wheels? Runs good with Power Functions Stays on the track Bright and Sleek Lots of Detail New Building techniques Con. ~~VERY MINOR~~ Have to lift the roof to turn the train off but, I'm sure it would be easy to add a button on the outside.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Horizon Express
- January 8th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fantastic trainI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI'm relatively new to Lego, but have always been interested in trains. When I saw the Horizon Express kit I knew I had to have one (or two) and went out searching for it. I did struggle to locate the set due to it being a "hard to find" item, but eventually I managed to find not one, but two of the last remaining sets in the UK. The detail in this train is fantastic, it really does look like a replica of the popular French train which I imagine it is based on. Pros - Looks fantastic, great details. The interiors of the carriages are great and add good play value to the product. Cons - To really get the most of the set you will need to buy two kits, track and 2 motors/power functions accessories. I would like to have seen at least a few sections of track included to display the model on. Being a creator kit, the build is more challenging than the city trains, which is great. However, you do also have to be careful handling them - the two carriages fell apart in my girlfriend's hands the other day!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Horizon Express
- June 13th, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Nice TrainOnkel |I would recommend this to a friend!I bought this train for my 5 year old son. We built it together. I searched for the parts, and he assembled everything except for a few difficult parts. The LEGO designer has done a great job with this train. It is very detailed and it has some new and exiting building techniques. The train has great resemblance with the original TGV train. We motorized the train with one engine, and found that the traction was not good enough to reach top speed. It was also unable to run with more than the 3 original cars. In order to fix this problem we put in an extra motor in the locomotive. With to motors the we have to run it slower in the corners in order to say on the track. Pros: Detailed train. Can easily be fitted with to motors for top speed. Cons: Need to buy two sets to get the full train. Needs to motors, but you have to figure out how to fit the second motor yourself.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Horizon Express