Fly down the track in the Horizon Express! Collect this highly detailed LEGO® interpretation of a modern, high-speed electric passenger train! The detailed body features black train windows, brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, printed windscreen and brick-built doors. Remove the roof to play inside 2 detailed passenger cars! Steer from the front engine car with, a control panel and brick-built electrical box! Then take to the tracks in luxury with the first-class car’s seats, luggage, newspapers, computer screen and even a bathroom with sliding door! The rear car features a bar with hinged counter, tables for the passengers with seats, a coffee machine, cups and bottles. For the ultimate high-speed experience, attach a second Horizon Express model, or motorize it by adding LEGO Power Functions! Hard-to-find elements include orange LEGO bricks (including 6x28 chassis plate) and printed tiles. Includes 6 minifigures: train engineer, train steward, and 4 passengers.
- Includes 6 minifigures: female train engineer, male train steward, 2 female passengers and 2 male passengers
- Features 3 train cars, detailed engine room, printed windscreen, black train windows, brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, seats, a bathroom with sliding door, bar with hinged counter and tables with seats
- Accessories include luggage, newspapers, computer screen, coffee machine, cups and bottles
- Discover sideways building techniques!
- Ride the rails in high-speed LEGO® style!
- Upgrade your model by adding LEGO Power Functions 8878 Rechargeable Battery Box, 8887 Transformer 10V DC, 8884 IR Receiver, 8879 IR Speed Remote Control, 88002 Train Motor and 8870 Lights
- Train measures 31" (79 cm) long
- To make a complete train track layout, you can purchase tracks through the Official LEGO Shop. Here is what you'll need: 8867 Flexible Train Track (1), 7499 Flexible and Straight Track (4), 7895 Switching Tracks (4)
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- December 28th, 2012Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0AwesomeWildchicken13 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!When I first saw this set on Lego.com, I immediately wanted it. I saved up my holiday money and purchased it the morning it came out. My brother purchased one, too, and we built ours together. The finished project is awesome. We put ours back-to-back to create a 5-foot-long train. That's longer than I am tall! Check out my photos if you so desire. The only thing I can criticize is the drawers on the drinks table keep falling out. By the way, either it coincidentally looks exactly like the TGV in France, or it was designed based on it and that wasn't communicated to us.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Horizon Express
- January 8th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fantastic trainDanielCox | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI'm relatively new to Lego, but have always been interested in trains. When I saw the Horizon Express kit I knew I had to have one (or two) and went out searching for it. I did struggle to locate the set due to it being a "hard to find" item, but eventually I managed to find not one, but two of the last remaining sets in the UK. The detail in this train is fantastic, it really does look like a replica of the popular French train which I imagine it is based on. Pros - Looks fantastic, great details. The interiors of the carriages are great and add good play value to the product. Cons - To really get the most of the set you will need to buy two kits, track and 2 motors/power functions accessories. I would like to have seen at least a few sections of track included to display the model on. Being a creator kit, the build is more challenging than the city trains, which is great. However, you do also have to be careful handling them - the two carriages fell apart in my girlfriend's hands the other day!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Horizon Express
- June 13th, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Nice TrainOnkel | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!I bought this train for my 5 year old son. We built it together. I searched for the parts, and he assembled everything except for a few difficult parts. The LEGO designer has done a great job with this train. It is very detailed and it has some new and exiting building techniques. The train has great resemblance with the original TGV train. We motorized the train with one engine, and found that the traction was not good enough to reach top speed. It was also unable to run with more than the 3 original cars. In order to fix this problem we put in an extra motor in the locomotive. With to motors the we have to run it slower in the corners in order to say on the track. Pros: Detailed train. Can easily be fitted with to motors for top speed. Cons: Need to buy two sets to get the full train. Needs to motors, but you have to figure out how to fit the second motor yourself.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Horizon Express
- July 4th, 2013Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0An Amazing TrainRadiumOxide | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!This train was amazing fun to build, there were lots of techniques I hadn't used before and the instructions were very clear. Once completed it's a very rewarding train, it looks slick and the setup of the train and characters will ensure that kids have fun playing with this. It's been a while since I've purchased new Lego and I was immediately drawn to this train, I knew what I was purchasing and what else I would want to purchase once the train is completed and this is where the set is let down. Power functions and track should be included as a standard when Lego create a train, at the very least it should contain some straight track for those who would like to show case the finished product. I not only find the lack of power functions as a low point to this product but the fact that I need to purchase all of the individual power functions separately. It would be easier and a better customer experience to pick up everything I need off the shelf in one box if I choose to. Parts do still need to be made available separately of course but this set lacks track and power functions both are expensive to buy individually, the cost is comparable to the cost to purchase another train. With that being the only downside to this product I would still whole heartedly recommend this product to anyone looking for a challenge or just the enjoyment of the finished train to show off.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Horizon Express