LEGO® DUPLO® Town Happy Childhood Moments (10943) introduces preschoolers to 2 exciting events – Chinese New Year celebrations and the first day at kindergarten. With 2 alternative building designs, this educational toy provides toddlers with endless playful learning opportunities.
Play that prepares children and reassures parents
Parents and children can share precious developmental moments as they explore the set's 2 alternative arrangements. Kids play out Chinese New Year family traditions – including exchanging their red envelopes and eating dumplings – and practice and prepare for the daily routines of kindergarten. As they role-play these real-life events, kids acquire essential knowledge, build fine motor abilities, improve social skills and develop emotional intelligence – which will benefit them when they experience these events in real life.
Hands-on educational toys for toddlers
LEGO DUPLO playsets put open-ended fun, self-expression and joyful learning into preschoolers' hands.
- LEGO® DUPLO® Town Happy Childhood Moments (10943) is a premium, 2-in-1 playset which teaches preschoolers about 2 big family events: Chinese New Year celebrations and the first day at kindergarten.
- The playset is packed with high-quality features, including opening doors and windows, textiles for the beds, opening drawers, a dim sum table to rotate and a slide for figures to ride down.
- As kids role-play Chinese New Year family traditions and the daily routines of kindergarten, they develop skills that will benefit them when they experience the events in real life.
- For ages 2 and up. A stand-out, feature-packed gift that lets preschoolers play out and learn about the fun details of the big occasions in their life.
- The Chinese New Year playset measures over 11 in. (28 cm) high, 17 in. (44 cm) wide and 17 in. (44 cm) deep; and the kindergarten over 8 in. (21 cm) high, 17 in. (44 cm) wide and 15 in. (40 cm) deep.
- There's so much for kids to learn as they play: numbers, letters, time, daily habits, food preparation, bedtime routines, potty training… as well as the importance of family and friends.
- Parents and grandparents will enjoy this playset almost as much as the children, as they enact family reunions, role-play cherished traditions and soothe any anxiety about starting kindergarten.
- Introduce preschoolers to familiar scenarios, fun characters and playful learning with LEGO® DUPLO® Town playsets. These toys are expertly designed to develop young minds through open-ended play.
- LEGO® DUPLO® components meet rigorous industry quality standards to ensure they are easy for little fingers to pick up, place and pull apart – and it’s been that way since 1969.
- LEGO® DUPLO® bricks and pieces are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they fulfil stringent child safety standards.
- February 24th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Worth buyingJocelynC |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterMy 3-year daughter love it, and play it everyday. Some pieces are from 10840 big fair to combine with. Worth buying.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Building Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Happy Childhood Moments
- February 15th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Wonderful set, great playabilityobiwanda |I would recommend this to a friend!I love that LEGO is embracing and making sets reflecting different families and cultures. My 3-year-old and 6-year-old were so excited when this set arrived. The box is huge and this is a substantial Duplo set. My kids put it together following the instruction book without needing my help, and have played with it for hours. The set has great details that kept my kids engaged - not only was it fun for them to build, but the playability is fantastic. There are little plates of food, a dining area, kitchen, living room, a kid’s bedroom, full bathroom, and Duplo figures of a multi-generational family that my kids love to pretend play with. This is a great set and I highly recommend it for the preschool/ early elementary school age group.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Happy Childhood Moments
- June 2nd, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Lots of educational and replay value.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterI was a huge Lego fan when I was a kid but stopped around the Technic years, 11 - 13 years old. I was really looking forward to getting back into Lego when my daughter was old enough to play with things herself. Wanting to use what already exists in the world rather than buy new, I had bought an entire set of Duplo bricks second-hand that had an assortment of animals and vehicles and people. Besides the animals, my daughter never really engaged with the bricks. I left it for a bit, until I saw this set. After buying it, I think there is huge value in having a cohesive "theme" to explore. I'm not advocating buying new objects when one doesn't have to, but definitely in this case it has been worth it. I am first generation Australian-Chinese, and we live in Berlin. My daughter is half-Swedish. I speak Cantonese to her, and wish to impart to her aspects of Chinese culture. This set is incredible for that aspect, especially with the very cute plates of Chinese themed food (there is also a plate of western food with peas and a chicken drumstick for variety). As my daughter is also at daycare age, and she LOVES her daycare, she LOVES playing with this set and roleplaying her days at the “kita” (German word for nursery). The amount of figures included makes it easy for her to role-play herself and her two best friends, as well as her instructors. It's a very thoughtful kit. At first I was a bit unsure about the pieces of fabric included (this is new for me as an 80s Lego kid), but actually they are genius because they help my daughter “put blankets on” her and her friends. So in summary, although it is intended to be a Chinese New Year and day-care theme, it can very easily be rebuilt into a home / house with mum and dad. The only slight negative which is maybe a positive, is that there is a bit of inconsistency in the quality of the bricks—some of them fit snugly together, and others don't really grip at all. I remember the Lego from my childhood which was all made in Denmark being very consistent in how they fit together. I guess this happens when three different countries are making the bricks. But the loose fit is actually a bit better for my daughter so she can pull them apart easier. I look forward to expanding this kit out with other roleplaying aspects, such as the airport and camping. I love that Lego is being very thoughtful about the themes to put in front of our kids. (note: my daughter is too young to follow the instructions to build herself so I built it myself—currently it is operating more as a play-set than a build set, but she is slowly beginning to grasp the concepts that the bricks can be put together.)June 3, 2021Jane, LEGO® Customer ServiceWe're happy to hear you're now enjoying our toys with your daughter!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Happy Childhood Moments
- January 24th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Love Chinese LegosTsubomi |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI’m so glad that Lego finally released a Chinese themed duplo set. As a first generation Chinese American, I’ve been buying the Chinese themed legos these past few years because I want my child to have more exposure to Chinese culture. It would be great if Lego creates more duplo and legos for other cultures in the world too so that we can use them to help broaden our knowledge of the different people in this world.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55Happy Childhood Moments