Enjoy a rewarding build and play experience with the LEGO® Technic™ 42080 Forest Machine. This detailed replica of a real-life forest harvester comes with lots of realistic features, including working suspension, articulated steering and a multidirectional harvester head with a spinnable cutter blade. Activate the included LEGO Power Functions motor and engage the advanced pneumatic system to operate the motorized boom and grabber. You can also rotate the driver's cab to move the boom through more than 180°. This 2-in-1 advanced building set comes with 2 buildable tree trunks and rebuilds into a rugged Log Loader.
- Features a LEGO® Power Functions motor and an advanced pneumatic system for a motorized boom and grabber.
- Also features articulated steering, working suspension, multidirectional harvester head with a spinnable cutter blade, and a large rotating driver's cab.
- Open the trailer to access the LEGO® Power Functions large motor.
- Engage the advanced pneumatic system and operate the boom and grabber to lift the tree trunks, then rotate the driver's cab to move the load through more than 180°.
- Comes with a green, white, black, gray, red and yellow color scheme.
- This LEGO® Technic™ set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Log Loader.
- Forest Machine with boom retracted measures over 7” (18cm) high, 13” (35cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Log Loader measures over 6” (17cm) high, 13” (35cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- July 31st, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great set, overpriced thoughI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a good set by itself, not looking at the price. The motorized and pneumatic functions work perfectly and are really cool and fun. Although I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the machine itself, I'm happy to see that Lego technic is using some different colors in their sets. The small details in this set are on point. Lego technic once again has mixed the standard technic parts with regular system bricks to make something beautifully detailed and fun to play with. On the other hand the set is overpriced. I do realize that the power functions and pneumatic pieces raise the price, but I think 130$ or maybe 140$ would have been more appropriate. If you really have your eyes set on this set, then by all means buy it. It is a great model.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Forest Machine
- August 26th, 2018Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Pnumatic System Needs ImprovementPurchased for: SelfI was very happy with the building process, I liked the new colors and the small details that were included in this build. However once finished I was very disappointed with the pnumatic system. The power functions only really half worked. The arm raises and lowers the way it should, however the "blades" that are supposed to open and close seem to require manual assistance. You can see them trying to work, but just can't do it under it's own power. It's not too bad if it is just a display piece, but it's not too good if you want to be able to play with it as it is advertised. I was very disappointed in the end, and found myself wishing that Lego had gone fully electric with this model rather than using pnumatics.August 27, 2018Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I’m sorry to hear that your LEGO® Forest Machine isn’t working as expected. From what you’ve described, it sounds a little rebuilding might be in order. You’ll want to make sure that each part is in the exact position shown in the instructions and that everything’s pressed together tightly (except the gears, which need some extra room to turn). You should have much better results! If you need a hand troubleshooting the build, you can get in touch with our friendly Customer Service team at LEGO.com/Service.Play Experience2.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money2.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Forest Machine
- August 29th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent Build - Love the Pneumatic SystemChookie |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis lego is perfect for those who enjoy a nice build with a few bells and whistles. The pneumatic system works very well, and gives it an extra wow factor. Also given what you get, I believe it's in the right price point. Well done lego team!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Forest Machine
- December 15th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A Fun Build to a Nice Working ModelReka |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a truly enjoyable build and my first large one since I was a kid. I especially appreciated the numbered bags as they made it possible to find pieces in a reasonable amount of time. The pneumatics worked great with no rebuilds and, as usual, the instructions were excellent. I was really impressed with how simple the system was, kind of like a reverse train engine where the rotating motor generates linear motion which fills the system with air. The only real issue I had was the flexible pneumatic tubes gather dust and cat hair like nothing I've ever seen!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Forest Machine