Enjoy a rewarding build and play experience with the LEGO® Technic™ 42080 Forest Machine. This detailed replica of a real-life forest harvester comes with lots of realistic features, including working suspension, articulated steering and a multidirectional harvester head with a spinnable cutter blade. Activate the included LEGO Power Functions motor and engage the advanced pneumatic system to operate the motorized boom and grabber. You can also rotate the driver's cab to move the boom through more than 180°. This 2-in-1 advanced building set comes with 2 buildable tree trunks and rebuilds into a rugged Log Loader.
- Features a LEGO® Power Functions motor and an advanced pneumatic system for a motorized boom and grabber.
- Also features articulated steering, working suspension, multidirectional harvester head with a spinnable cutter blade, and a large rotating driver's cab.
- Open the trailer to access the LEGO® Power Functions large motor.
- Engage the advanced pneumatic system and operate the boom and grabber to lift the tree trunks, then rotate the driver's cab to move the load through more than 180°.
- Comes with a green, white, black, gray, red and yellow color scheme.
- This LEGO® Technic™ set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Log Loader.
- Forest Machine with boom retracted measures over 7” (18cm) high, 13” (35cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Log Loader measures over 6” (17cm) high, 13” (35cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- July 31st, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great set, overpriced thoughQuoted14Hydra | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a good set by itself, not looking at the price. The motorized and pneumatic functions work perfectly and are really cool and fun. Although I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the machine itself, I'm happy to see that Lego technic is using some different colors in their sets. The small details in this set are on point. Lego technic once again has mixed the standard technic parts with regular system bricks to make something beautifully detailed and fun to play with. On the other hand the set is overpriced. I do realize that the power functions and pneumatic pieces raise the price, but I think 130$ or maybe 140$ would have been more appropriate. If you really have your eyes set on this set, then by all means buy it. It is a great model.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Forest Machine
- August 26th, 2018Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Pnumatic System Needs ImprovementLegoFanMatt | 25-34Purchased for: SelfI was very happy with the building process, I liked the new colors and the small details that were included in this build. However once finished I was very disappointed with the pnumatic system. The power functions only really half worked. The arm raises and lowers the way it should, however the "blades" that are supposed to open and close seem to require manual assistance. You can see them trying to work, but just can't do it under it's own power. It's not too bad if it is just a display piece, but it's not too good if you want to be able to play with it as it is advertised. I was very disappointed in the end, and found myself wishing that Lego had gone fully electric with this model rather than using pnumatics.August 27, 2018Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I’m sorry to hear that your LEGO® Forest Machine isn’t working as expected. From what you’ve described, it sounds a little rebuilding might be in order. You’ll want to make sure that each part is in the exact position shown in the instructions and that everything’s pressed together tightly (except the gears, which need some extra room to turn). You should have much better results! If you need a hand troubleshooting the build, you can get in touch with our friendly Customer Service team at LEGO.com/Service.Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Forest Machine
- August 29th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent Build - Love the Pneumatic SystemChookie | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis lego is perfect for those who enjoy a nice build with a few bells and whistles. The pneumatic system works very well, and gives it an extra wow factor. Also given what you get, I believe it's in the right price point. Well done lego team!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Forest Machine
- November 27th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Forest Machine cuts a mean slicembellis | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe best feature of this set is the new pneumatic switch valve pieces. These enable axles to control the valves without a separate lever. They were the main reason I bought the set. They also move the hose connection points compared to the previous valves in 42043 and 42053. I tested the new pneumatic pieces and I'm really happy with them. The new valves are easier to move so that a 1/11 cylinder from 42043 can move them. A 1/5 cylinder from the cutting head of this set can move one too, which is great for automating pneumatic models. This compares to the old type of valve, whose movement had become stiffer with each set that used them. Other good reasons to buy this set - green pieces, the L-motor and the spiky round bricks used in a mechanism. The wheel hubs, in dark silver, may also be useful later for any vehicle of my own design, perhaps with other tyres. The turntables are useful too. The main box picture does not do justice to this model. That picture makes it look like the suspension is all over the place. Yes, the axles are rocking without springs but I had to get over the fact that it did not inspire me to think initially of a stable vehicle. The picture on the back is better for that. It's difficult to show off the passive suspension in a static picture without it looking strange. The design of the vehicle is a bit ugly. The lines between the two green colours do not flow very well along the body. This may be the colour of a real forest machine, compromised by the standard shapes of the panel pieces. Not critical but another off-putting feature that I had to get over. Whilst previous sets with V2 pneumatic pieces (42043 and 42053) had a pneumatics bag, this set has the active pneumatic pieces in the bags with the other pieces, leaving just the hoses in their own bag. That means (from many countries) you can phone up LEGO customer services to buy more pneumatic pieces - this is the best news for a long time! I bought quite a few more pieces to supplement those from the two Forest Machine sets. Now to think about my own pneumatic creations, after I worked out how to do logic systems in the 1990s. There are enough pieces in this set to make a steam engine, using the 2 large cylinders and the 2 valve switches with the motorised compressor; this is an essential feature of a pneumatic LEGO set. It should be in the instructions to help people to learn the technique. The raising of the arm is at a modest pace but the lowering is also not too quick. It helps that two cylinders lift an arm that is not too heavy, hence better than the power to weight ratio on 42043's crane arm. LEGO pneumatic sets used to use the rigid 3.2mm tubing in the pneumatic system (8868, 8837). This reduces the "balloon effect" and cuts down on the rubbery hoses, using them more for corners and flexing positions. I wonder why the 3.2mm tubes have not been used, especially on the long straight run to the cutting head of this model. It would be nice to have more versatility in the tubing pieces for making our own models from this set. The pre-cut sizes are understandable for safety but many long hoses are not so good for smaller models. The tube-joiners do alleviate this a bit but 3.2mm rigid tubes could help too, leaving more shorter rubbery hoses in between. I would also like a new 2/6 cylinder to go alongside the 2/11 cylinder in the range. I like the long ones but sometimes there is a need for a shorter but powerful cylinder where the 1/5 cylinder is too weak. I appreciate that the number of piece types is limited. A good use of a 2/6 cylinder is to actuate other switch valves, which needs strong pulling and pushing. I would warmly recommend this set to anyone who wants to get into pneumatics. Just make sure you don't trap the hoses - keep the bend-radius sufficiently large so that the air can get through. I recommend rolling the ends of each hose between your fingers before fitting it to the plastic parts as that makes it easier to fit. Try to get a 20% discount though, as the set is overpriced.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Forest Machine