Discover a world of mystery and adventure with the LEGO® Creator Expert Detective’s Office! Step through the open archway and into the barbershop, where seated customers are pampered in the reflection of a large wall mirror, while next door, competitors play pool and darts beneath the comforting whir of a rotating ceiling fan. Venture to the first floor and you’ll find the detective’s office, his desk strewn with clues, a safe containing valuable evidence and a concealed wall compartment. Then visit the adjacent bathroom, featuring a classic pull-chain toilet, before taking the stairway to the well-equipped kitchen, from where you can access the roof terrace, complete with large water tower. This latest addition to the LEGO Modular Building series is packed with unsurpassed detail and hidden surprises. Easy-to-remove roof and ceilings provide access to the delightful interior, while the exterior of the building features a decorative roofline and a beautifully designed façade. Can you solve the smuggling mystery? Includes 6 minifigures with assorted accessories: Detective Ace Brickman, Al the barber, dart player, pool player, police woman and a mysterious lady in red.
- Build Ace Brickman’s Office and solve the mystery of the lady in red!
- Includes Detective Ace Brickman, Al the barber, dart player, pool player, police woman and a mysterious lady in red minifigures
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The building is over 10” high, 9” deep and 9” wide
- 2262 pieces – For LEGO fans over 16 years old
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- December 31st, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0My first substantial Lego set in 18 years.Anothername | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a marvelous Lego set. I received the Detectives Office with the Brick Bank during the Christmas period. It was fascinating to compare the structures. I think that The Highlander (the pool club) is my personal favourite room of the set. It's also the most spacious. The floor design is exquisite, along with the pool table and overhead fan! Great details. The Office for Ace Brickman is packed with superb little features: his desk, the guest chair, the fan, hat-stand, locker. His lamp is incredibly authentic, but I keep knocking it over with my hand! Al's Barbershop has a wonderful colour scheme to it, but really difficult to access in a pragmatic sense: uber-high walls and a narrow room. The toilet on the floor above is also designed and placed perfectly. The roof was a crazy construction, in a good way. It has quite a strange build technique. Quite bizarre, but looks good. Likewise the water tower: a peculiar contraption to build, but does look genuine. I had good fun with that. All-in-all, a really great, fascinating set that I can't recommend highly enough!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 12 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Detective’s Office
- March 1st, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0BikinMike | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is the fourth large modular my wife and I have assembled. (We missed out on Lego as kids, so we have become fans in retirement.) I have mixed feelings about this one. While it does have some cute touches like the hidden panels, tunnel, and wall safe, it really looks almost out of scale when sitting next to the grand emporium and city hall. It almost fits better with the bike shop/cafe from the City collection. The rooms have nice detail, but they are extremely tight. The box says it is for age 16+, and our hands are not large by any means, but we found it challenging to get our hands into the rooms once the walls were up, especially the barber shop side. This is probably one reason the walls inside do not go all the way to the ceiling. A number of reviewers have commented on the "story", but in the end, this is a toy. It is easy enough to change the story. They did provide a barrel (so if the story bothers you, change to prohibition?). Although I have to agree the story does seem pretty weak given this is rated as 16+. I would guess the story came after the design--probably next time it would be smart to start with the story first. The story tries to justify the odd placement of the rooms. It still seems to me, however, that the rooms are randomly placed. It would have made more sense to have the bathroom and kitchen above the pool hall (to provide food and facilities for the pool hall patrons) and the detective over the barber shop, although the sizes would not have worked out in the small buildings this set contains. I assume that Lego was trying to keep the price down, but I would rather pay a little more (we only get these once a year) and have a bit bigger building that made more sense. I actually just bought a second one of these and my wife and I are going to try to address some of the shortcomings we see in the build. Maybe it was a smart corporate decision to make this kit relatively small as they were able to sell two of them to the same family.Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Detective’s Office
- January 6th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Must Have For Any Size Lego TownWobbles | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is amazing! There is a lot of detail in this multilevel building. Includes the following scenes -Barber Shop -Detectives Office -Restroom -Pool Hall -Break Room/Kitchen What I like about this set the most is the multiple scenes. This set is advertised as a Detectives Office but in fact it includes so much more. The breeze way is a neat add in. I am sure most people see it as an area missing pieces but I think it makes it more realistic. The curb appeal is very captivating and the architecture of this set is really well put together. The pool and barber advertisement brings this building to life. Also the water tower is a nice touch bringing a classic detective theme. I enjoyed building this set it is great buy for any Lego town.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Detective’s Office
- June 15th, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Nice building with not common pieces, narrow room.Aelia | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI built lots of expert building before to build that one. I like the concept and the little story make it funnier. However, that story should not influence your decision to buy that building. Ok it is mysterious but not quite exiting when you find out what it really is. Also...the building look really great and it worth to have it in your collection but if you need to go inside with your hands... It is reallllllllly tricky. The room are so small and narrow particularly into All's hair dresser shop. I don't get the point to add a story line if it is hard to use the secret doors etc. How can you really enjoy that? It is so difficult to get the access to those "features". Overall it is a nice set. You can find new original pieces. The miror is really big and fit well on the wall. I love the colour and the detective side of the building. They created something different to add a pool table and that room is as well nicely decorated. I really love those expert creator building. I wish lego compagny really care about our comment. Each Time a new expert creator building coming out, I really get exited and I'm happy to continue to build my town. However I expect that lego not decreasing the details and the quality of those building. It is expensive and I expect that lego always offer a great product (looking stunning, detailed and making it " efficient" with a decent size for their mature fan. It should always be improved and never get a regression. Overall, it is still a success. Thank you!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Detective’s Office