Make way for the powerful LEGO® Technic Crawler Crane! This huge, robust 2-in-1 model comes with an array of realistic details and exciting features. Activate the included Power Functions motor and use the joysticks to operate the boom, raise and lower the claw, rotate the superstructure and drive the huge caterpillar tracks that maneuver this mighty machine! Includes an authentic double winch and pulley system with extensive cabling, working claw, detailed cab with tilt function, exhaust pipe and a ventilation grill. You can also extend the boom for even greater height! A cool blue and white color scheme adds the finishing touch to this awesome model. Rebuilds into a huge Mobile Tower Crane!
- Features Power Functions motorized boom, winch, superstructure and caterpillar tracks
- Also features an opening claw, tilting cab, extendable boom, extensive cabling and a realistic exhaust pipe and ventilation grid
- Check out the cool blue and white color scheme
- Activate the huge crawler tracks!
- Rotate the massive superstructure!
- Lift the boom!
- Lower the claw!
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Mobile Tower Crane
- Crawler Crane measures over 24” (61cm) high, 13” (33cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide
- Mobile Tower Crane measures over 25” (64cm) high, 22” (56cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide
- July 17th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Better than expectedI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst of all, the model is larger than the box suggests. Nice original colour skim. Well designed and if assembled properly, it runs very smoothly. Don't worry too much about the modest piece count. In most Technic models the numbers are mainly made up of plugs. This set does have its fair share but actually, has I said earlier, ends up much larger than box or piece number suggests. Refer to photo for size comparison with Creator Modular Building. I've been building Technic sets since 1978 and I feel that this is one of the most underrated and best value sets ever produced. Time will tell but I think this is one set that will become very collectable in the future.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Crawler Crane
- October 19th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Goliath of a machine.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfEven when I bought it I wasn't prepared for how gigantic it would be, replacing the 42025 Cargo Plane as my biggest build. The build took a while, since I had to disassemble the gearbox after a misstep. The reversible gearbox is very neat though. Its movements are slow and powerful, which endears it to me - it feels very much like the monster piece of equipment it's supposed to look like, a feel that would be ruined if it moved too quick. The only complaint I really have is that it can't turn. I know that a second motor would make the kit more expensive, but it would be interesting to have extra instructions for if you had a second motor, for adding the ability to have each track driven separately. I might try to put something like that together myself. It would also be interesting to have it upgradeable to remote control like we have on the 42030 loader, but again, this is probably well within the reach of an innovative builder. All in all, I love the exotic vehicles, and this monstrous crane fits the bill. Maybe we can have a bucket wheel excavator eventually; it would pair well with this!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Crawler Crane
- December 3rd, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Big BlueI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI love this towering beast. Attention to detail is huge on this set. Let's first talk about the tracks. I am thrilled that Lego took the time to design tracks not made of rubber, but actually built with many heavy duty parts that clip together. This adds so much to the realism, and they operate like real tracks, right down to the slightly jittery motion. If you've spent any time on a construction site, the big rigs like this have a very similar motion to them. The eight (per side) tiny wheels supporting the underside of the track are awesome to watch as they go. Having little wheels that turn adds to the realism as well. Another great feature is how everything can still be moved without batteries installed. When the gears are unlocked, they move freely. That means the turntable can be moved without damage and stripping of the gears. That reminds me - when my crane was fully assembled, the turntable only worked part way through. I checked the gears and the tolerances, and could not find the problem. A minor tear down revealed that I did not click the turntable gear into itself very well, and a small amount of pressure caused it to click correctly into place. The turntable then worked spectacularly. Reversible gears make this thing a pleasure to operate. Tying little tiny knots for the "cables" with old, fat fingers is difficult, but the finished product is too cool for words. The small details built into this crane are awesome to behold, like the little heat vents alongside where the engine would be. Watching the cable wheels spring to life is very cool. One extraordinarily minor complaint - The exhaust, or muffler on the right side of the model ends nicely, but the part leading into the engine area just sort of ends without connecting to anything. I enclosed a picture of my fix, which was simply adding a bit more so the pipe disappears into the engine compartment. I enjoy this crane immensely, and I have it on display with the extra length of boom installed. This set is awesome.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Crawler Crane
- June 23rd, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0This Crane will "lift" your spirits :)OldKid |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWell I must say I haven't enjoyed the experience of model building years but this did the trick! The crane was a pleasure to build, its pretty big however, and takes a fair amount of time to assemble. I got this as a gift for fathers day because my kids had caught me looking at it several times at toys r us LOL. The instructions were very well written and don't let the rigging scare you, the instructions guide you through effortlessly. Everything functions very well as expected. I will definitely be getting more technic kits, I only wish I had gotten the mobile crane II before they quit making it :(Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Crawler Crane