Kids can recreate the thrill of boat racing with this super-cool LEGO® Technic™ (42105) Catamaran toy. For the first time ever, this LEGO Technic model toy floats on water! So, sailing enthusiasts can learn while they play. See how the sails work. Or how the dagger boards maximise stability and how the rudder steers. With the classic 2-hull catamaran design, this model boat is a fantastic recreation of the real thing. Learn how to build and sail an awesome toy boat Build… rebuild… play… display... There’s so much for kids to discover with this LEGO engineering toy. Have fun building the Catamaran – inspired by real race boats. Then set it in the bathtub to recreate speed sailing adventures before rebuilding into a Race Power Boat. If you're looking for toy boats that really float, this set is a great choice. Unique toys and immersive building experiences LEGO Technic sets are ideal for LEGO fans looking for a new challenge. They offer an advanced building experience for kids and adults who enjoy learning new engineering skills – or simply love to build.Building Instructions
- Take to the water with this racing Catamaran floating toy sailboat. Packed with realistic features, it includes 2 sails, 2 dagger boards and rudder.
- Ideal for developing engineering skills, this 2-in-1 model sailboat kit lets kids build, play and rebuild, giving an introduction to how boats really work.
- Master the tactics of a world-class speed-sailor. Angle the sails for the ultimate racing position. Raise and lower the 2 dagger boards to maximize stability. Then use the rudder to steer.
- Looking for the best gifts for a toy boat fan? This LEGO® Technic™ Catamaran (42105) is a great choice. Designed for ages 8+, it’s ideal for LEGO fans looking for a new challenge, or for anyone with a passion for sailing.
- At over 12” (32cm) long, 8” (22cm) wide and 17” (44cm) high (from the bottom of the rudder to the top of the mast), this model sailboat is made for easy handling in the bathtub.
- Who needs batteries when you've got sails? Certainly not this LEGO® Catamaran! It's powered by imagination, so no batteries are required.
- Get building straightaway with full instructions for the Catamaran in the box. Ready to build the Race Power Boat? You’ll find extra instructions for this online.
- Young LEGO® fans can discover a whole new world of building fun with LEGO Technic™ plastic model kits. With cool vehicle designs and realistic functions, the action goes on long after the model is built.
- LEGO® building bricks are designed to the highest industry standards. LEGOTechnic™ building kits are consistent, compatible and connect easily every time.
- LEGO® Technic™ pieces go through robust testing to make sure every building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
62% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating3.5out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating3.3out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating4.2out of 5 stars
- May 27th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0CatamaranBuraot | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGood buy. Best design, best suit for ages 15 & above. Great Value for money, not too expensivePlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Catamaran
- August 19th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0This is funTheHappySailor | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this at the store, came home and built it in 4 hours. There were a few extra parts and lost one (but found it later!). The build was challenging and the effort was rewarding for this old salt. I was pleasantly surprised with all the move surfaces. I did disassemble it and bagged the parts, and reboxed the kit. :( But I am looking into doing a modification on it so it can be sailed on a pool or small pond.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Catamaran
- July 5th, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Floated the first time but sank secondMasterAndreas1 | 14-18Purchased for: SelfThe build was challenging. It’s not really made for 8 and up. The finishing model was nice. The first time I put it in the water the boat floated, but the second time it floated for 30 seconds than sank. When I took it out of the water. It was dripping water but then the bottom of the green boat pieces fell off. I was surprised! Now that is dumb that the bottom of the boat does that. Think of a better design lego!!July 27, 2020Marine, Customer ServiceHello, Oh no! I'm sorry you’re having some difficulty keeping the set together to float. We always test and retest our toys to make sure that they’ll hold up to play when they’re built exactly as shown in the instructions. If your set ever seems like it's not very sturdy, the best thing to do is double-check your build. Sometimes there may be a piece just a little off from where it should be. You’ll also want to make sure that all the pieces are pressed tightly together. If you'd like a hand troubleshooting the build, or if you find that any pieces aren't holding together as they should, feel free to give us a shout at LEGO.build/Service-BV.Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 days 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Catamaran
- June 21st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Ridiculously Fun!enlightenedpie | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this on a whim. Not really a fan of boats or sailing, but I wanted a new technic set so I took the plunge. This set was way more fun to build than I expected, and way larger than I expected! It stands about 12” tall, and it can go taller with the adjustable fins that go through the bottom of each hull. My LEGO collection is mostly cars and Star Wars, so this will definitely stand out, but it’s really cool to look at. You should definitely buy this set!Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Catamaran