Load up the powerful LEGO® City 60198 Cargo Train and deliver the goods on time! This cool LEGO City set features a motorized engine with 10-speed Bluetooth remote control, accessible driver’s cabin, a crane wagon with rotating and extendable boom arm, container wagon with 2 containers, and a log wagon, plus an armored truck with opening doors, and a forklift with opening roll cage and lifting forks. This cool LEGO train set also includes a full circular track with 16 curved rails, 16 straight rails and a railroad switch with lever, plus a control center with ladder and 2 buildable pallets with money bills, gold bar elements, a snow scooter and 6 LEGO minifigures.
- Includes 6 LEGO® minifigures: 4 train workers, a security officer and a crook.
- Features a motorized engine with 10-speed Bluetooth remote control, pantograph on the opening roof, and driver’s cabin with control panel.
- Also features a log wagon, crane wagon with rotating and extendable boom arm, and a container wagon with 2 containers with hooks on the roof for loading and space for pallets.
- Includes a control center with ladder and signal lights, a full circular toy train track with 16 curved rails, 16 straight rails and a railroad switch with lever, a money transport truck with opening doors, and a working forklift with opening roll cage.
- Accessory elements include a wrench, 12 gold bar elements and 4 money bills, plus 2 buildable pallets, 3 logs and snow scooter.
- Open the roof to access the engine car filled with cool details.
- Operate the cargo train with the 10-speed Bluetooth remote control.
- Lift and load logs onto the log wagon with the crane's rotating arm and hook.
- Push the lever on the railroad switch to drive the train to a different track for loading or unloading.
- Load pallets into the containers with the forklift before lifting them onto the container wagon with the crane.
- Set up the tracks in different configurations to load or offload cargo around your city.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantities.
- The included Bluetooth remote is not compatible with older infrared remote-controlled LEGO® train sets.
- Cargo Train in total measures over 4” (11cm) high, 32” (82cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Engine measures over 4” (11cm) high, 10” (27cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Log wagon measures over 1” (5cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Crane wagon measures over 4” (10cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Container wagon measures over 3” (9cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Armored truck measure over 2” (6cm) high, 6” (15cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- Control center measures over 8” (21cm) high, 3” (8cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep.
- Forklift measures over 2” (7cm) high, 2” (5cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- July 2nd, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0ExcellentBarts | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfJust getting back into building and this was my first build and it was easy and well worth the pricePlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrs 30 minsWas this helpful?55Cargo Train
- February 3rd, 2019Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Great Train poor battery lifeGrahambigg | 55-64Purchased for: GrandsonWhilst the building and playing of this set is fantastic having to change batteries after 30 mins of playing is a pain. It takes 10 AAA to function so not only is a pain changing its quite expensive.February 8, 2019Keith, Customer ServiceHi there, thanks for your review. i'm sorry to hear that your train is running out of batteries so quickly, that doesn't sound like normal behavior! To help figure out what's wrong, please contact our LEGO experts at LEGO.com/service.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Cargo Train
- August 5th, 2018Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Incredibly disappointedOldSkool | 45-54Purchased for: SelfThe train itself is great. This set is essentially a 2018 version of the old 7939 Cargo Train from 2011 and as such, has all the detail, features and accessories of the original City Cargo train, but brought up to date. What lets this down really badly is the nightmare that is the new Powered Up! control system. 'Out of the box', it doesn't work properly. Yes, the supplied controller allows you to control the train. But, I also have the 60197 Passenger Train and the two controllers do not 'talk' to more than one train. The Bluetooth pairing is dodgy at best and not being able to use one controller to control both trains, one on each channel, is a real pain. According to several forums, a firmware update is available which does fix some issues, but this only works with an 'app' for Android or i-OS devices, neither of which I own or intend to own. So unless you are buying a single train or you have a compatible smart device, this is not for you. I have replaced both sets of Powered Up components with Power Functions items and now the trains not only work as expected but will co-exist with all my existing trains on the same controller(s). LEGO....please respect the fact that there are those of us older fans who are more than happy to spend £300 in one purchase of two train sets, but do not own or wish to own 'smart' devices. At least give us a PC-compatible method of controlling these trains or a way of updating the firmware without needing an i-Phone or tablet! I am also concerned that the battery life is nowhere near as good as it was with PF...the constant bi-directional communication between hub and controller eats batteries, even without the motors running.
Response from LEGO SHOPAugust 7, 2018Emily, Customer ServiceHi there. I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble getting both your trains connected. It is possible to run two trains at the same time from one remote, but the process can get just a bit tricky since it requires several steps. You'll want to make sure that each train has its motor plugged in to a different port. Connect the first train, then disconnect it. After that, connect the second train (don't disconnect!). Once that's done, reconnect the first train. Both trains will then be connected to the same remote! If you'd like to change which channels they're on, you can just press the button on the Hub. If you need a hand getting your trains connected, our Customer Service team is happy to help. You can get in touch at LEGO.com/Service.Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Cargo Train
- December 11th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Quite a value!BlockyCheetah | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got my hands on this set a little over a year ago. It was my first experience with a lego train. Although I have seen many through the decades. I have to say this might be one of the best starter kits, for anyone thinking about getting into lego trains. Not only do you get a fair amount of track, you get a selection that enables more than just a typical circle shape. The train itself has many features. The amount of things anyone could do to play with this is high. From the crane being able to move things around. To having all sorts of stories play out with the many figures and vehicles. I think one of the best things about current lego trains is the couplers. They have very strong magnets, allowing the train cars to just get near each other and they pull together, and stay connected. To sum things up, this is one nice quality set. If you are planning to get into lego trains, this is probably the best current start you can get.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Cargo Train