Know a race car fan who would love to drive like the Stig from TV’s BBC Top Gear? Let them put their skills to the test with this awesome LEGO® Technic™ (42109) App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car. First, they can have fun building the rally car toy, discovering all the elements that make this Rally Car model work. Then the adrenaline builds as they try out cool moves – all using the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ App. Powered by a smart hub, the app allows super-precise movement, giving endless play combinations with authentic sound effects. Choose from different control screens to drive forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake and tackle obstacles. They will also get real-time feedback, including a speed and tilt log and can test out their skills in the app’s racing challenges section. There’s inspirational content and videos to discover in the app too! LEGO Technic sets bring an advanced building challenge for kids and adults who love to learn new engineering skills.
- Let race car fans take on a driving challenge with this LEGO® Technic™ app-controlled Top Gear Rally Car (42109). It’s operated via a smart device with 3 screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for compatible devices.
- This toy rally car model is controlled via the LEGO® Technic™ CONTROL+ app and powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 1 XL motor and 1 L motor for a more immersive play experience, authentic movements and hours of fun.
- Build the car. Download the app. Get ready for action. With multi-function control, drivers can go forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake, or play sound effects and get real-time feedback!
- Looking for Top Gear gifts or LEGO® gifts? Racing fans aged 9+ will love this toy building set.
- At over 10” (26cm) long, 3” (10cm) high and 5” (14cm) wide, this motorised toy car is the perfect size for driving or for display. Please note: this set is not compatible with LEGO® Power Functions systems.
- Building can start without batteries but to enjoy the full power of digital play with the app controls, you’ll need to pop 6 x AA 1.5V batteries into the Smart Hub.
- Getting started with this app-controlled toy is super-fast as full, easy-to-follow instructions are included in the box.
- LEGO® Technic™ plastic model kits are thoroughly tested to make sure every one of these unique toys meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- June 8th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0pieces potential, but poor modelhideandtweak | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this set with the project of using the motors and pieces to help me make MOC cars. So I'm not really disappointed. Overall, I think the price is decent when you compare to powered up items sold separately, plus it comes with many pieces. I have a few problems with this rally car. - There is a problem in the front wheels alignment which make it lean left when supposed to go straight. Also, the design does not make it possible to fine tune it. - The car is really heavy, so it's not as fast as it could be, and make it almost impossible to climb hills. - The powered up app does not have any instructions so I guess I'll have to figure out myself how to program. I'm lucky to already have done a little programming a few years ago in university, but I'm pretty sure I'll struggle a lot to make something out of it... and look for advices. I guess for now I'll stick to the rally car template. But for kids, it could have been nice to have a friendly user environnement to use the motors.Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- June 26th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0LEGO + Top Gear + RC Car = AwesomenessMuskokaBricker | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLove this set. As a big fan of Top Gear which I watch with my son who loves LEGO, anything with wheels and Top Gear this has appeal on so many levels. It’s not a performance RC car. Get that straight. It’s slow. But still it’s very fun to drive it around after it’s built. It’s quite suitable for driving it indooors, which is not something cant do with regular RC cars. I don’t do a lot of LEGO builds myself and rarely buy LEGO for myself but I loved this one and vastly enjoyed putting it together and playing around with it after.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 14 days 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- February 8th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun build, fun to play withWilS | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's kind of rare for me to play with any set after it's built. I generally admire it for a while, take it apart (space concerns), and come back to it later to start over. This was a lot of fun to actually play with after it was complete. One question... Is mine the only one that pulls to the right? Even after re-calibrating the steering, it routinely pulls. Thinking it has something to do with the differential (?) at the rear axle...February 10, 2020Emily, Customer ServiceMuch like a real car...sounds like something might be a little off in the alignment. We'd recommend double-checking your build to make sure everything's in the right spot and that gears have enough room to turn. (Especially make sure the space around the gears is even on each side!) If you need a hand with troubleshooting, you can always get in touch at LEGO.com/service.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- October 23rd, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0First Technic SetI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have been around LEGO my whole life and have been more serious about LEGO as a hobby in the last four years or so. This is my first real Technic set (I'm excluding a small $10 set I picked up a couple years back). I have always been intrigued by Technic but was never quite willing to pick one up, as I preferred to spend the money on a modular or other Creator Expert build. I decided to put my curiosity to rest with the Rally Car, and I am very pleased with my decision. The build was fun and challenging, while maybe a little tedious. Initially I was upset that the set does not come with a remote controller and is dependent on an app. I like to use LEGO as a means of stepping away from my phone not being on it more. However, the many features within the app, like the time trial races and motion controlled steering have convinced me that the app is a bit superior to a remote controller. For the price I do wish the car was a bit faster, however it really isn't that bad. For what it lacks in speed, this car makes up for in steering and control. Overall, I would highly recommend this set to any LEGO fan who is curious about Technic.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car