Bring the iconic 1989 Batman movie to lifeWith over 2,300 pieces, this impressive reproduction features a removable canopy, a fully detailed interior, poseable flaps and 3 minifigures, including two you won’t find anywhere else.
A hero makes an entranceAfter destroying the Joker’s balloon weapons before the showdown at the celebration of Gotham City’s 200th anniversary, the gothic-styled Batwing soared over the city and into the hearts of Batman™ fans everywhere.
Display your own Batwing
Use the included mounting bracket to hang on the wall.
The impressive reproduction features a removable canopy.
Direct from Gotham City™
Includes 3 minifigures (two are LEGO-only exclusives!)
Build an icon
Reward yourself with an engrossing, stress-relieving project.
Perfect for Batman™ collectors
Comes complete with an official fact-filled nameplate.
Large scale model
An angled stand makes an impressive display.
A new icon joins the Batman™ collectionThe exclusive LEGO® DC BATMAN™ 1989 Batwing makes a striking display companion to the 1989 Batmobile™.
See a classic in the making with the exclusive new 1989 BatwingWatch Now
This is no kid’s toy. If you’re serious about BATMAN™, comic book super heroes or making cool models, this LEGO® DC BATMAN 1989 Batwing is for you!
Batwing construction project
Recreate the authentic detail and gothic elegance of BATMAN’s iconic aircraft, the Batwing, with this LEGO brick build-and-display model. The impressive reproduction features realistic details, removable canopy, full interior, poseable flaps and a new special brick that will allow you to mount and display your model on your wall. There’s also a stand, nameplate and 3 minifigures – BATMAN™, THE JOKER™ and a Lawrence the Boombox Goon™ – to create an impressive setting for your model.
LEGO brick model-making kits
Escape the busy world for a moment and discover the joy of creative construction with adult LEGO building sets. Satisfying to build and stunning to display, adult LEGO kits make great birthday gifts, holiday presents and personal treats for anyone interested in model making or comic culture.
- Indulge your passion for the Caped Crusader™ with the LEGO® DC BATMAN™ 1989 Batwing. If you’re an adult Batman fan or a model-building enthusiast, this buildable display model of the Batwing is for you!
- The iconic style of the Batwing from the 1989 BATMAN™ movie is enhanced by a sturdy stand, nameplate and 3 minifigures: BATMAN, THE JOKER™ and a Boombox goon.
- This challenging and rewarding building project provides an engrossing and stress-relieving break from the real world – and will look great when displayed on the wall or on its stand in your home or workplace.
- Any superhero or LEGO® fan will love this 2,363-piece construction kit. Whether you buy it for yourself, as a birthday gift or a holiday present, the LEGO Batwing model is sure to deliver hours of enjoyment.
- Measuring over 4” (11cm) high, 20” (52cm) long and 22” (58cm) wide, the LEGO® DC BATMAN™ 1989 Batwing looks stunning on its stand and when attached to the wall.
- No batteries required. This collectible piece of BATMAN™ memorabilia offers a hands-on, build-and-display experience that will catch the eye of every BATMAN, sci-fi or model-making enthusiast.
- Easy-to-follow, high-quality instructions are included to ensure you gain maximum enjoyment from this fascinating construction project.
- Part of a series of authentic LEGO® reproductions designed to deliver a satisfying build-and-display experience. For more in the series, check out the LEGO DC BATMAN™ 1989 Batmobile™.
- No super-powers arerequired to connect and pull apart LEGO® bricks and pieces. They meet the highest industry standard, which ensures they fit together and separate perfectly every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to ensure your awesome display model meets the highest toy safety standards in GOTHAM CITY™ and the rest of planet Earth.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- November 7th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Sturdy set with few problematic detailsMerit | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI like the fact that it's very ambitious and demanding set which doesn't necessarily spark joy with every next package of bricks (feels like a endless amount) but gives great satisfaction once you see how sturdy it becomes after all this building. It's also a great way to exercise patience because it's not a one night build; if you want to really enjoy the process of building you have to take your time and make sure that you don't rush it and make mistakes that can create problems at the next steps. It was also a great way to get off the 24/7 newsreel which has been otherwise almost impossible to accomplish. Still, there are some details I think could be improved. First, the stand won't give me necessary assurance that it will hold the Batwing's weight. It should be more proportional to Batwing's dimensions. Second, the removability of the canopy isn't a great idea in its current form, because it gives me the feel that I did something wrong in the process as it doesn't really fit perfectly. Also, what happens when I decide to put the Batwing on the wall (which I will do)? Will it fall off or stay on its place with 50-50 chance of falling off?November 11, 2020Marine, Customer ServiceHi there, We always test and retest our toys to make sure that they’ll hold up to play (an display in this situation) when they’re built exactly as shown in the instructions. If your set ever seems like it's not very sturdy, the best thing to do is double-check your build. Sometimes there may be a piece just a little off from where it should be. You’ll also want to make sure that all the pieces are pressed tightly together. Thanks for your feedback on the canopy as well. We'll make sure to let our designers know.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?451989 Batwing
- December 31st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Took me to 89 and then some.kidvid82 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI developed a minor case of anxiety and wanted to find an outlet to release it and be creative at the same time. I was at the mall and walked past a LEGO Store and remembered what it was like as a kid to build these monumental pieces. As a huge Batman conossiuer I noticed the Batwing on a poster in the window and couldn't turn my head away. This item was monstrous and I desired it. The rest as they say is history. Currently working on the 89 Batmobile. The 1 con to building the Batwing is that it does get a little repetitive, though rest assure the final product is worth it and hang it on your wall for a finesse piece of cinematic history to show the peeps.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?551989 Batwing
- November 4th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great ThrowbackKentilsha13 | 25-34Purchased for: SelfLove this Batwing from the Original Batman Movie. The detail is outstanding. I only wish it gave a bit more detail on wall mounting or if they had a video tutorial of best way. I fear it falling off the wall once up.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 hrs 18 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?551989 Batwing
- November 23rd, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Bakken | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfPerfect design ~ Enjoy the fun, even if it takes me 5 days to finish.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 5 daysWas this helpful?451989 Batwing