Product and play details for Brandenburg Gate LEGO® Architecture
Commissioned by King Frederick William II of Prussia as a sign of peace, the Brandenburg Gate has been one of Berlin's most important monuments for over 200 years – both as an architectural landmark and historic symbol. The grandest of a series of 18 gates circling the city, the Brandenburg Gate was constructed between 1788–1791 from the Propylaea-inspired designs of architect Carl Gotthard Langhans. This sandstone gate consists of twelve Doric columns that combine to form five passageways, topped by the imposing Johann Gottfried Schadow statue, Quadriga – a four-horse chariot ridden by Victoria, the Roman Goddess of victory. This LEGO® Landmark series interpretation of the Brandenburg Gate was designed by US architect Adam Reed Tucker in collaboration with the LEGO design team.