The Bone DemonMonkie Kid™
Youngsters can build the story of thrice defeating the Bone Demon with this LEGO® Monkie Kid™ toy (80028). First they build 2 Bone Spiders, then the White Bone Demon’s crypt where Monkie Kid and Mei take on the Bone Spirits and a Bone Scuttler, then a Bone Scorpion. Finally, all builds are combined to create the Bone Demon model. This playset includes the most glow-in-the-dark elements of any LEGO set to date and 5 minifigures. Monkie Kid has a battle mech and Cloud Board, Mei has a winged jetpack, and each has buildable toy weapons that can be upgraded as their challenges get tougher.
Creative building fun
Step-by-step, illustrated instructions are included so even LEGO newcomers can build with confidence and enjoy the experience.
Buildable LEGO Monkie Kid sets make great gifts for youngsters, helping educate them about Chinese culture and the legend of the Monkey King while nurturing their creativity.
- A crypt, 2 Bone Spiders, Bone Scuttler and a Bone Scorpion combine to create the Bone Demon as kids build the classic story of thrice defeating the Bone Demon with this LEGO® Monkie Kid™ toy (80028).
- Includes 5 minifigures: Monkie Kid, Mei, White Bone Demon and 2 Bone Spirits with toy weapons. Monkie Kid’s and Mei’s buildable weapons can be upgraded as their challenges get tougher.
- Children will love the glow-in the-dark LEGO® elements (more than in any other LEGO set to date) that are incorporated into the crypt model, 2 Bone Spirits and the ultimate Bone Demon combi-model.
- This premium-quality toy playset also features Monkie Kid’s posable battle mech and Cloud Board and Mei’s winged jetpack, inspiring children to create their own heroic missions.
- Offering hours of fun, creative building and play, this 1,375-piece toy playset makes an awesome birthday gift, holiday present or surprise treat for trend-setting kids aged 9 and up.
- The ultimate Bone Demon model measures over 15.5 in. (40 cm) high, 11.5 in. (29 cm) wide and 6 in. (16 cm) deep. It makes an impressive display piece and is sure to be the talk of the playground.
- Thinking of buying this set for a child who is new to building with LEGO® bricks? No problem. It comes with illustrated, step-by-step instructions so they can build with confidence.
- Inspirational LEGO® Monkie Kid™ building toys reimagine the Chinese legend of the Monkey King for the modern day, helping children to develop their optimism, bravery and resilience while having fun.
- LEGO® components meet strict industry standards, which guarantees secure connections and robust builds – it’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to ensure that they meet rigorous global safety standards.
- July 8th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0got this as a collection pieceI would recommend this to a friend!I don't watch Monkie Kid, but my brother really enjoys the show. I got this set as I love mechs. The build was really fun as each part was done as a separate item. putting it bone demon together felt great as it is huge. I love that it glows in the dark and the small monkie kid mech is a great addition to the set.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55The Bone Demon
- July 11th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent setJaseva |I would recommend this to a friend!This was my first set from the Monkey Kid series. The heros mech suit stuck out to me, to add to my collection, and the glow and the dark pieces really caught my eye. The little spiders were adorable little builds, and was really impressed with how strong and sturdy the scorpion was. Combining all the mini builds to make the giant skeleton mech was a neat concept that I hope appears in more sets. I'm now considering getting a 2nd so I can have a set of the mini builds, and the giant skeleton on display.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55The Bone Demon
- July 20th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A Pinnacle of MK PerfectionDrustan |I would recommend this to a friend!Is the title of this review clickbait? I would say NO. I have collected every single Monkie Kid set so far and would have to say this is my absolute favorite. Here's why: BUILD: The set is divided into many individual sections and sub-builds, with each part offering unique techniques and structures to achieve the necessary shapes and functions. It was always interesting and exciting to see the different creatures come together. The good guy builds are less interesting, but provide a nice build variety from the bone demon components. PLAY: Man this thing is fun. The key gimmick enables you to combine all the disparate little creatures into a giant monolithic monstrosity. Once you follow the instructions once to get the combining down it becomes very easy to remember for subsequent attempts. This aspect really embodies the joy of building with LEGO and being able to "build" the creature even when the instructions have been finished. Each of the individual components are fun to play with on their own (spiders, crypt, and especially THE SCORPION). If I have to say anything bad about this set is that the side builds lack the potential and polish that the main build has. MK's mech feels like a carbon copy of the one he has in the Team Secret HQ but worse, as the flimsy little legs and weak hips make it a pain to play with. Also, the transparent blue blast elements under the cloud jet fall off super easily and makes it not fun to use. I am glad these side-builds are included however, as full scenarios can be acted out. DISPLAY: This thing absolutely towers over almost every Monkie Kid creature and set. The only thing that comes close is the Warrior Mech. The Bone Demon has a real presence, both with the lights on and especially with the lights off (the glow-in-the dark pieces work REALLY well). So far this has been touted as THE big bad of the Monkie Kid show, and this set doesn't disappoint. The figures are sparse but Lady Bone Demon and her henchman are especially menacing with thoughtful details. (glow in the dark skulls, bone in the hair, etc.) Be careful on carpet though, the bone demon is rather top heavy when complete and tends to topple on uneven surfaces. Stands perfectly upright on hard and smooth surfaces though. So there you go! Take this for what it's worth but I would be hard pressed not to recommend to any Monkie Kid fan , action theme fan, Journey to the West fan, or anybody who appreciates finesse in design.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55The Bone Demon
- July 23rd, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great nameI would recommend this to a friend!The set is awesome!!! The glow in the dark pieces are awesome!!! Highly recommendPlay Experience5.0Value for Money4.0Was this helpful?55The Bone Demon