Discover the architectural secrets of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®. This accurately detailed LEGO® model faithfully recreates the curves and distinctive lines that have made this building an architectural icon for the last half-century. The simple, grid-patterned facade of the annex tower complements the main building with its circular rotundas, while buildable exterior elements depict a section of New York City’s 5th Avenue Museum Mile, complete with its signature yellow cabs. The Guggenheim sign, featuring Wright’s architectural lettering, has also been recreated in a similar typeface to heighten the authenticity of the model. This LEGO Architecture model has been designed to deliver a rewarding building experience for all with an interest in architecture, travel, history and design, and is suitable for display in the home and office.
- Build a detailed model of New York City’s architectural icon!
- Includes Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous rotunda, the 8-story annex tower and 5th Avenue Museum Mile with scaled yellow cabs
- Includes collectible booklet containing information about the design, architecture and history of the building
- LEGO Architecture building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The museum is over 4” high, 7” wide and 5” deep
- 744 pieces – For boys and girls over 12 years old
- April 30th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A hefty little eye candyLEGOfani |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is my third Architecture set. I own the Farnsworth House and the Trevi Fountain, of which the first one is still intact - I just love the sleek beauty of it. The Guggenheim has the same esthetic appeal: clean lines, a trillion 1x1 tiles, and beautiful colors. Yes, colors. I love the dark green plates with white tiles and sand details in the Farnsworth House, and I also love the two different greens of the Guggenheim combined with the teeny tiny splashes of yellow. It looks complete, balanced, satisfying. It also has a nice weight to it. And even though one will not see the insides of the model once it is ready, the inside design makes sense when you are building the model. You can see the love for the original architecture manifesting in the LEGO model and even its details that don't meet the eye. Also, the back wall, although it seems pretty uniform a structure, is in fact a really complex and intriguing construction. The overall built of the model is quite challenging, especially the back wall, to get all the tiles spot-on straight. But that's good, right? Not everything has to be easy, not in life nor in LEGO. And that's why I really like both the Architecture and the Creator series. :) Happy building!Level of Difficulty4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- April 17th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Bravo, Lego!Aden |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is one of my favorite Architecture sets to date. It looks beautiful on display, and I can tell the designers put many hours into perfecting the shape. One of my favorite parts of this model is how they included printed tiles on the front instead of the usual name plate to make it more true to life. My only complaint is that the large spiral section is slanting outward too much, but I really don't see how else they could've done it. Also, there are many 1x1 tiles in this set which are pretty tricky to line up, but once you do get them lined up, the hard work definitely pays off. Overall, outstanding model!Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- November 1st, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Re-entering in styleI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was my first set since building and playing Lego when I was a kid. The moment I opened the box I inmediatly got overwhelmed by nostalgic feelings. I couldn’t stop building until the set was finished. I was pleasantly surprised by the detailing and the way the building was constructed. I don’t think it’s a difficult set to built, the only struggle was aligning all the 1 by 1 tiles of the building in the back. But once finished, very rewarding. Hopefully my wife lets me display it for longer then a couple of days:-)Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- March 29th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Just wow!I would recommend this to a friend!I received this a few days ago and finally had the chance to sit down and build it last night. All I can say is wow! This set put the first Guggenheim to shame. The level of details is just amazing. Definitely one of my favorite build and hope Lego designers continues to improve the Architecture Series. This one will definitely be on display for everyone to see. I can't wait for the next set they come up with or redesign.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®