Mark a true milestone in LEGO® Star Wars™ sets with this 75259 Snowspeeder – 20th Anniversary Edition. This special-edition set is an updated version of the original 7130 Snowspeeder model released in 1999 and features an opening cockpit with space for the Luke Skywalker and Dak Ralter minifigures in pilot suits, laser cannons, a spring-loaded shooter under each wing, plus a stud shooter and harpoon with string at the rear. This commemorative LEGO Star Wars building toy also includes an elevating and rotating gun tower with stud shooter for epic Battle of Hoth action from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, plus a bonus Lando Calrissian minifigure from 2003 on a 20th anniversary display stand.
- Includes 4 LEGO® Star Wars™ minifigures: Luke Skywalker and Dak Ralter in their pilot outfits, a Rebel Trooper and a bonus anniversary Lando Calrissian on a detachable display stand.
- Features a Snowspeeder building toy with opening 2-minifigure cockpit, 2 spring-loaded shooters, a stud shooter and harpoon with string at the rear, plus an elevating and rotating gun tower with stud shooter.
- Weapons include Lando Calrissian's original blaster, Luke's blaster pistol and blue Lightsaber, and the Rebel Trooper’s blaster.
- Also includes a pair of electrobinoculars.
- This LEGO® Star Wars™ construction toy is a reinterpretation of the 7130 Snowspeeder vehicle from 1999 and makes a great LEGO Star Wars gift for builders of any age.
- Lando Calrissian minifigure is a reproduction of the original minifigure from 2003 and includes a 20th anniversary logo.
- Connect the LEGO® Star Wars™ 20th anniversary minifigure display stands for the perfect collector's item.
- Play out unforgettable Battle of Hoth scenes from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and other scenes from the Star Wars™ saga for creative play.
- Snowspeeder model measures over 1” (5cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- Gun Tower measures over 3” (8cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- April 13th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Few easy mods, very happy with this setI would recommend this to a friend!This set has a lot to offer. Airspeeder was fun to build. Side build (laser gun) looks great. Regular mini figs look good. In my opinion Lando is the best of the 5 20th anniversary mini figs to get. You get a lot here, lot of play value too. Few simple mods. 1) We put two of the extra red studs between the laser and the dark gray tips, looks much more powerful. Same thing with the ground cannon, added a red stud to the barrel. 2) We took the extra light gray stud (with the hole in it) and put the grappling hook in it. Now the rear stud shooter can shoot the hook. Works really well, only issue is you have to put some slack in the string else it gets hung up. Cons (always have to have some cons) 1) Rebel troops hats don't match the last battle pack (these are a darker tan). Not a huge issue, but would be nice if more consistent. 2)When I think of skyspeeders think of orange markings. This set comes in gray. I prefer the orange, but easy enough to change. 3) (this the only one I really care about) the back of Lando's torso is just lettering. Lucky the cape covers this, but wish it wasn't there. Great set, definitely recommend. If you are on the fence about getting it.....get it you won't be sorry.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 1 hrsWas this helpful?55Snowspeeder™ – 20th Anniversary Edition
- April 14th, 2019Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0New marketing...Purchased for: Self$40 is just too steep of a price to say I could ever recommend. This set at its best is worth $20 that would be rather fair. The other part that has got me down is “ we remade these sets so newer customer base could enjoy” so far from the truth it’s disgusting. On the business side of things you stand to make more money by just using a older design with a gimmick, If you really cared you would invest in a new design. This price scale on recent products with a less for more business model has me thinking that there has been a change of hands in the company. Quality lowered with price increase. ShameValue for Money1.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Snowspeeder™ – 20th Anniversary Edition
- July 11th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great Set, Iconic Ship, Wrong Pilot OutfitsI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfSimply put, this is a great set. As a new collector, I never got a chance to buy the Snowspeeder before, so I'm glad to add it to my collection, on top of the retro Lando figure. The only issue I have with this set aside from the slightly overpriced value (IMO), is that the Rebel pilot uniforms for Luke/Dak are X-Wing pilot uniforms, not Snowspeeder pilot uniforms. Minor detail... Certainly doesn't affect playability, nor will children care about this. However, as a collector, I have to find another source for Snowspeeder torso/legs. :(Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Snowspeeder™ – 20th Anniversary Edition
- April 14th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Appreciate this re-releaseanson42 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy son and I are fairly new to the Lego world so while I understand the Snowspeeder has been made and remade in numerous forms before – all the way from micro to mini to UCS – this is the first one we own. The 20th anniversary Lando minifigure is a nice bonus as the primary reason for purchasing the set was to finally own a snowspeeder. I feel the stickers on this set are optional though we did apply them for the sake of completeness. The finished build looks nice, though I feel more orange accents would be appreciated and more accurate. I do have some minor complaints and they're not all directly related to this build: i) The 20th anniversary text on the back of the Lando figure is very ugly. Something much more subtle would have sufficed, IMO. I'm glad he has a cape to cover up the text. ii) IMO, this set is overpriced at MSRP. I waited until it was 20% off before purchasing. It certainly did not take long for the usual suspects to offer a discount soon after release. Is my perception of higher MSRP on some sets these days to allow retailers some wiggle room? iii) I wish there was space either in the cockpit or via an external clip where Luke's lightsaber could be stashed. I do appreciate the storage space at the rear for blasters but when Luke is in the speeder, we just don't want to lose his lightsaber. Overall at the discounted price the set is worthwhile and I'm happy to own it. The throwback Lando figure is nice to have though I have to say I prefer a more recent version of the minifigure that we own. As I was not a Lego customer when these sets first came out the 20th anniversary figures don't hold any nostalgia value for me so these are all about the actual build. Looking forward to purchasing at least one more of the 20th anniversary sets, particularly the Slave 1, as that is also a vehicle we would love to own.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money3.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Snowspeeder™ – 20th Anniversary Edition