An action-packed set for crane toy fans. Anyone who loves discovering how mega-machines work will have lots of fun with this LEGO® Technic™ 42108 Mobile Crane. It’s a challenging build, perfect for LEGO Technic fans looking for a model packed with functionality. A feature-packed crane truck for construction site fun With its classic black and yellow design, this model looks just like the real thing. And with a mighty range of realistic features, it operates just like a real crane too. First, steer and drive the vehicle to the right spot. Then use the outriggers to secure the crane in place. From the crane cabin, raise the boom and extend the telescopic arm – see how high it reaches! Then use the hoist to carry the concrete pillar – great for role-play, or just for testing what this mega-crane can do. An immersive and rewarding construction site toy This is a challenging and advanced build from the LEGO Technic universe, bringing the world of engineering to life.Building Instructions
- See how a real crane works with this action-packed LEGO® set for construction fans. Steer the truck, put out the outriggers, raise the boom and hoist the concrete pillar.
- There’s plenty to learn about engineering and movement with this cool building toy. 8-wheel steering, 4 individually controlled outriggers, 2 cabins and super-high telescopic arm all add up to create an awesome crane!
- Have fun building this challenging model. Then explore what all the different features can do. Use thepillar to put the crane through its paces before moving the truck to the next job.
- Crane fans aged 10+ will love this amazing LEGO® Technic™ (42108) set. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for the best gifts for anyone who loves LEGO Technic and is ready for a new building challenge.
- The thing you'll notice about this LEGO® crane is its size. With a 30” (78cm) crane arm, it's certainly tall! Its impressive dimensions make this a super display model at 18” (48cm) long and 4” (11cm) wide.
- No batteries are needed for this crane truck toy. Just bring curiosity and a desire to build to get started!
- Eager to get building? Let’s go! With easy-to-follow instructions included in the box, the fun starts straightaway.
- Open up a whole new world of building fun for LEGO® fans young and old with LEGO Technic™. With cool vehicle designs and awesome functions, the fun goes on long after the model is built.
- Construction toys need to be tough. So, it's good to know LEGO® Technic™ sets meet the highest industry quality controls. That means building kits that connect easily every time.
- LEGO® Technic™ pieces are tested to the extreme to create toy building sets that meet the highest global safety and quality standards. Great news if you're looking for the best gifts for a LEGO fan.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
100% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating4.8out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.7out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating3.4out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating4.9out of 5 stars
- January 10th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0My favorite build thus far!CallMeSven | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAfter building several Star Wars, Disney, and other assorted Technic kits, this has been my favorite. My previous Technics build was the Lego 42100 Liebherr excavator. Comprised of 4,100 pieces and filled with motors it was a multi-day build. It’s big and expensive. However, with enthusiasm I have declared that the 42108 mobile crane coming in at just under $100 is now, without doubt, my favorite Lego build. I found myself cheering on the designer(s) of this build at almost every step. It is filled with creative and well-designed features. The way the crane arm extends is simple but wonderful. But my favorite feature, by far, of any Lego innovation is the way the wheels on this mobile crane move. As I was marveling at the turning mechanism, how the front and rear wheels move opposite each other, I was impressed. I didn’t know how this was going to play out in the final form and as I got caught up in the build I forgot about this mechanism. When I reached the end of the build and was installing the eight giant tires I wondered how this crane was to be steered? Had I looked at the final instruction page I would have known but I used my iPad instead of the instruction booklet so I never turned the page. I took the wheels in hand and carefully turned one set and then I saw it. I was stunned! The large rotating beacons on top of the crane cab turned in sync. Essentially, you turn either of the beacons to make the wheels turn. That was freaking amazing! Even though I should have seen that coming it never occurred to me this would happen. I am beyond impressed. There are three knobs that operate the crane boom. One raises the boom, one extends it, and one operates the cable. Even the outrigger stabilizers have well-designed mechanisms to deploy. Lego sets can be expensive. Some just sit there and some move in different ways. The trains are a fun build and so are the cars. But for the value and amazement of what the gears and various mechanisms do, this kit is by far the best value for the money. Sure, there’s no motors or automation and iPhone app. This is pure hands-on play with no automation. The design of this crane deserves some kind of Lego build award. Bravo! to the person or persons who designed this incredible kit.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mobile Crane
- January 1st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0akaMarkPhoto | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfCranes have been a part of the Technic range since the introduction of the first mobile crane (set 855) in 1978. Start with what could well be the only downside to those familiar with previous cranes; much that unlike all the other cranes from the original set (mentioned) to the recent Rough Terrain Crane (set 42082) and new Compact Crawler Crane (set 42097) this is only a one model set. Yes, there are other one model Technic sets, yet they tend to be the bigger, licenced sets such as the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (set 42056), Bugatti (set 42083) and Liebherr 9800 Excavator (set 42100), combined with the size/price point of this set. However, that said, and it is a big however, those familiar, and grew up with the previous sets, not just cranes, will enjoy this set. As with the Compact Crawler Crane launched in August 2019, it is back to the heart of what Technic sets are. And that is where the appeal lays; it is Technic through and through. The build took about no more than 9 hours, on and off, over several days. It is not an overly complicated build when compared to some of the newer bigger sets. It is still a sizable model, particularly when fully extended. Anyone familiar with the previous sets, will recognise the build, and that is where the enjoyment is, yet not so easy that it won’t offer an enjoyable challenge to those who are new to or wanting to get into Technic looking for something more.Build Time: 10 hrsWas this helpful?55Mobile Crane
- February 1st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fantastically designed, and a joy to build.Travisrd | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's such a cleverly designed set. It caught my eye more than anything else in the store, I couldn't leave without it. And it's even more impressive having it in front of me.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mobile Crane
- June 13th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Mobile CraneGpaJames | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Friend or Family Member's ChildI admit I bought this for my 5 year old grandson, thinking that he would have fun with it once built, and I wanted to try building something a bit more challenging. The challenge was increased by the enthusiastic assistance of my grandson, who frequently decided to put pieces together to make his own creations, after which he didn't want to give them up for the actual build. I tried working on it in the evening after he was in bed, but by then I was too tired to concentrate and twice found myself cursing Lego for errors in the instructions before realizing I was just reading them incorrectly. Sigh. Once complete however, my expectations were realized. He greatly enjoys it and all the little features built in (he loves that he can steer it!), and I enjoyed the sense of accomplishment once it was all together and working properly (much to my surprise - and my wife). A great toy and worth the price. Now.... if only the excavator was the same price!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 days 10 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mobile Crane