- LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
VIP: Get this Sailboat Adventure gift with purchases over $200*Not VIP?
No more disposable batteries! This rechargeable battery box has built-in Lithium polymer batteries for low weight and maximum power. Use it in your LEGO® Power Functions models and never have to use disposable batteries again!
- NOTE: You must use the #45517 10VDC LEGO Transformer to charge this battery box
- Motor speed can be controlled via the battery box speed control dial!
- Output voltage is 7.4 V!
75% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- April 1st, 2016Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Great quality battery, doesn't include necessitiesPurchased for: SelfI've already purchased three of the non-rechargeable battery packs (88000, and they work great!), but I wanted something that would be more convenient to recharge (So I don't have to remove it from my model each time to replace the batteries). Pros: - It did seem to come pre-charged, though I don't know how much - Definitely more powerful than the 88000 - The 7 phase power dial is really useful - It may be more expensive than the 88000, but in the long run it will be worth it as you won't need to purchase more AAA batteries Cons: - The LED's are in different spots from the 88000 (See pics), which make it annoying to see it's current status on sets - NO CHARGER (Continued below... ) I design custom trains for my collection and I'm always looking for ways to improve them, and this battery is a must for anyone who needs just that. (Continued:) I'd love to give the battery itself a full 10/10 as it stands tall with Lego's stamp of quality, but then a 0/10 for how poorly it was listed on this site, from the sheer lack of information, to the missing but simple necessity: a power supply. The description for the 8878 Battery made it sound like the power supply wasn't needed (Either included or was a common voltage), so I figured I'd have one at home or would be able to buy one locally and save money on shipping: that didn't work. The battery requires an odd voltage wall charger of 10v 700ma, which wasn't listed on this site... I didn't have one, no store locally had one, and the final annoyance with this whole ordeal, was on the instructions: as it ACTUALLY STATES "Only use an original LEGO transformer to recharge the battery"... I have never been more disappointed with a purchase from the Lego site in my entire life, I should have read the reviews... I would have still bought this item if it was $20 more and included the charger, now it will be twice that and more to order it... The entire product (8878) is essentially useless until you buy the wall charger for it, which is ALREADY overpriced for a wall charger. It's going to be a long while before I can order the wall charger, and all that time I won't even be able to use this expensive battery... I don't like writing negative reviews, believe me, I am writing this because I want Lego to improve, to do even better. I've been a builder my entire life and will continue to promote Lego as the best toy builder in the world!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?15LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
- September 7th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0add other plugs on top off motor.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfCan you add 8870 power functions Light V120 on top off power motor drive. I tried but the lights do not come on when I push the green button, the motor still works. Is cause the rechargerable battery box is not powerful enough? or needs a switch of some kind between the lights and the motor. Otherwise a great ideaSeptember 11, 2018Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review! The LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box features a speed control mechanism on the front. When used with the Power Functions Light, the speed control turns into a brightness control. So if your Battery Box is set to the lowest speed, the lights won't shine. Turn up the speed, and the lights will gradually become brighter. If that doesn't do the trick, then you can get in touch with our Customer Service team at LEGO.com/Service.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
- March 15th, 2018Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0IncompleteStacia |I see now that my issue seems to be a commonality among my other Lego enthusiasts. The (rechargeable) battery comes ill equipped without the wall charger. The fact that the pack comes at $50, which is a good chunk of change to begin with, you SHOULD expect the pack complete with the wire. Then to be disappointed when it arrives without said wire, is frustrating enough! But no, there’s more! You can ONLY use the cord from Lego at a very hefty cost of $29.99! I cannot wrap my head around the reasoning behind a complete charger / battery unite costing $80! Lego, you have disappointed us with this product decision that is lacking all the way around.Play Experience5.0Value for Money1.0Was this helpful?35LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
- July 8th, 2010Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great for Certain PeopleTurner |I would recommend this to a friend!This is a good thing if you are like me and are constantly running your trains a lot. I bought this with the Emerald Night, of course, and the 7938 Passenger Train, because the passenger train only includes a non-rechargeable version of this. Same with the new cargo train, too. The price is a little discouraging, though, but if used enough, it saves time and money, that is, if your little brothers don't destroy it before then. Another beauty is that you really only need one 10DVC transformer to recharge all of your Battery Boxes. Really, the only thing I regret is the price, but I'll soon forgive myself for that.Play Experience5.0Value for Money3.0Was this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
Shop more like this: