Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions M-Motor
Join VIP now and get a Swing Ship Ride gift with purchases over $85*Not VIP?
Build an extra medium-strength, medium-sized M-Motor into your LEGO® creations and watch things start moving!
- Use the M-Motor for speed.
- Requires battery box (Item #8881, #8878 + #45517, or #88000), not included.
86% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating4.2out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.3out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating4.1out of 5 stars
- May 10th, 2011Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Not enough POWER ??Suspet |I would recommend this to a friend!After having my Emerald Night for about a year now, I wanted to make a MOC steam locomotive. The 8882 XL-motor has more than plenty power for trains, but it's a bit bulky and requires a rather large loco body to be built into. The XL-motor can pull a train for about 3 hours on a fully charged 8878 rechargable battery box. I bought a brand new 8883 M-motor and mounted it in a wheel and gear setup similar to the Emerald Night. It runs great for almost 2 hours pulling 2 coaches, but the motor gets very warm. After cooling for about 15 minutes the motor is ready again. If used with RC , changing direction and stops will give you about 5 hours of running power on a fully charged 8878. NOT BAD AT ALL !! Reading the other reviews of this motor, I'm prepared that I might actually wear this motor out, and change it after a while, but so far, after running trains for more than 20 hours on this motor, no problems yet. Plenty power for it's size, and fantastic for trains and other power functions. The size of this motor makes it perfect for fitting into (smaller) trains.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions M-Motor
- February 7th, 2009Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Very useful motor.I would recommend this to a friend!As with the Large PF motor, the PF Medium motor is a little expensive for what it is, but is still a very useful motor. It is a perfect balance of size and performance for many applications, and attaches perfectly onto a PF linear actuator. This motor delivers twice the torque of the older 9v motors, as well as a faster rotation speed. It is also much less breakable than those older motors. The shape and size mean that it can easily fit into narrow spaces, and the new design means that it can disguise as a decorative piece anywhere on a technic model, meaning that it is much easier to motorize a technic model than it was with the 9volt motors. One of the only downsides is that the no load current consumption is very high due to the iternal gearing.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Was this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions M-Motor
- October 22nd, 2014Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Very useful motor & some advice on how to useI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA well motor that fits perfectly in small systems, allowing steering, pulley lifting and turntable turning. It is a great motor, I say again. I'm totally not complaining of its mediocre power as it is used for small tasks. Note that the motor's purpose is not to drive heavy trucks & cars and mechanical arm lifting. It is used mainly on beams that has studs on them. However, I would recommend the motor to have more holes on it's sides to enable fitting it on normal Technic beams. It is recommended for consumers to purchase the (9670 E-Motor) from Lego EDUCATION to fully understand the M-Motor's true potential of driving dreams of mechanisms.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions M-Motor
- August 14th, 2009Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Endless Possibilities.....I would recommend this to a friend!The motor itself for me is quite powerful but I don't know because I haven't gotten the XL motor yet. All you really need is the battery box and you can build a number of things such as windmills ( if you put minifigs on the windmill they spin like crazy), RC cars ( if you buy two of these motors, the IR receiver and a battery box it works great), drills ( that can tear through paper), it can also be used to clean your dusty legos if you put a q tip on a axle attached to the motor with a rubber band to keep the q tip still, and much much more. Great motor and can be used for a number of things.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions M-Motor
Shop more like this: