Get behind the wheel of the massive LEGO® Technic Arctic truck. This monster snow crawler is designed to surmount giant snowdrifts and arctic terrain. Featuring 4 huge crawler tracks for ultimate maneuverability, working front steering, massive cab with opening doors, sophisticated suspension mechanism for optimum flexibility, working crane arm with winch and hook, tipping cargo bed, and a cool bright orange and black color scheme. Experience arctic adventures with this magnificent machine! Upgrade with the 8293 Power Functions motor set (not supplied) and you have bright LED headlights plus a motorized winch and bed. This 2-in-1 model rebuilds into a Tracked Pickup Truck.
- Features a sophisticated independent suspension mechanism, working crane arm with winch, hook and cargo, 4 huge crawler tracks, working front steering, massive cab with opening doors and a tipping cargo bed
- Check out the cool, bright orange and black color scheme
- Take on the toughest arctic terrain!
- Ascend ice covered inclines
- Operate the awesome crane
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Tracked Pickup Truck
- Upgrade with the 8293 LEGO® Power Functions set (not included) for workingLED headlights, motorized crane and tipping cargo bed
- Boom reaches over 10” (26cm) into the air!
- Arctic Truck (with crane boom lowered) measures over 6” (16cm) high, 15” (40cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide
- Tracked Pickup Truck measures over 7” (20cm) high, 11” (28cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- December 1st, 2016Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Not worth the moneyDoc1984 | 25-34Purchased for: SelfSo after going down to the new Lego store in Leicester Square to get my ir kits for making my sets radio controlled and some bricks I needed they didn't have what I needed as clearly the shop is there for tourists and not for Lego enthusiasts such as myself. Anyway I thought I would look at what technics sets they had in there and this one (42038) fought my eye as I'd seen on here it's retiring. So I shelled out the £60 for it which I thought wasn't a bad price for around 1000 pieces. Low and behold I get it home and it's built in under 3 hours and the minimal functions that the power gives you is hardly worth the time adding it (at an extra cost I might add). Not much to play with either. Overall I think Lego could and should have done a lot better with this. It's a shame I can't take it back or I probably would as it's nothing like what the other sets I have are.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Arctic Truck
- February 28th, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Good Modeloakchip | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this model mainly for the new parts. But what about the truck itself? It is quite a nice model. Yes, it has some flaws, but overall it is a good model. Construction is straight forward, with some challenges for the younger modeller to make it interesting. One mistake Lego made (rare for Lego!), is to use the blue connector pegs on the steering. These are 'friction' pegs and should be replaced with the cream 'non-friction' pegs. This is in booklet 1, page 48, instruction 1. Substitute the two blue pegs in the 13-hole beam for two cream (or older grey) pegs - if you have them in your collection. The steering will work much better! The truck is very strong - you can let smaller children play with it once it is built with little worry it will all fall apart. I have scored playability a little low, as the crane is not one of its better parts. More of an afterthought, perhaps? Some reviewers have commented on the tracks not moving on smooth surfaces. Well, no they wouldn't, would they? The original style of truck is designed for snow (don't try it, please! - you can ruin your model!). The tracks need friction to work, so a carpet or similar will be needed. The look of the model is very good - different from the usual Lego helping of cars, commercial trucks, cranes, etc. in Technic. Overall it is a good value model. Price is high, but then Lego build from the best materials, to a very high standard. This is why the price is what it is - you get what you pay for!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Arctic Truck
- March 9th, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Nice model but the crane the weak spotFrancois | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe model to build is very original in term of shape and color scheme, I like bright color and orange is on the top of my list. The use of shock absorbers on the 4 track systems is very nice touch and the steering is a good idea but the steering is itself is hard, I have read a few reviews and I understand the reason (long blue connector), unfortunately the design is completed so it is for the next time and I will test the steering as I am building it.. The weak spot is the crane, like another post mentioned, the crane is almost an afterthought, I think it was too simple for this level of model. As I use the crane, I have notice there is not enough clearance so the cylinder often hit the side of bucket mostly the back end. I did find way the solve this issue, I have move the connection of the piston (the little device that push up or down the main arm of the crane) on the main arm of the crane by one hole lower. Also it would be a nice touch to have tail gate lights. I did have an extra set of red lights, so I have added those light at the end of the bucket. I would see in the future, a very similar model but bigger, self-propel, with a more complex crane and a remote to control all the actions: forward – reverse, turn, control the crane movement and the bucket in the same fashion as for the Volvo front loader. I understand that the price will be much higher but it we would it worth. Overall, fun to build, innovative design and great colors and I send my congratulation to all involves in the creation of this new model. Long live legoPlay ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 15 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Arctic Truck
- January 1st, 2015Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great looking truck fromt AFOLMiscman | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI really love the look of this set with its great orange and black theme. It's a pretty good sized model for the price too. Functionally it leaves a bit to be desired. First, the tracks can't be rolled on a smooth surface, they just skid along. Rolling it on carpet or a towel works fairly well. The steering takes a lot of force to turn, it kind of feels like you are putting strain on the small knob and gears to get it to turn. The crane is as minimal as it gets. Its reach is somewhat limited and hard to actually drop the cargo in the bed. Also there is no gearing to make the crane turn, you simply grab it and twist to the desired position. Despite these short comings This is a great set. The look is awesome, the B model looks exceptional for a B model, and it has a lot of useful and nice parts (in orange!). Highly recommend getting this set!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Arctic Truck