16th August, 2022: In celebration of the new LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts Express™ Collector’s Edition set, the LEGO Group is offering fans the opportunity to win the chance to play, build and stay on a real LEGO Hogwarts Express train.
Open to families (two adults and two children) the competition winners will get to take part in a magical adventure along one of the United Kingdom’s most beautiful heritage railway lines. The one-night experience also includes playing with the new LEGO® Harry Potter Hogwarts Express set, a movie screening and a luxury stay in a bespoke carriage, peppered with moments of LEGO and Harry Potter magic.
The prize includes:
• A ride and overnight stay on the LEGO Hogwarts Express train in Yorkshire, United Kingdom
• Dinner and breakfast in the Great Station Hall
• Overnight stay in the Hogwarts Express Common Room Carriage
• Harry Potter Movie screening
• Return travel to Yorkshire to join the train
• Plenty of LEGO Harry Potter sets to play with and the LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express set to take home
The new LEGO set measures a whistle blowing 118cm long and is your ticket to a magical LEGO adventure. Rich in details both inside and out, the model includes the steam engine, the coal car, the passenger car featuring light up bricks, and a spectacular replica of Platform 9 ¾, which can be attached in several different places. The full train sits on a track-display-base and includes a turning lever to activate the wheels.
This set features an impressive twenty LEGO minifigures inspired by four fan-favourite film moments, including the golden trio - Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, and a never before seen before adult LEGO Harry Potter.
Uncover iconic scenes and quotes from the movies that all link to the train or the platform as you build a magical LEGO Harry Potter world. The set will transport you through the journey from when Harry, Ron and Hermione first meet in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, through to when Albus Severus Potter goes to Hogwarts in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
Marcos Bessa, LEGO Designer commented: “The Harry Potter movies ignite that feeling of magic within us all. When we were working on this set, we wanted to bring to life different moments from across the movies. Whether your favourite is the original trio meeting on the train or moments from movies later in the series, this set really brings back spellbinding memories from all of our favourite parts of the Harry Potter films.”
The LEGO Harry Potter™ Hogwarts Express ™ Collector’s Edition set is priced at the recommended retail price of £429.99 / €499.99 / $449.99 and is available from 31st August 2022 via LEGO Stores and www.lego.com/hogwarts-express, where you can also find out more and enter the competition. To enter the competition you have to be a LEGO VIP member (which is free to join) and answer a series of questions. Find out more at www.lego.com/VIP
Notes To Editors
FURTHER PRODUCT INFO: LEGO® HARRY POTTER HOGWARTS EXPRESS COLLECTOR’S EDITION SET (SKU: 76405)
- Age – 18+
- The model measures:
-- 118cm (length)
-- 20,8cm (width)
-- 26,8cm (height including the station)
- 5129 pieces
- Price: £429.99 / €499.99 / $449.99
- Key functions and features include:
-- The steam engine complete with a turning lever to activate the driving wheels, the coal car and the passenger car featuring three bricks that individually light up the three moments featured inside that car
-- The train sits still on a track-display-base which can be attached to a replica of the Platform 9 ¾ at different points
-- Four iconic scenes all linking to the train or platform:
- Movie 1: When the trio first meets
- Movie 3: Lupin saves Harry from the Dementor
- Movie 6: Luna saves Harry, from Draco's spell
- Movie 8: Albus Severus Potter goes to Hogwarts
-- Twenty minifigures inspired by four fan-favorite film moments:
- Movie 1: Hermione, Ron and Harry
- Movie 3: Hermione, Ron, Harry, Lupin and a dementor
- Movie 6: Luna, Malfoy and Harry
- Movie 8: Harry, Ginny and their three children, Albus Severus, Lily Luna and James Sirius
- 2 Hogwarts students: Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff student
LEGO® HARRY POTTER HOWARTS EXPRESS SET competition information
• The LEGO Group are offering three families (of up to four people, two adults and two children) the chance to play and stay on-board the LEGO® Hogwarts Express to celebrate the release of the new LEGO® set.
• To enter you must be a LEGO VIP member, which is free to join. Find out more at www.lego.com/VIP
• The competition is sponsored by LEGO System A/S
• Entry period: 16th August 2022 at 00:01 British Summer Time (“BST”) to 4th September 2022 at 23:59 BST
• Entrants must be 18+ (eighteen plus) with a eligible child aged between seven (7) and sixteen (16) and a resident of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Canada (except Quebec), USA, Japan, UK
• There are three prizes which consist of: a one-night stay on the LEGO® Hogwarts Express™ train car, including transport, for a group of up to four.
• See here for the full Official Rules.
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group’s mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through the power of play. The LEGO System in Play, with its foundation in LEGO bricks, allows children and fans to build and rebuild anything they can imagine.
The LEGO Group was founded in Billund, Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, its name derived from the two Danish words LEg GOdt, which mean “Play Well”. Today, the LEGO Group remains a family-owned company headquartered in Billund. However, its products are now sold in more than 130 countries worldwide.
For more news from the LEGO Group, information about our financial performance and responsibility engagement, please visit www.LEGO.com/aboutus.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products:
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), part of Warner Bros. Discovery Global Brands and Experiences, extends the company’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by Warner Bros.’ biggest franchises from DC, Wizarding World, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, Game of Thrones, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, and promotional partnerships, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About Wizarding World:
In the years since Harry Potter was whisked from King’s Cross Station onto Platform nine and three quarters, his incredible adventures have left a unique and lasting mark on popular culture. Eight blockbuster Harry Potter films based on the original stories by J.K. Rowling have brought the magical stories to life and today, the Wizarding World is recognised as one of the world’s best-loved brands.
Representing a vast interconnected universe, it also includes three epic Fantastic Beasts films, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – the multi-award-winning stage-play, state-of-the-art video and mobile games from Portkey Games, innovative consumer products, thrilling live entertainment (including four theme park lands) and insightful exhibitions.
This expanding portfolio of Warner Bros. owned Wizarding World tours and retail also includes the flagship Harry Potter New York, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter, Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo, and the Platform 9 3⁄4 retail shops.
The Wizarding World continues to evolve to provide Harry Potter fans with fresh and exciting ways to engage. For the worldwide fan community, and for generations to come, it welcomes everyone in to explore and discover the magic for themselves.
WIZARDING WORLD and all related trademarks, characters, names, and indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Publishing Rights © JKR. (s22)