[18th July 2019] LEGO brick fans are in for a treat this Christmas as The LEGO Group is bringing two new stores to Birmingham’s Bull Ring and Southampton West Quay Shopping Centre, opening in time for the Christmas season.
These brand-new LEGO stores will have the widest selection of the latest LEGO sets and a whole host of exciting play experiences, activities and events only available instore:
- Brick Specialists - whether you’re picking out a gift, looking for the latest set, or bringing in your family LEGO fan for a special treat, Brick Specialists can help you find a set that’s the perfect fit
- Pick & Build Wall - choose the bricks and elements you want in all different shapes and colours. Grab a cup and fill it up with whatever pieces you choose!
- Digital Box - where you can scan almost any boxed LEGO set and see the model come to life in 3D! There’s no better way to test drive a set than seeing the finished product right before your eyes
- Hands-on play opportunities, including free build challenges and events each month
- Build a Minifigure Tower where you can mix and match from a wide selection of bottoms, tops, heads, hair pieces and accessories to customize your own minifigures
What’s more, these fresh new LEGO stores will offer the full range of exciting new products only available direct from LEGO stores and shop.lego.com, including the likes of LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside Down, LEGO Creator Expert Harley Davidson Fatboy, plus many more.
And if that was not enough, The new stores will also offer plenty of benefits for LEGO VIP members including exclusive VIP gifts with purchase, double-points events and much more.
Alison Wood, LEGO Stores UK, Benelux & Scandinavia District Senior Manager said, “Builders of all ages can visit and be inspired by the endless play opportunities inside our new LEGO stores in Birmingham and Southampton. Whether you’re 1 or 100 there is something for you to get excited about.”
The LEGO Store Birmingham and the LEGO Store Southampton will be opening their doors during the run up to Christmas, with the exact the date of each grand opening set to be announced soon.
Notes to Editors
- Also in Q4 2019, The LEGO Group will be opening the following LEGO Stores in Europe:
- Netherlands - Amsterdam flagship store
- Netherlands – Utrecht brand store
- France – Marseille brand store
For further information please contact the LEGO press office: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)20 3128 6600
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Billund, Denmark, and main offices in Enfield, USA, London, UK, Shanghai, China, and Singapore. Founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and based on the iconic LEGO brick, it is one of the world's leading manufacturers of play materials.
Guided by the company spirit: "Only the best is good enough”, the company is committed to the development of children and aims to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative play and learning. LEGO products are sold worldwide and can be virtually explored at www.LEGO.com.
For more news from the LEGO Group, information about our financial performance and responsibility engagement, please visit www.LEGO.com/aboutus.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, DUPLO, BIONICLE, LEGENDS OF CHIMA, DIMENSIONS, the FRIENDS logo, the MINIFIGURES logo, MINDSTORMS, MIXELS, NINJAGO and NEXO KNIGHTS are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2019 The LEGO Group.