Get a LEGO® McLaren Elva as a gift with purchases over £40*Learn more
Do you have a passion for music? Do you like to relax by focusing on a fun, hands-on project in your free time? If so, this incredible LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano model kit (21323) is just the creative activity for you.
Beautiful and playable
Feel the pride of building a sophisticated, brick-built version of a concert grand piano that you can actually play music with! Recreate the hammer action of each piano key, the moving pedal and authentic details such as the propped-open top lid and fallboard. Turn on the motor and then you are all set to play wonderful music – select user play on the free LEGO Powered Up app to play the notes yourself or activate auto play and just listen.
LEGO sets for your lifestyle
Take some time out and enjoy creating a LEGO musical masterpiece to display in your home or workplace. Part of a collection of LEGO building sets for adults, it makes a truly special birthday present or Christmas gift for yourself, the musician, piano player or hobbyist in your life.
- Drum roll please as we proudly introduce the first-ever, playable LEGO® Grand Piano! Experience the hands-on pleasure of creating a highly sophisticated LEGO concert piano model and then play beautiful music with it.
- The LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano (21323) has a removable 25-key keyboard, authentic hammer action, moving dampers and pedal, and motor. Combined with the LEGO Powered Up app, you can play a tune yourself or automatically.
- Revel in the authentic design details of this beautiful model, from the top lid that can be propped up just like a real grand piano’s, to the opening fallboard and piano leg wheels, plus a height adjustable bench.
- If you are looking for a creative DIY project, this 3,662-piece model building kit is ideal for you. So, take some time out and click your stress away with a rewarding challenge that will leave you feeling revitalized.
- The piano measures over 8.5” (22.5cm) high, 12” (30.5cm) wide and 13.5” (35.5cm) deep when closed. A stylish item for your home or workplace, it also makes a cool gift for musicians, music-lovers, pianists and hobbyists.
- To power up the grand piano’s self-playing function, you’ll need 6 AAA batteries (not included) and the free LEGO® Powered Up app – choose 'user play' to play the notes yourself or 'auto play' to listen to 1 of 4 songs.
- Clear instructions help you to build with confidence and really enjoy the process, even if you are a LEGO® newcomer. Also included is a coffee-table-style booklet about this grand piano set’s fan designer and more.
- This LEGO® Ideas building set for adults is part of a collection of inspiring model kits designed for the discerning hobbyist who relishes an immersive, hands-on DIY project.
- Since 1958, LEGO® building bricks have met the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to meet exacting safety and quality standards, so you can be sure that this collectible grand piano model is as robust as it is beautiful.
- August 5th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Raced Through ItNonoLego |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOverall, I am quite happy with my purchase of this beautiful piano 5 minutes before it was released. The process was quite straightforward and I didn't have any difficulties racing through it as I had memorised the instructions for majority of the piece with my pianistic memory. I am definitely happy with the result, although I would say the mechanics need some time to loosen up for the keys to work smoothly. I love the overall size, although @Lego, this is considered a Baby Grand rather than a Grand Piano, maybe consider enlarging the product into a 9-foot concert grand next time? But overall I love it and am happy that I stayed up to get it!28 August 2020Natasha, LEGO® Customer ServiceGreat to hear you enjoyed building this set, and thanks for your feedback on the name. A 9-foot piano model might be a bit too grand for a LEGO® set, but we'll make sure to keep the naming tip in mind!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Grand Piano
- August 3rd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Wonderful detail, iffy mechanicsI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI guess I lucked out and hit my local Lego store at the right time to purchase this Grand Piano. I saw it advertised on a classical FM Facebook page and knew I had to get it. Construction was smooth, if a little tedious due to the repetition of making 25 working keys. The overall look of the piano is amazing and true to detail. My only complaint is in the mechanics. The motor doesn't always turn the spindle for the key movement and will get stuck. There is a function to reset the keys to a neutral position and that doesn't work. The motor also has a very high pitched whining noise that takes away from the enjoyment of the music. Regardless, i highly recommend this model if you can find it.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 12 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Grand Piano
- August 18th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Stunning piece of artAuckDoc1 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have built many of the Creator and Ideas series, and this is by far my favourite Lego build... period. The detail is exquisite: the counterweight key action with hammers, the dampers, the sostenuto pedal, the little lip on the edge of the keys, the little red 'felt' band on the keyboard, such attention to detail shines through every step. The amount of SNOT work is astonishing. You can tell this was designed by a pianist. Yes the building of the keyboard was a little repetitive, but I worked a system for rapidly building the keys. I agree with some of the reviews that it is not actually 'playable'. Come on, it's a Lego model, think what would be involved to add a sensor to every single key to actually play it. Perhaps slightly misleading of the way it's advertised, but not a reason to give 1 star. To the reviewers who complain about the motor making a noise - what do you expect, it's a motor. Some have said their motor and keyboard don't work and get stuck, I've not experienced that, and it resets to a flat keyboard absolutely fine. To the reviewers who give 1 star because it was out of stock -- ????? Hardly a product review. This is an amazing build - but I guess more so if you have an interest in pianos.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 5 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Grand Piano
- October 12th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Best Ideas set so far! A+++I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is definitely the best LEGO Ideas set they’ve released since the beginning. It is amazingly detailed all the way to the working piano key. It is very sturdy and super easy to move around. It looks amazing on display. People have told me that they mistook it for a real piano when seen in a picture. The biggest flaw is that the added sound effects are not well designed. Sometimes the keys won’t move when you use the Listen option. If you try to reset the keys, it may take a few tries before it works. What I also don’t like is that they keys make hardware noise when using the play option. And lastly, I constantly here a never ending beep when I use either option. If I had to judge it solely on the design and building experience, I would give it an A+. Maybe the app team could work on an update which would fix the bugs. But overall, I really enjoyed building it. I highly recommend it for any LEGO fan.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 6 hrs 50 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Grand Piano