Take to the skies for aerial firefighting adventures with the awesome 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic Fire Plane! This impressive model is packed with authentic details and features, including a detailed 2-cylinder engine, joystick-controlled elevators and ailerons and large pontoons. Watch the 3-blade propeller and engine pistons spring to life as you maneuver the mighty aircraft into takeoff position, then power over the ocean's surface and soar into the air. When you reach the blaze, activate the cool water drop function to release the water cubes and extinguish the flames. It's just like the real thing! Comes with a striking red and white color scheme and a selection of cool stickers. When you're done fighting wildfires, rebuild the Fire Plane into a high-speed Jet Plane.
- Features a spinning propeller, detailed 2-cylinder engine with moving pistons, water drop function with water cube elements and movable elevators and ailerons
- Check out the cool red and white color scheme!
- Spinning propeller and moving pistons
- Joystick-controlled elevators and ailerons
- Perform massive water drops!
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Jet Plane
- Fire Plane measures over 6” (17cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 17” (44cm) wide
- J et Plane measures over 5” (14cm) high, 14”(38cm)long and 7” (19cm) wide
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over £50!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
Importer to the UK from 1 January 2021:
LEGO Company Limited
33 Bath Road
Slough SL 1 3UF
- March 22nd, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The FIRE PLANE!MrPaulo23 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOne of my random builds and my second official airplane set from Lego Technic, it is a cool set, the build is pretty straightforward with clear instructions meaning you won't get to interchange black and grey parts somewhere in the build. The stickers that now come almost mandatory to every Technic set doesn't feel cheap, they have a high quality finish and these stickers are the also thick. Being a secondary set to the 42025 Cargo Plane this 42040 Fire Plane comes with 2 neat functions, the drop function for taking out fires with simulated "water" bricks (8 of the clear blue rounded bricks) and the rotor/boxer engine tandem. You roll the wheels and that boxer engine propels the the propeller but not for long because this set is one of those ""purely" technic sets, not power functions or hydraulics just old-fashioned hand operation of the mechanical function. It's not boring actually it's like an introduction at how things work and can present one with the idea of what I can use that approach to one of my builds? The set has an ascending attitude on it probably because it's a water-based aircraft so each time you rolls it, it gives that feel that the plane is taking of the water and ready to drop of water wherever there is a fire. Overall shape of the set is realistic as with most Technic sets but having owned only 1 airplane set prior to this set might explain why I like this set so much, you should get one and let your inner fireman fly to your dreams. I don't like the gaps in the set so did some sections and I also don't like the 3-blade design so I added another 3 blades and it looks even better! Those are my only complaints on this set. Having watched Pixar's Planes, this set reminds me of Dusty Crophopper from that film, could it be that Lego's designers took inspiration from that film? That would be very cool but the set is already cool, so go watch Planes and Planes Fire and Rescue while playing this and that kid in you will want to fly it!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Fire Plane
- August 30th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0DH-3 Otter comes to lifeDrSmith | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI saw this model on Saturday in the Lego Store and thought it looked great, being life-like and probably having realistic functions. I spent about three-four hours building it with the obligatory cup of tea. It is an advanced model, and you need to take care and follow the instructions carefully. I managed to get the water bomb door release wrong, as I used the wrong axle length for the push-stick, but had no problems rectifying that. This is an excellent model, well detailed with working control surfaces, engine, prop and the fun bit, which is the water bomb payload door. It now takes pride of place on my sideboard. I especially like the thought that has gone into designing the yoke and control mechanism for the flaps and ailerons; it's discrete and works perfectly. I really like the way LEGO are making their Technic models look very realistic. Anyone who likes planes and Technic models generally will love this. It's excellent value for money as well, considering a lot of the parts could be used to make your own aircraft designs. Recommended!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Fire Plane
- August 8th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Deh Plane!SquadDriver | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAnother fun build with an awesome outcome. I know some people don't care for the stickers, but man, if you take the time to put them on right, it just looks fantastic. When the plane is rolled the prop comes to life, spinning at a nice rate, and the twin cylinder engine springs in to action. I thought the metallic exhaust pipes were a really nice touch. This is a great looking plane for collectors like me or for the kid on all of us. (That means the play factor is high) It's put together tightly, so no worries about parts falling off while flying it around the house. Everybody laughs when I trip the hidden button and the "water" comes falling out the bottom! Words of wisdom: You know how with Technic sets you mount the gears and wheels a little loose to be sure everything runs smooth? That's all very true with the prop and wheel gearing. However, when installing the the hardware for the ailerons and elevator, don't be afraid to make them snug. I built them a little loose on my Cargo Plane, and they move a bit too easily. I made them snug on this plane, and they don't move unless you want them to move. Second, I got tripped up once during the build. I didn't notice that the instructions had the wing flipped over for application of a long red brace. I was nearly done with my build when I noticed I did it wrong, and it was quite difficult getting things disassembled enough to make it right. Don't do that. Another home run for Lego, but then again I have yet to own a Lego set that isn't. Since I appear to be the first reviewer, I'll advise you to get this plane! It's awesome!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Fire Plane
- May 9th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Funcloud19 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfMy two year old was starting to show an interest in planes and I have an interest in technic so why not get this set. It turns out that my son loved the set more than I expected. He loves that the prop turns with pushing the plane on the ground. Then he loves dropping the lego water bricks as well as flipping open the lid to refil. The control stick is beyond him at the moment, but I appreciate it. All in all more replay value than I was expecting. A fun model with some interesting building techniques.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Fire Plane