Enjoy a rewarding build-and-play experience with this robust and detailed 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic Container Yard set, featuring an articulated truck with working steering, opening doors, detachable trailer and two loadable containers, plus a container loader with working steering and extendable boom with working grabber. This set can be rebuilt to create a Container Straddle-Carrier with truck and container. Both models can be built using the free interactive, 3D digital LEGO Building Instructions app, available online.
- Features an articulated truck with working steering, opening doors, detachable trailer and two loadable containers, plus a container loader with working steering and an extendable boom with working grabber.
- Truck features a blue and white color scheme.
- Container loader features an orange and black color scheme.
- Steer the articulated truck into position.
- Operate the loader's boom to grab the containers and lift them into position.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 9+.
- Free interactive, 3D Digital LEGO® Building Instructions app available online for both A and B models. Ask your parents' permission.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Container Straddle-Carrier with truck and container.
- Truck with trailer measures over 4” (11cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Container loader with boom extended measures over 9” (23cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide, and over 3” (10cm) high and 9” (23cm) long with boom retracted.
- Each container measures over 1” (5cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
- Container Straddle-Carrier (fully extended) measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (11cm) long and 9” (24cm) wide, and over 6” (17cm) high and 4” (11cm) wide when retracted.
- Container Straddle-Carrier truck with container measures over 3” (9cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide, and over 2” (7cm) high without the container.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over £50!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- April 7th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Overall, this set is just funSparkyKen | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!The set goes together easily, once built the two vehicles are really fun to play with. The cargo containers can be manipulated easily by the loader. The boom on the lift is adjustable and telescopes, a very nice design. Almost as fun as the Telehandler. This kit is the start of a really nice airport for me. Great design and excellent playability, much recommended.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard
- June 24th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great SetBrodiess | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set was one of my favourite builds, and I can continue to play this set with the kids for hours after the build was complete!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard
- September 30th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Packs a lot of play into a simple ideaCraigV | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfCons: The truck is lacking - 3 axles instead of 2 would be better, plus 2 instead of 1 on the trailer. Truck steering is limited, too. Containers too thin, scale is off with the truck trailer. Pros: Easy build, simple, mechanics work well, play value is good (5 year old enjoyed loading and unloading containers for a while after it was done). Colours are pleasing and the models look good together. Value: I paid AUD$71.20. Although discounted from the $89.95 RRP, it's still on the upper limit of what feels reasonable. Overall: I'm glad I bought it. The build was my first in 20 years to test the water. Now, I'm going to spend an uncomfortable amount of money on bigger sets!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard
- July 24th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A great multi-part kitdarkshadow79 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this with some trepidation as to any challenge involved, but since I collect just about every set that is released, it was on my list, even I prefer the larger builds. Sometimes the smaller sets just really surprise you with their features, different ways to use Lego elements, etc. I was thoroughly impressed with the 42057 Ultralight Helicopter and even a >200 piece model can really end up being a lot of fun, not only the build, but the playability. Getting back to the 42062 Container Yard, it has enormous playability, both A and B models. The truck w/ flatbed trailer is rather simple but it holds the containers perfectly inside its 'rails'. What I had the most fun with is the container stacker. While I figured it would be like the 42061 Telehandler kit that was also released earlier this year, it really wasn't. Its a bit scaled down size-wise. Extending and retracting the boom with the attachment component on the end was brilliant, especially the T-pieces that you have to line up with with the holes in the top of each of the 2 containers. Driving the stacker to the flatbed truck and its actually harder than you think to correctly drop and place the containers on the flatbed, which adds to the fun. Many times you have to back up and give it another go forward. Replay value = over and over. Not a set you would get bored with easily. Even for a middle-aged adult who has loved Technic for nearly 2 decades, I have had loads of fun with this process and with the set in general, as would the target age range of 8-14 yrs. I believe it is worth the money, and I highly recommend purchasing this kit. Plus, you can build the alternate model, which I haven't done, having too much fun with the main model.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard