Reach supersonic speeds with this huge, aerodynamic LEGO® Technic Air Race Jet, featuring a blue, black and red color scheme with racing stickers and an array of intricate technical details and motorized functions, including an adjustable jet nozzle for vertical or horizontal takeoff position, hatch access to a spinning fan, opening fuselage, retractable undercarriage, and adjustable flaps. Manual functions include working front steering, movable tail rudders and an opening cockpit. This robust and highly detailed 2-in-1 model has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding build-and-play experience and can be rebuilt to create a Private Jet.
- Includes a LEGO® Power Functions motor for an array of motorized functions, including an adjustable jet nozzle, opening fuselage, retractable undercarriage and adjustable flaps, plus working front steering, movable tail rudders and an opening cockpit.
- Check out the blue, black and red color scheme with cool racing stickers.
- Activate the LEGO® Power Functions and adjust the jet nozzle for vertical takeoff.
- Open the fuselage doors, lower the undercarriage and prepare for landing.
- Perform supersonic aerial maneuvers.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set includes over 1,100 pieces and offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 10-16.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Private Jet.
- Batteries not included.
- Air Race Jet measures over 9” (23cm) high, 22” (58cm) long and 14” (36cm) wide.
- Private Jet measures over 8” (22cm) high, 24” (61cm) long and 20” (53cm) wide.
- September 12th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Superb set with fabulous instructions!PMac |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst of all, this is the first time I've had a LEGO set for nearly 40 years. After watching LEGO Masters on TV, I looked online out of curiosity and saw the Technic range. Instantly I knew I had to have a go at building one. I settled on the Air Race Jet and I wasn't disappointed. The set offered a challenge whilst the instructions (which are unbelievably good!) kept me on the right track. The set is bigger than I imagined and remarkably sturdy (even for my clumsy hands), the working undercarriage and VTOL power functions are excellent. This may have been my first Technic set but certainly won't be my last. I am already planning my next big build and consider myself to be a confirmed AFOL!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 14 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet
- January 25th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0VTOL - Very Thoughtful Of LegoIanH |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs someone who works on the real F-35 (JSF) aircraft, this was a must have kit. The model is not a bad likeness to the real thing but does look odd with no rear wings (horizontal stabilisers) - Minor gripe. Build is quite straight forward and I like the way they've incorporated the motor/control box into the main fuselage. The undercarraige is a little flimsy and you really need to make sure its at the end of the travel or it has a habit of belly-flopping. Nice touch with the controls (side sticks) in the cockpit and the limited edition 40 year brick.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Air Race Jet
- June 12th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazing functions and a beauty!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI really enjoyed this build, you can really tell they thought deep on the individual functions. It's very similar to an F-35B aircraft with a lift fan and re-directional nozzle. If you choose to build the normal jet version: just with one flip of a button it can open up the lift fan, spin the blades, lower the flaps and nozzle. Another switch allows it to auto gear up or gear down. That's truly amazing from a lego. Another surprise is that this kit is a 2-in-1 build so you can also do another version of the aircraft: a private jet. I prefer the look of the private jet, although doesn't have that cool function of the Vertical take-off and Landing like the jet race version, it does have spinning engine blades and gear up/down option. I would highly recommend this!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet
- December 17th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Another must-have Technic set!Officer |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe Technic design team really nailed this design. Designing a vehicle with power functions and gearing is one thing... to do it in an aircraft, maintain a sleek appearance, and fit all the gearing and motors inside? That's simply amazing. I would consider this a challenging build. You definitely need to pay attention to each piece, its location, and connection points. It was fun though to construct and definitely felt rewarding. The play factor is decent. You do need to hold it a bit carefully. This set is more of a display piece. Some things you might not notice from the box picture: 1. When the motor is on, the fans on top and below are spinning. 2. When you use the VTOL control, the bays on top and bottom will open up revealing the fans spinning. The rear engine will also point down. 3. The landing gear control will raise and lower the gear and once lowered it remains decently locked. 4. You have front nose wheel control and rudder control via knobs. 5. Remember, this is a challenging build! I would suggest assisting anyone who isn't a teen with this set. Overall, this set has entered my top 10 of LEGO products.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Air Race Jet