Scream around the circuit in the lightning-fast 24 Hours Race Car! This robust, immaculately detailed LEGO® Technic model has all the features of a real-life race car, including a detailed V8 engine with moving pistons, opening gull-wing doors, all-round independent suspension, working front steering, high fenders and an opening front trunk and engine hood. Put on your racing gloves and step on the gas! Upgrade with the 8293 Power Functions motor set (not supplied) and you have bright LED headlights plus motorized gull wing doors and engine cover. This 2-in-1 model rebuilds into a SUV Racer.
- Features a detailed V8 engine with moving pistons, opening gull-wing doors, all-round independent suspension, working front steering, high fenders and an opening hood and engine cover
- Check out the cool green, white and black color scheme with racing decals
- Scream around the circuit!
- Step on the gas!
- Feel the power from the high-performance V8 engine
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into an SUV Racer
- Upgrade with the 8293 LEGO® Power Functions set (not included) for working LED headlight plus motorized gull-wing doors and engine hood.
- 24 Hours Race Car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 18” (48cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide
- SUV Racer measures over 6” (16cm) high, 15” (39cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide
- September 1st, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Team Wabra does it again! Best Race Car set yet!MrPaulo23 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have to say that this is one of the most gorgeous looking sets the Technic design team has ever put up. The set is clearly a rendition of Le Mans Prototype racers we see in magazines and TVs and the actual event itself so when I first heard Lego is making one I knew I needed to have one, the wait and money is well worth it too. Pros - First ever Le Mans car from Technic, and Lego has executed the design very well, I'm not a big fan of the actual race but I know the LMP (Le Mans Prototype) racers are very cool, low slung, wide, long with large rear wings and this set has all those details. - A welcome design to any Lego fan, we normally see Lego come up with truck, crane, wrecker, sports car, F1, even hot rod but never with a Le Mans-themed car. - Color choice, the light green is exclusive to this set, I have the lime green Formula Off-Roader but this one is over the top cool, blended with white as the secondary color and complemented by an assortment of different colored parts from the Lego pallet, you end up with a car that is go fast green. - I'm not a big fan of stickers but this time, the stickers actually help make it look more interesting as cars of this class usually display decals from the automaker and its sponsors so that's a plus for me. - Mechanicals of the set, a fairly simple approach using RWD mid-engine set-up and the suspension system also takes the same approach too, simple and low slung, like the real thing this set is only meant to be played in a bump-free surface. It doesn't use any linear actuators, just beams and gears. I love the new transmission pieces, they are sturdier. - Staying true to the actual car, the designer also made it sure that this set's underbody is as flat and clean as it can and the set has a good steering mechanism too. Cons: - The smooth surface is interrupted by a single 13M beam at the engine cover, I made some modifications to make it look smoother. - Corrugated pipe that simulates the engine pipe is very hard to connect with the blue friction pin, I suggest using a 2M red cross axle or 3M grey cross axle instead. It could've used another pair of the pipes to simulate a more powerful looking engine. - The set looks better with 6-spoke wheel design so inverted mine and it looks like an LMP ready to go racing in the streets! - the mounting point for the PF motor is so tight only an M-motor will fit perfectly without touching the transmission lever, I wish it was quite bigger so I can put an L-Motor; PF parts are quite hard to integrate with the set, as such I think an adult's supervision will be required is a younger kid will be playing this set. I still recommend getting this set because its not everyday that you get a Le Mans-inspired Lego Technic set. If Lego will make another one, I'm sure to buy that but until that happens this is the real deal! I can just spend hours looking at it with how an LMP is immaculately transformed into a Lego.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 12 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?5524 Hours Race Car
- October 24th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Incredible fun, fantastic build.nextxpertbiluder | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfHands down this was one of my favorite Lego Technic build. It was a gift for my birthday because of my love for LMP1 cars and Le Mans style racing. The build was challenging but rewarding. The colors look great and the profile of the car is neat too. I wish the 8293 power functions set came with this but I guess it will be worth traveling 2.5 hours to our nearest Lego store and purchase it.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?5524 Hours Race Car
- January 9th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Best Lego Technic Set My Son Has Bought!Yvette | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonThis is the best Lego set he has built, very exciting to build, overall set is incredible and very big. Functions are fun even without power functions which are bought separately. Well worth its money.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrs 50 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?5524 Hours Race Car
- January 10th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.024 Hour Race CarSquadDriver | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was one of those sets... Do I like it enough to own it? The quick answer is YES, now that I have it. The long answer is: I wasn't sure until I started building. Once again, something that looked nice on the website turned in to something awesome. The car is quite large, being almost as wide as the Tumbler. The build was fairly easy and highly enjoyable. I built this set as a warm-up before the Arocs, and I allowed myself plenty of time to enjoy it before the next build. The color scheme is pretty cool, and the suspension and steering are very smooth. I really enjoy the stickers inside the wheels. I thought they'd be really tough to put on, but with a pair of tweezers and a little patience, they just look incredible. Raising the rear deck is smooth and impressive. I love the square look of the car, and the little doghouses for the front lights are fun to build and look cool. I especially like the look of the fenders. It's fairly light weight and very tough. While not looking where I was going one morning, I kicked the front end and the car went sailing halfway across the room. The right, front tire came off and a headlight went missing for a while, but once I found all the parts it was an easy fix. I love the big, fat, low profile tires too. So yeah, I'm really glad I got this one! Even while just sitting on a desk, it looks like it's going 120 mph! It's big and it's bad, and was a very fun build.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?5524 Hours Race Car