Get set for a historic race with LEGO® Speed Champions versions of the stunning 2016 Ford GT and 1966 Ford GT40 endurance cars. Each car features space for a racing driver minifigure, wheels with rubber tires, removable windshields and iconic details. With a race marshal minifigure plus a victory podium with a gold-colored trophy and checkered flag element, there’s everything needed to role-play a modern vs. classic 24-hour race. Includes three minifigures.
- Includes three minifigures: 2016 Ford GT racing driver, 1966 Ford GT40 racing driver and a race marshal.
- The race-ready, buildable 2016 Ford GT and 1966 Ford GT40 cars each feature a minifigure cockpit, wheels with rubber tires, removable windshield, plus authentic colors, design details and race-graphics stickers.
- The victory podium features play-starting elements including a checkered flag and a gold-colored trophy.
- Racing driver minifigures have authentic 2016 and 1966 race suit decoration.
- Accessory elements include two racing driver helmets and the race marshal’s flag.
- This set offers an age-appropriate build and play experience for ages 7+.
- 2016 Ford GT measures over 1” (4cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- 1966 Ford GT40 measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Victory podium measures over 2” (6cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 1” (3cm) deep.
- June 11th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Nice little setI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfReally pleased with this little set. I felt that both the cars were nicely detailed, however the GT-40 could have been a bit more rounded in its design. Nice features on both the cars with the spoilers moving on the Ford GT and the nose of the 40 pivoting. Love the three mini figures, especially the retro race suit mini figure. Would recommend for any Ford, or car enthusiast. The build time was a leisurely hour and a half. Great looking sticker sets for both the cars and a nice little podium.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?452016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40
- March 27th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Lego knocked it out of the park !!!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFor a kid who grew up playing with lego, and the adult who plays with Fords I loved this. Lego knocked it out of the park, and I think I am hooked. The set looks great and helps get you through the Michigan winter when the big toys are locked up because of snow.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?552016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40
- May 20th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A great setI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA very nice display set. Lego, please do more sets like that this show a snapshot of the history of the cars. You've done this recently with the excellent ultimate Ferrari Garage, so more please! As with all Speed Champions, they have a lot of stickers which isn't everyone's taste, but I have no trouble with them, as working in engineering for over 20 years I delight in fine detail of all types. I do often find the manuals and sticker sheets folded in half in the boxes which devalues the feel slightly, but overall, and excellent set.Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?552016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40
- February 22nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A Must for any Ford FanI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe press pictures don't do these models enough justice; these models are even better in person! Nice attention to detail, given the size and scale we’re dealing with. They’re lighter than the Mustang GT, but just as durable. As with any modern race car, there is little ground clearance, so play on anything than a hard surface is not recommended. Take care when placing the wheels on the GT40; if they’re pushed all the way on, the wheels won’t spin as freely. Still more decals than I would like, but that seems to be the trend with this series. I do wish Lego would find a better way to package the decals, as they always seem to arrive bent or wrinkled. All-in-all, this set makes a wonderful addition to the Mustang GT, Raptor, and Model A Hot Rod Ford family.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?552016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40