Turn screen time into creativity timeShare your kid’s love of music as they direct, produce and star in music videos featuring musical characters and cool effects.
It’s easy to get startedDownload the VIDIYO™ app to choose music, scan the minifigure and BeatBits, then customise and perform with the HipHop Robot.
LEGO® VIDIYO™ HipHop Robot BeatBox
Share music videos safely
Avatars and app-generated usernames keep users anonymous.
Enjoy peace of mind online
All video uploads and comments are moderated.
Parents stay in control of what their child can access.
Lots to discover
BeatBox includes 14 random BeatBits and 2 special BeatBits.
Unlock cool content
Each BeatBit unlocks exciting effects when scanned.
Customise videos with BeatBits
Discover over 90 BeatBits to collect across the range.
Expand the bandWith 12 Bandmates, 6 BeatBoxes and over 90 BeatBits to collect, there’s lots to explore in the LEGO® VIDIYO™ universe.
The LEGO® VIDIYO™ app is compatible with selected iOS and Android devices. Please check compatibility at www.LEGO.com/devicecheck. Children should ask parents' permission before going online.
Open up the world of music video making for kids who love to dance and perform. This LEGO® VIDIYO™ HipHop Robot BeatBox (43107) makes every playtime exciting. Download the free app to scan the music minifigure and reveal the robot’s cool stage persona. Then scan the BeatBits to unlock special effects, challenges and more as kids produce their own unique hip-hop music video, to share with other creators in the kid-safe social feed.
Portable for fun on the move
Kids will love styling the BeatBox using the LEGO pieces. They can choose from a boom box, spray can or wrench design – or make up their own. The BeatBox folds up with space to store the BeatBits and minifigure so it’s ideal for play on the go.
Create music experiences
LEGO VIDIYO sets offer a safe social play experience, helping kids become directors, producers and stars of their own music videos. See their creativity grow as they produce videos packed with musical mash-ups, fun characters, songs, dance moves and amazingeffects.
- See kids direct and star in their own music videos with the LEGO® VIDIYO™ HipHop Robot BeatBox (43107). Includes a robot minifigure, microphone accessory, 14 random BeatBits and 2 special BeatBits.
- Download the free LEGO® VIDIYO™ app to scan the minifigure and special effect BeatBits. Kids will love seeing their character come to life within their hip-hop music video.
- Scan the BeatBits in the app to unlock special effects like the bling filter that makes everything black and white except the minifigures, who become gold.
- A fun music experience for a boy or girl aged 7 and up who deserves a treat. This playset also makes a great holiday gift for any child who loves music toys, dancing and performing.
- The BeatBox measures over 3 in. (8 cm) high, 2 in. (7 cm) long and 3 in. (10 cm) wide.
- The BeatBox folds up so kids can take their musical world on tour, wherever they go. Inside the BeatBox, there’s space to store the brick-built scan stage, 16 BeatBits and the robot’s microphone.
- LEGO® VIDIYO™ sets offer a new social play experience to help boys and girls become directors, producers and music stars as they direct and share their own music videos.
- LEGO® components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet high global safety standards.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over £50!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
Importer to the UK from 1 January 2021:
LEGO Company Limited
33 Bath Road
Slough SL 1 3UF
- April 11th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Vidiyo RobotI would recommend this to a friend!My son was so excited to get the chance to test this product.. as usual for lego step by step easy instructions to follow not too many bits so easy to complete within a short period of time also ..app store down load was really easy down load to my phone and step by step video set up- what fun totally recommend the purchasePlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55HipHop Robot BeatBox
- March 7th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great idea, some kinks need to be worked out, thouJesikaK |I would recommend this to a friend!My 12 year old assembled everything in no more than 5 minutes. After that, it was the excitement for seeing what it was capable of doing. The issue is, they were kicked out of the app once and had to completely start over (which is disheartening), and then once the video played, it was like, 5 minutes and it just stopped. So, the Legos on their own, are the wonderful legos we've all grown to love. The interactive part definitely has some kinks to work out, though.8 March 2021Jane, LEGO® Customer ServiceOh no! We're sorry to hear that! Make sure your device has the required amount of storage at LEGO.build/VIDIYOApp-BV and there's no other apps running in the background. If that doesn't help, please let us know at LEGO.build/Service-BV!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?45HipHop Robot BeatBox
- March 8th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great Set; Not So Great App, But Has PotentialI would recommend this to a friend!We ordered the HipHop Robot BeatBox for my 8-year-old son, who was really excited to get it. In the box you get the Lego bricks needed to build and use the set (including 12 starter beatbits and 2 special move beatbits that make the set come to life, virtually, the beatbox container, a brick separator, and instructions. You can build three different “layouts/setups/stages” in one set. My kiddo went with the retro beatbox. Instructions are easy to follow. As always, Lego does a fantastic job of bagging the pieces to make the build a snap. If you have a Lego enthusiast in the house, you can really appreciate the following… everything folds up and is stored self-contained in the beatbox (no loose legos/mini-figures all over the floor), which is great for an on-the-go production. After building the set, your kiddo downloads the VIDIYO app from the Google Play store or the iOS App Store. Unfortunately, our VIDIYO experience was less than ideal. My son downloaded the app to his iPAD 5th generation. It’s an older device, but not ancient. Downloading took a little (there’s a lot to the app, so that’s understandable). Connecting and on-demand downloading took a while (again, there’s a lot to the app, so this is also understandable). Please note, we have a strong WiFi connection and a decent hi-speed Internet backbone. So, bandwidth wasn’t the issue. To start, your kiddo sets the robot mini-figure on the stage (the more elevated it is, the better for initial scanning). They add whichever beatbits they want on the stage walls and startup the app, which is divided into three parts (For You, Discover, and Activities). For You and Discover lets your kiddo watch videos that they and others create. Activities offers tasks/challenges. As they complete tasks, other tasks appear. You earn points to use in the ‘shop’ to buy more music, stages, and backdrops. The app has five main parts -- Social, Gallery, Play (button), Bands, and Scan. Scan is the main event. Your kiddo scans the robot/stage and, after selecting a backtrack, can interact with beats and actions throughout the video. There are tons of free, current, songs to set the video to. As the video runs, the app records in the background. The further away your kiddo gets from the stage and the initial scan, the larger the mini-figure becomes. So, we can’t wait to get outside, use the app, and have a “60-ft” 3D robot dancing in our backyard. Your kiddo can save the video locally and/or share it up to a secure server so that others can watch the creation. The “share” feature, IMHO, is both a good thing and a potentially bad thing. Other kiddos (and maybe parents too) have some great videos posted. And, your kiddo can see some amazing places that they might not otherwise see and see some of the cool creations that others make. But, caveat: parental supervision and/or educating your youngster on Internet safety will prove very important here as their video (and those that others record) can literally be shared with the world. Lego says the site is a kid-safe location. I believe them, but... always be on the safe side. In Gallery, your youngster can view saved action pics. In Bands, your kiddo gets one free, customizable band member (in addition to the mini figure) to start. They can buy more band members for about $20… welcome to the wonderful world of app microtransactions… or unlock them over time… and start a jam session. With all this in mind, unfortunately, I know we only scratched the app’s surface, as it kept crashing. My son loved the app at first and was really excited, but the continual crashes (the app, which is in preview release status, feels rushed-to-production at this point) resulted in a less-than-meh experience. Our hope is that Lego/VIDIYO irons out the app bugs in time for us to get outside and use the set… because that’s where this app will really shine -- videos recorded outdoors, with awesome backdrops and decent tunes. Just make sure you have a battery backup and a great data plan/a strong WiFi signal. ;) So, worth purchasing? I’m really on the fence. The mini-figure and stage set? Yes. It’s cool. On its own (and we have a lot of Lego sets to compare it to), I’d say it’s worth about $15 and is a nice presentation/play set. Your kiddo will definitely have fun building and playing with it, especially if they have a great imagination. The app, which, despite the “free” download, you’re basically paying for in the cost of the set? Not right now, but it’s close. The app needs work in a lot of ways, but has so much potential. Overall? I’d say, yes… but hesitantly. I’m going to give the combined set 4 stars, only because there’s no 3.5 stars, the set is cool, and the app has a lot of potential to support going outdoors (safely and socially-distanced of course ;) ) and having a really fun, creative experience (with parental supervision, of course).Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?45HipHop Robot BeatBox
- March 22nd, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Beat ItValerian70 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst of all I have not downloaded the Vidiyo App and I am actually not likely to. I know that is what they are designed for but I will admit I got these more for the Minifigures than for any interest in making music videos through the App. This does make the set seem expensive, however, if you are going to be using the Vidiyo App then you have to factor in the actual licensing costs to Universal and their Artists that make the App possible by uploading their back catalogue on there. Beyond that the set is actually pretty fun. The box itself is simple to build and even comes with a little storage box for those additional beatbit tiles. The lid for this storage compartment is decoratable and each instruction leaflet gives you three options for a design. Alternatively you could make your own from the pieces included (you do get a few spares) or raid your stash and do something truely unique. The box clips together firmly and the handle feels strongly attached. You could deifnitely use the box to transport your beatbits and minifigure around with no problems. The minifigure itself is nicely detailed and has a front and back print to the torso. The accessories reflect the figure's Vidiyo role and you can easily store the figure with accessories in place in the Beat Box. The 16 included beatbit tiles are well printed and come in a variety of colours so you can change them out based on the image on the front or their colour. Alternatively you can use them for what they are meant for - special actions within the App. Personally I think they will be a great resource for MOcs, particularly wall art or for using as book covers or vinyl album covers. Number Of Pieces: 73 Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.25 Build Time: 10 MinutesLevel of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45HipHop Robot BeatBox