Expand your LEGO® Star Wars collection with the Sandspeeder. This variant of the iconic Snowspeeder features some fascinating details, including desert camouflage elements, opening minifigure cockpit and button-activated spring-loaded shooters. There's also a toppling moisture vaporator, which any budding Sandspeeder pilot will love to use for target practice. This LEGO Star Wars toy includes 2 minifigures.
- Includes 2 minifigures: a Sandspeeder Pilot and a Sandspeeder Gunner.
- Sandspeeder features an opening minifigure cockpit, spring-loaded shooters and sand-colored camouflage elements.
- Also includes a moisture vaporator build with topple function.
- Weapons include 2 blaster pistols.
- Sandspeeder measures over 2” (6cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
- Vaporator measures over 5” (13cm) high, 1” (5cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep.
- May 12th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Looks great for a small kitRush |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOverall I was very pleased with this set. The minifigures are incredibly detailed, and although they aren’t any character in particular, their faces and helmet designs are some of the best I’ve seen. As for the speeder itself, the detail on it is top notch. It’s not very big, but the overall design doesn’t look bulky nor does it disappoint. The build itself was easy, it took me less than 2 hours to finish while casually building and watching tv. It would be a good set for a child, however there multiple very small pieces in this kit, so I recommend it only for an older child. I only have two gripes with the kit. The first is the pilot canopy. The canopy on this build is double hinged. There is a smaller canopy that fits onto the main canopy. When opening the pilot canopy it frequently pops off. It also doesn’t move very smoothly. It allows for you to display with the canopy open, however it’s not connected very well, so when you try to move it it always comes off. My second gripe is the point of the moisture vaporator. It seems pretty pointless to include it in this kit and in opinion inflates the price when it isn’t needed. Overall i was extremely happy with the kit, and it will make a nice display piece.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandspeeder™
- December 23rd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0One Giant Easter EggTheSF |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs a fan of all things Star Wars, this humble set blew me away. It may seem like an unexpected variation of a standard T-47 Airspeeder, but with the changes to the build and the history here, it’s a collectors dream. First off, this appears to be a nod to the prototype for a Sandspeeder toy that was originally planned by Kenner in the 80’s, albeit with a slightly updated color scheme. Second, anyone watching A New Hope closely will notice this is the first release of John D. Branon’s (Red Four) Helmet in Lego form. Finally, the gunner is sporting what appears to be the helmet Rey wore on Jakku in The Force Awakens. Beyond being a fun and interesting set, the little references make this a set that can be enjoyed by kids and appreciated by collectors. Recommended.Play Experience5.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 45 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandspeeder™
- March 24th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Nice relaxing buildI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is easy, fun and very detailed. The mini-figs are also very detailed.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandspeeder™
- December 2nd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0SandspeederI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe sandspeeder is a very detailed design and has great features. The opening of the whole entire roof is very fun and the moisture tower is a very neat little build. The minifigures are very detailed and on one of them the helmet looks like the helmet Rey had in the Force Awakens. A mystery about the set is were is it from? It shows jakku on the box so could it be from the battle of jakku? It also looks like an old never released Star Wars toy. It also might be from battlefront 2. This set is amazing and is my favorite $30 set.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 40 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Sandspeeder™