Children can become heroes in their own epic stories and wow their friends with Monkie Kid’s Team Dronecopter. This LEGO® Monkie Kid™ helicopter toy (80023) features 2 spring-loaded shooters and 2 detachable ‘cargo containers’ with lots of homely features inside, including bunk beds and a buildable arcade machine. The playset includes 8 minifigures and 2 figures, including Monkie Kid, Mei, Sandy, Mo the cat, Spider Queen, Mr. Tang with a Journey to the West book element and Red Son with a flyer, plus a spring-loaded ‘spider poison’ shooter for battle action.
Find clear instructions in the box and digital Instructions PLUS in the free LEGO Building Instructions app, which lets youngsters zoom in on, rotate and visualize the models as they build.
Build, play and learn
Inspired by the classic Journey to the West novel and rooted in China’s culture, LEGO Monkie Kid sets make the best gifts for kids, helping them develop creativity, bravery, resilience and optimism.
- Children can join a team of heroes and battle the Spider Queen with the fabulously detailed Monkie Kid’s Team Dronecopter (80023), plus a buildable, spring-loaded ‘spider poison’ shooter.
- Includes 8 minifigures: Monkie Kid, Mei, Mr. Tang, Huntsman, Syntax, Red Son, Spider Queen and Fei, plus Sandy and Mo the cat toy figures, with weapons and accessories for creative role play.
- This helicopter toy has 2 spring-loaded shooters and 2 detachable ‘cargo containers’ that are full of homely features, including a buildable arcade machine, bunk beds and a guitar accessory element.
- This premium-quality building kit also includes Red Son’s flyer and Mo’s cat-box-shaped flyer to boost the action play, plus a Journey to the West book element for Mr. Tang.
- Offering an immersive building experience and limitless creative play potential, this 1,462-piece, LEGO® set makes the best birthday or holiday gift toy for trend-setting kids aged 10 and up.
- The Dronecopter measures over 7.5 in. (19cm) high, 15.5 in. (39 cm) long and 15.5 in. (39 cm) wide and will look impressive displayed in any child’s bedroom between playtime adventures.
- Printed instructions are included, while Digital Instructions PLUS, available in the LEGO® Building Instructions app, lets kids save their progress and jump straight back into the build anytime.
- Collectible LEGO® Monkie Kid™ toy building sets are inspired by the Chinese legend of the Monkey King, and help children develop their creativity, resilience and optimism while having fun.
- LEGO® components meet strict industry standards to ensure they are compatible for a simple, secure connection every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are tested to the max to make sure that they meet stringent global safety standards.
- March 15th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Side-Builds Steal the Show (Drone is Cool Too!)Drustan | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA wide and varied set with ample opportunities for play and display. The side-build containers are inventive and the amount of minifigures included is fantastic with several great unique ones. BUILD: Two instructions are included, so breaking up the build or building with a friend is very easy as there are so many different things that can be built simultaneously. There is lots of variety and fun in the build, though the identical drone wings can get a little tedious, but not obnoxiously so. PLAY: There is so much going on in this set and so many spaces and play features that it is hard to run out of things to do with it. The highlight for me is ultimately the innovative container builds as they are so creative in how they pack unique spaces and features into small areas. I only wish they could be combined or added to the Monkie Kid Team Secret HQ container ship as that would show really cool cross-set play, though they work well on their own and with the drone. The drone is very fun to fly around, though with two containers attached a bit of flexing can be felt in the handle because of the weight. However, the structure is put together in such a way that I am not too worried about anything falling apart as it is pretty sturdy. DISPLAY: There is so much that comes in the set that dynamic scenarios can be made really easily. The color schemes of both the protagonists and the antagonists match really well with their other respective sets and look satisfying together. The drone is so large, however, that the shelf space needed is pretty substantial for display.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Monkie Kid's Team Dronecopter