- LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
Take command of your LEGO® models with this remote control. Add a LEGO Power Functions IR Receiver, battery box and motors (sold separately) to your LEGO creations, and then use this handy remote control to control the speed!Building Instructions
- Features a 4-channel, 7-speed, infrared remote control!
- Use the jog wheels to control your motor speed!
- Requires 3 AAA (1.5v) batteries, not included.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
81% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating4.2out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.1out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating2.6out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars
- September 13th, 2009Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0So Versatile its unvelievableDave77 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!It took quite some time to get used to but with perseverence it will make sence the more you use it. Got it originally for rate control for the Emerald Night set which really brings the set to life but then moved over to the motorised Technic Bulldoser and some of my own creations. The variable speed control brings so much to your power functions that the on/off switches of older controllers simply cannot provide. To understand the full benefit you need to see the system in operation however simply imagine the motion of a train pulling out of a station, it is slow and gradual as it builds up momentum. Similarly its arrival at the platform is a slow delcine in momentum. That is exactly what this controller brings - control over the rate of animation. The red buttons act as an emergency stop which you will use an awful lot as you get used to it . Contrary to uncertainties in my earlier review for the future of the standard remote controller, this does not render the old unit obsolete. It does infact complement it rather well. Some items such as lights and in some installations, actuators, work better with a simple on/off function. The old controller and new speed remote controller clip together really well to form a console and together they are infact greater than the sum of their parts. Buy it and you may be frustrated to begin with, however, have patience and continue to experiment with its application, as the rewards will bring your Lego to life. Excellent work Lego 10/10Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
- December 18th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Works, when using right batterieslilkdc | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI added power functions to the Holiday Train my son and I put together. I was getting very frustrated when I could not get it to work. Removing the IR receiver allowed it to work, but who wants to hit the button on the battery to stop it. It turned out to be the batteries - Duracell batteries do NOT work in the remote - the terminals are slightly shorter than those on Eveready. Lego needs to make a slight adjustment to their battery compartment so it will work with Duracells.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
- August 1st, 2010Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A Must Have for any Lego Train BuyerTurner | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!With this remote, you can control 4 Emerald Night trains, or 8 Passenger Train or Cargo Trains. In other words, you can run four trains with both lights and motor action, or eight trains with only motor power. It uses the battery power very efficiently, too, only using it when you turn the knobs. (I've had a remote for 8 months so far with the same batteries in it) Because of this feature, there isn't an on/off switch. Great price, too. It greatly enhances the play experience of the Emerald Night, or maybe a custom train of yours.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control
- March 13th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Productwnadgmom | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonPretty self-explanatory. Works well. Not too expensive. You need an IR Receiver to use this product.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 15 minsWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control