Add this LEGO® DUPLO® 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks set to any new or existing DUPLO train set and develop early construction skills as your toddler builds the tall bridge and arranges the toy train track pieces in any way they like. Help your preschooler place the yellow action brick on the track to make compatible DUPLO trains sound a horn as they drive over it. Also includes a LEGO DUPLO construction worker figure, 2 loose bricks, a spade and a suitcase to extend the role-play and story-telling fun.
- Includes a construction worker LEGO® DUPLO® figure with spade and suitcase accessory elements.
- Features 8 straight track pieces, 4 sloped pieces to make the bridge and a yellow (horn sound) action brick.
- Use this set with the 10874 Steam Train or 10875 Cargo Train to extend the possibilities of your LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Show your child how easy it is to place the yellow action brick on the track to make any compatible LEGO® DUPLO® train, such as the 10874 Steam Train or 10875 Cargo Train, sound the horn as it passes over.
- The tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Includes 2 loose brick, spade and suitcase elements to extend the role-play and story-telling options.
- These toy train tracks make an ideal gift for preschool train fans.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- Combine with 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Bridge measures over 4” (12cm) high at its highest point.
- January 21st, 2019Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Doesnt quite fit!We have the numbers train, Mickey and Minnie's birthday parade train, this set of bridge tracks and another set of flat tracks. Unfortunately there is a raised lip on the outer edges of the bridge tracks that are a bit too narrow to allow the train's wheels to sit fully within the tracks. This often causes the train to derail as it transitions off the bridge. It caused my toddlers a lot of frustration at first but now they don't mind as much and just put the train back on the tracks. The price is definitely too high for so few pieces and such an annoying design flaw.21 January 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. We're sorry for the confusion! This bridge has been designed to use with trains like 10874 Steam Train or 10875 Cargo Train, which have a different style of wheels. Sets like 10847 Number Train were created for our very youngest builders. Children as young as 18 months can have fun with easy-to-steer larger wheels and without the constraints of a track. While this style of train will fit onto straight DUPLO® tracks, it may not go on speciality pieces like bridges or crossings.Play Experience3.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Train Bridge and Tracks
- November 9th, 2019Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Not compatible with most Duplo trainsMy son really likes pushing his numbers train around on Duplo tracks, so I thought he would like an expansion set for the basic set of tracks he already has. I knew that the "action piece" from this set wouldn't do anything with a simpler train, but I didn't realize that the train literally would not fit on the tracks. It's really frustrating that there are no track expansion sets available to push a non-motorized train around on, which kids love to do! I guess I will switch from DUPLO to a wooden BRIO-style track system. Not sure why Lego has chosen to make their train system have so many compatibility issues. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend this kit or even the DUPLO train system more generally speaking.
Response from LEGO SHOP13 November 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review; we're sorry to hear you were disappointed in the train bridge. We make two sorts of DUPLO® trains - ones for the very youngest builders, which will have wide wheels that aren't designed to be used on tracks. Trains with motors are meant for kids on the older end of the DUPLO age range, and are designed to chug along on tracks. While the wider-wheel trains may not fit on special pieces (like bridges or crossings), you can still push them along on straight or curved pieces.Play Experience1.0Value for Money1.0Was this helpful?15Train Bridge and Tracks
- April 1st, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Duplo hammerI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonA great add on for your little one’s train set. Buy it but beware, bridge sections WILL be used as hammers capable of breaking duplo bricks and deforming the bridge sections. The train may have some difficulty climbing the tall bridge as well.
Response from LEGO SHOP7 April 2020Emily, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear this. We pride on making sure our bricks can last for generations, so they shouldn't break during normal play. If you do have broken pieces, please get in touch at LEGO.build/Service-BV.Play Experience4.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Train Bridge and Tracks
- January 2nd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Works great with Steam Train (10874)jay2 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonLike other reviews have said, this set is not designed to work with sets like "Number Train" (10847), "Mickey & Minnie Birthday Parade" (10597), "Toy Story Train" (10894), or other sets that have the larger wheels (often red or yellow) on the sides of 2x6 bricks. If you have either the "Steam Train" (10874) or "Cargo Train" sets (10875) that come with battery powered trains with skinny wheels then this set will work great and allows for must more interesting track design.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 minsWas this helpful?55Train Bridge and Tracks