Looking for a special gift for kids who love construction toy sets? This 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-Duty Excavator (42121) toy has plenty of features for hours of creative play. Boys and girls aged 8 and up will enjoy an immersive building challenge before exploring the digger toy's realistic features.
See how an excavator works
Digging, driving, rotating; there's so much to discover in this cool kids' excavator toy. Check out the shovel that moves up and down, plus the movable arm, running belts and rotating body. There’s also a detailed cabin with a driver’s seat and control panel. The set comes with extra LEGO brick ‘stones’ to dig and 4 cones. When it’s time for a new challenge, the model rebuilds into a tracked tractor with backhoe.
A rewarding build for young LEGO fans
The LEGO Technic universe offers advanced building toys for LEGO fans ready for their next challenge. With realistic mechanisms, these rewarding sets are a great way to introduce kids to the world of engineering.
- Whether it’s a birthday, Christmas, or ‘just because’ gift, young construction fans will love building and exploring this 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-Duty Excavator (42121) toy set.
- Packed with realistic features, this digger toy set lets kids see how construction vehicles really work. Check out the moving shovel and arm, plus running belts, just like on a real excavator.
- When kids are ready for a new challenge, the 2-in-1 toy model rebuilds into a tracked tractor with backhoe.
- This cool excavator toy for kids is ideal for boys and girls aged 8 and up who love construction vehicles.
- With the authentic cabin and control panel to explore, it’s easy for kids to imagine life on a construction site with this cool excavator toy.
- Role-play is easy with this cool set. There are 4 cones to manage the building site, plus extra LEGO® pieces to use as bricks for scooping up with the digger truck toy.
- This kids' excavator toy model measures over 9 in. (23 cm) high, with arm up,14.5 in. (37 cm) long, with arm fully extended, and 4 in. (11 cm) wide.
- The LEGO® Technic™ universe opens up the world of engineering for young LEGO fans ready for their next building challenge.
- LEGO® components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it's been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet strict global safety standards.
- March 14th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazing Little Machine!!!Kenner |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have dozens of Lego sets of all varieties and have been building and collecting them for nearly 50 years! This is however my first review. when I saw this set come up I knew at once I would purchase it and I was in no way disappointed in doing so. In my estimation it is a great set at a great price point and I highly recommend it. That being said there is in my opinion one flaw... Good news, it is easily corrected with existing pieces from the set! The flaw resides in the "curl" function of the bucket which impairs its ability to adequately pick up or maintain a load. I have attached pictures which hopefully will aid anyone wishing to make the change. Thanks for reading and enjoy!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Heavy-Duty Excavator
- March 6th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent ExcavatorI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a very nice build, and I was really impressed by how highly detailed this is for a smaller technic build. Unlike some other previous excavators which are a bit skeletal this has very few panel gaps. The only issue I had was that the bucket has a bit of a limited range so you can’t use it to it’s full capacity when picking stuff up. Other than that I can’t fault it. It looks right at home next to modular buildings too!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Heavy-Duty Excavator
- March 5th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Enjoyable!btatkin |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhen I saw pictures of this set, I thought it was neat but not something I wanted to buy. After some time, though, I decided to make the purchase and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this set. There are plenty of useful pieces, like four universal joints, two small linear actuators, some panel pieces and treads. The lack of a gearbox was disappointing at first, but the end result proved to be rather fun even without it. If you are new to technic, I think you will especially enjoy this set.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Heavy-Duty Excavator
- March 12th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Nice little Technic setI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's been a while since I've touched Technic, so this was a good small build to practice on; lots of detail and functionality for such a compact build. I found assembling the innumerable track plates quite cathartic. Lots of stickers though, and I'm always bad at sticking them on straight! I also found it odd that the control panel tile in the cabin has a sticker for the gauges, when Lego makes a tile with printed gauges on them. The mechanisms to rotate the digger arm are quite slow. You've got to spin it like crazy to make it move a decent speed. Additionally, it was a bit strange to me that the cabin is just too small to fit a minifigure; feels like making the cabin big enough to fit one would've been a rather trivial modification to the design. Overall though, nice little afternoon project, and I do recommend it!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Heavy-Duty Excavator