Enhance your LEGO® building sets with the LEGO Powered Up 88011 Train Motor. Build this motor into LEGO train construction toys to make them move. Remember to power the motor with the 88006 Move Hub or 88009 Hub.
- Features a train motor, connecting wire and a connection point for LEGO® Powered Up components.
- Use to motorize LEGO® trains and bring models to life.
- November 28th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Comes with wheels and axlesTrainplane3 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Like the other review states, it does come with wheels and axles. Aside from that it does exactly what it should do, move your train (when connected to a hub of course).Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 10 minsWas this helpful?55Train Motor
- May 10th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Works the same as its Power Function predecessororganista014 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!For the train motor component alone, this performs similarly as the old Power Function (PF) train motor (88002). However, take note that this is NOT compatible with the power function battery box -- you will need to purchase the new more expensive Powered Up (PU) battery box (88009) or hub (88006) and get the appropriate bluetooth remote control or download the phone/tablet app. This will work with the recent City train sets (holiday, Maersk, passenger, cargo, emerald night, etc.) and tracks, but not the older 9-volt systems. Also, this does not come with the axles and train wheels, so you might have to source them from your existing sets or extra parts. The wheels suffer from track slippage so if your engine is not heavy enough, you will get that annoying slippage and friction sound. An option is to mount the battery hub on top of this motor, which will challenge your creativity. Fortunately, you won't need the IR receiver since it is already built in to the hub that this motor connects to, so no need to worry much with the wires. I also noticed that this motor is slightly slower than the old PF motor, but not too much, which is fine because going at full speed on curves will make the train fly and derail off the tracks. The port plugs don't have clips, so they slip out of the hub if they are not secured. I will not go through the debate of Power Function vs. Powered Up on this review, but if you decide to go with the latter route, this is a direct and exact size/shape replacement for the old motor.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Train Motor
- June 28th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0This set includes wheels and axlesMonkeysout | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was worried about the poor reviews on here for this set, specifically the lack of wheels and axles in this set. You can check what parts are available for a set by going to .... lego shop > bottom left of page > missing parts > buy bricks > search for 88011 and it shows ... "3 bricks available for this set, wheels, axle and motor" so its not just the motor. After ordering and receiving 2 sets, I can confirm the wheels and axles are included. This motor is £1 more than the old one, but worth it i think, since it has sensor feedback and better torque as seen in YouTube videos and my own testing. Note, you'll have to find/add your own couplers and any fancy trim you want. Contents of 88011 = 7pcs ------------------------ 1x motor 2x axles 4x wheels Don't forget, this motor is for the latest Powered Up hubs (Bluetooth) and it won't connect to the old Power Functions hubs (IR). Andy.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 5 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Train Motor
- July 15th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0It comes with wheels and axels.Trainfan5 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe price did not increase from the power functions and it has the wheels and axles. Great!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Train Motor